Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Lion Hunting Packages with Spiral Horn Safaris

The hunt will take place in the North West province of South Africa and each of the lions will be hunted on 15 000 acres.

Option 1: $27 000

The package includes:
7x Hunting day�s accommodation for 1 hunter hunting 1 on 1 with their ph.
1x Lion Male
1x Lion Female

You are welcome to add a hunting partner to this hunting and split the two lions daily rate for extra hunter would be $250 per day?

The above rates include the following:

� The full use of all facilities in the camp such as the swimming pool and satellite television
� A daily laundry service is also available at no extra cost
� Full catering: early morning coffee & rusks, brunch, snacks, dinner, all soft drinks and alcoholic beverages in moderation
� Hunting: a fully licensed Professional Hunter, trackers, skinners, all camp staff, transport to and from blinds, picking up of trophies, field preparation of any game taken and transportation of trophies to shipping company
� Transport by vehicle from Johannesburg International Airport
� Trophy fees of animals bagged or wounded
� All export and cities permitts

The above rates excludes the following:

� Transport by vehicle between other Hunting Provinces
� Taxidermy work and shipping of trophies to final destination
� Rifle hire - per Rifle per day (includes ammunition)
� Gratuities

Option 2: $25000

This package includes:

7x Hunting day�s accommodation for 1 hunter hunting 1 on 1 with their ph.
1x Lion Male

The above rates include the following:

� The full use of all facilities in the camp such as the swimming pool and satellite television
� A daily laundry service is also available at no extra cost
� Full catering: early morning coffee & rusks, brunch, snacks, dinner, all soft drinks and alcoholic beverages in moderation
� Hunting: a fully licensed Professional Hunter, trackers, skinners, all camp staff, transport to and from blinds, picking up of trophies, field preparation of any game taken and transportation of trophies to shipping company
� Transport by vehicle from Johannesburg International Airport
� Trophy fees of animals bagged or wounded
� All export and cities permitts

The above rates excludes the following:

� Transport by vehicle between other Hunting Provinces
� Taxidermy work and shipping of trophies to final destination
� Rifle hire - per Rifle per day (includes ammunition)
� Gratuities

All photo�s of past hunts as well as a list of references can be provided!

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Last edited by SHS; 01/07/11.

Louis van Bergen - Owner and Outfitter of Spiral Horn Safaris
Web site: www.spiralhorn.co.za
E-mail: [email protected]
Cell: +27 76 577 6292
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by SHS

each of the lions will be hunted on 15 000 acres.

Can you clarify what that means?

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I would assume it means the area they are hunted is approximately 15,000 acres. Spiral Horn Safaris is a 24hr sponsor.

Hunting For Adventure
Tom Addleman (816) 213-6646
[email protected]
To book your next great hunting adventure - www.huntingforadventure.com
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Hi Toltecgriz

It means that each lion will be hunted on a property no smaller than 15 000 acres.

Should anyone have any questions please don�t hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Originally Posted by SHS

each of the lions will be hunted on 15 000 acres.

Can you clarify what that means?

Sounds like hunting areas no smaller than about 23 1/2 square miles.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
IC B2

Z
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Z
Lion hunting my ass.

Z
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Z
Lion hunting my ass.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I hear you.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by SilentT
I would assume it means the area they are hunted is approximately 15,000 acres. Spiral Horn Safaris is a 24hr sponsor.

I don't care if he's a sponsor for UNICEF, nor do I care about the amusing mathematicians and land surveyors. It's a strange way to describe a free ranging lion hunt. And if it's not free ranging, then I really don't care.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Hi Zambian

Let me start off by saying that I have been on wild lion hunts in Zambia and yes it takes a lot of effort and skill to get a good mature male. I understand the fact that it takes a lot of money and time to hunt a wild lion and I am very much in favour of these kind of hunts!

However we don�t live in an ideal world and one has to decide which is better in the long run it is one thing to say that you do not agree with hunting a lion were there are fences but have you ever thought about the long term effects should we not hunt Lion in South Africa at all.

You seem like a very smart guy so let me take the time out to explain it to you.

1 A lot more pressure will fall on the wild lion populations quota�s will grow larger and larger.
2 The price of hunting wild lion will shoot trough the roof there will always be people who can afford it but the bracket will get smaller and smaller.
3 There is a new ugly trend called the lion bone trade they make wine from the bones or something now if there are no captive bread lions where will they turn to oh yes the wild populations.

We as South Africans have taken the brunt for long enough there are some bad apples that gave the industry a bad name but the current state of the economy has and will sort them out.

I posted this hunt for people who would be interested in hunting a lion on foot in a big area (15 000 acres) and used the true size of the property and did not add a bunch of zero�s (200 000 acres) just to avoid the heat I am being honest and upfront about everything here so that the client knows what he is getting. This hunt is not in an unfenced area for wild lion that would be in Zambia, Zim, Mozambique and sometimes Botswana with no fences.

This hunt will be conducted on 15 000 acres of land with no internal fences and the lion can roam freely in the property it will have to be tracked and hunted on foot.

I never advertised it as a wild lion hunt in a unfenced area? If being honest about something is strange then we sure are living a strange world today.

If you can afford a wild lion hunt well good for you and go do it, there are people out there who want to hunt lion but can�t afford it and now there is another option available.

But don�t worry he will most probably not do a South Africa or Namibia hunt since his peers will criticize him terribly even thought they have never experience the hunt for them self�s.

Zambian I have some really good friends hunting wild lion on a yearly basis in the South Luangwa they are not sour nor do they get upset about people ethically hunting lion in South Africa since both industries need to coexist for prices to remain were they are as well as to keep the pressure of the wild lion populations. I respect those people they are not scared of competition nor are they narrow minded but that is most probably why they have one of the biggest and well respected names out there.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SHS
Hi Zambian

Let me start off by saying that I have been on wild lion hunts in Zambia and yes it takes a lot of effort and skill to get a good mature male. I understand the fact that it takes a lot of money and time to hunt a wild lion and I am very much in favour of these kind of hunts!

However we don�t live in an ideal world and one has to decide which is better in the long run it is one thing to say that you do not agree with hunting a lion were there are fences but have you ever thought about the long term effects should we not hunt Lion in South Africa at all.

You seem like a very smart guy so let me take the time out to explain it to you.

1 A lot more pressure will fall on the wild lion populations quota�s will grow larger and larger.
2 The price of hunting wild lion will shoot trough the roof there will always be people who can afford it but the bracket will get smaller and smaller.
3 There is a new ugly trend called the lion bone trade they make wine from the bones or something now if there are no captive bread lions where will they turn to oh yes the wild populations.

We as South Africans have taken the brunt for long enough there are some bad apples that gave the industry a bad name but the current state of the economy has and will sort them out.

I posted this hunt for people who would be interested in hunting a lion on foot in a big area (15 000 acres) and used the true size of the property and did not add a bunch of zero�s (200 000 acres) just to avoid the heat I am being honest and upfront about everything here so that the client knows what he is getting. This hunt is not in an unfenced area for wild lion that would be in Zambia, Zim, Mozambique and sometimes Botswana with no fences.

This hunt will be conducted on 15 000 acres of land with no internal fences and the lion can roam freely in the property it will have to be tracked and hunted on foot.

I never advertised it as a wild lion hunt in a unfenced area? If being honest about something is strange then we sure are living a strange world today.

If you can afford a wild lion hunt well good for you and go do it, there are people out there who want to hunt lion but can�t afford it and now there is another option available.

But don�t worry he will most probably not do a South Africa or Namibia hunt since his peers will criticize him terribly even thought they have never experience the hunt for them self�s.

Zambian I have some really good friends hunting wild lion on a yearly basis in the South Luangwa they are not sour nor do they get upset about people ethically hunting lion in South Africa since both industries need to coexist for prices to remain were they are as well as to keep the pressure of the wild lion populations. I respect those people they are not scared of competition nor are they narrow minded but that is most probably why they have one of the biggest and well respected names out there.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

SHS, you wasted your time on Z but I appreciate your business. I would imagine . . . and correct me if I am wrong . . . the lions running around in your fenced compound are still dangerous, correct?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
GMAFB

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I bet it'd be more fun than shooting livestock deer out of permanent boxes over corn feeders.

MAGA
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Good Day Gentleman

I would like to start off by saying I realize this is not everyone�s cup of tea and it is their right not to book a hunt I am not forcing anyone in to something they don�t agree with.

OrangeOkie thank you for the positive response and yes Zambia might not agree with me and I most probably did waste my time but at least we can say that I don�t have any hidden agenda�s nor am I afraid of competition.

You are 100% correct the lion is still very much dangerous there are no internal fences so simply put they should also be show respect when hunted on foot.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,918
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.