Print Thread
Hop To
Page 585 of 1,842 1 2 583 584 585 586 587 1841 1842
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Good going,Ryan!!!!!!!!!!
Grizzly Bill,yeah all the snow we get here is the self-shoveling kind.
Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
not sure, I'll know more on friday/saturday after I meet with the supervisors

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Awesome. PF is the best of the bunch as far as I'm concerned. I used to be a local chapter board member and that organization had their "stuff" together for sure, at every level, local, state, and national.

Have fun with it.
Brent

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Way to go Ryan!

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the texts Ryan and Tom. Just got home now and glad to hear about the job Ryan. Hope everything works out for you.

Had to have Jeremy's uncle pull me out of the ditch on the way home from his grandma's tonight. This car was driving down the middle of the road and would not move over. They never stopped. Bad thing is, he has a Ford and I will not hear the end of it. I have never ran in the ditch before. It just killed me to call George, but he is the closest one. If I had a shovel I would have dug for hours just so I wouldn't have to call him. Dad knows what I'm talking about. smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sorry you had to drive in the ditch Muffy.

I don't know why you would think a Ford guy would give so much greif just for pulling out a Chevy. Everybody know that's why fords have the tow hooks built in...for pullin Chevy's. It is an industry wide fact. smile

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Chevys and ditches, kind of like ham and eggs. laugh

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It's probably the same Chevy that had to be pulled out at Chickenbuck durring deer season.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Ford tractor pulled that chevy out... whistle

grin

(I'm asking for it now and I'm afraid I'm gonna get it)

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Muffy
If I had a shovel I would have dug for hours just so I wouldn't have to call him. Dad knows what I'm talking about. smile

grin Geez Muffy, it looks like ya best keep a shovel in yer truck as part of yer PLL (presribed load list) grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone

I don't know why you would think a Ford guy would give so much greif just for pulling out a Chevy. Everybody know that's why fords have the tow hooks built in...for pullin Chevy's. It is an industry wide fact. smile

***In the voice of John Wayne***

Ya talk an awful lotta smack for someone who drives a rice burner truck pilgrim

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

grin

I knew it was a Ford something. smile I'll probably get stuck there now...I'll have to wait for you. No way I'm calling Big D or Missy now. grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by tzone

***In the voice of John Wayne***

Ya talk an awful lotta smack for someone who drives a rice burner truck pilgrim

grin

That rice burner tuck was made in Texas. I traded a Chevy on it because the Chevy was a POS...and it made it through that camp road just fine. smile

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Chevys and ditches, bitches, kind of like ham and eggs. laugh

There! Fixed it for ya!

grin

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave

grin

I don't care that it was a ford that pulled me out. I used to have a Ford Sport Track, wish I still had it actually. It is just the fact that I had to call George to pull me out. I will never hear the end of it. smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Actually at the moment, I'm not real happy with my Chevy. Its an '07 Silverado with the 5.3L. Eats oil like a pig. GM knows they have a problem, the dealers know they have a problem but up until yesterday I got the run around. I lost all oil pressure on the way to work yesterday morning and had to shut it down right away. Funny thing is, it still had plenty of oil. Dipstick registered 1/2 qt low. I called the dealer and said "thats it! I'm tired of not getting anywhere with this problem! I'm bringing it in and your either fixing it or buying it back. The guy finally fessed up that GM now admits there is a problem with those motors so we will see how it goes when I bring it in tomorrow.

I actually told the wife "I hate to use the F word but I bet Ford isn't having these problems!"

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Muffy, a Ford pulling out a Chevy just is not very newsworthy as it is a commonplace occurrence across the Northland. whistle

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Muffy, a Ford pulling out a Chevy just is not very newsworthy as it is a commonplace occurrence across the Northland. whistle

I seem to recall that I had to pull out the "old yeller" Ford with my dad's Chevy. smile The Ford was hung up on either a log or stump. Stuck pretty bad, but the Cheby had no problem getting it out. I was just worried that the tow rope would snap or come loose and I would have ended up in the swamp.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
My fords have a deer atracting problem.

Other than that I'm pretty happy.

The triton engines have a well known spark plug problem (hard to change, they can break while trying to change them, I've even heard of them blowing right out of the head.)

I've never experienced that problem and I hope I never will.

I put a coil in a 97 F150 with a 5.4 back around 02 or 03 I think? And I put an alternator in one once, possibly the same F150 or maybe it was an 01 I had.

for the superdities I put an O-ring on an oil fitting feeding the high pressure oil pump in a 7.3 liter, and I had a fuel control module go bad in my last superduty which was a 6 liter, waranty covered that one.

In the last 11 or so years that's all I can think of for repairs (other than deer hits).

Before that I drove an older truck, a 78 F150 that was a drive it while I restore it truck so it got lots of work done, hardly ever out of necessity but more for the restoration goals.

The old 1970F250 never "nneds" anything but I've been hanging better tin on it, slowly fixing the body to just make it look nicer.

The 77 f150 I am driving now while my 07 is in the body shop is another of those "drive it while you restore it" trucks.

So, it has had a lot of joint, seals, bearings type of work done to tighten it up and make it nicer to drive.

So my out of pocket repairs to my regular daily driver trucks in the last decade or longer, have been one rubber O-ring, an alternator and an ignition coil.

Oh wait, wait... that white superduty, the 7.3 liter... I put a rear U-joint in that one at 120k or so.

forgot about that.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Berettaman

You sure it's not the Chevy pushin the Ford? grin We do it that way to make Ford people happy, but we all know the truth.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
Page 585 of 1,842 1 2 583 584 585 586 587 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,172
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.