Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 587 of 1,842 1 2 585 586 587 588 589 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Do any of you MN kids have a Lifetime license? I've been thinking about getting one of those. I might get one for the kid too, I'll have to check into that.

I'm guessing at some point in the near future Mr. Government won't let us buy them anymore.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know a few states have tried em, and some stopped doing it, but if you already had one, you were grandfathered in for life. I was gonna get one right now when I was forced to change my residency, but it looks like I'll have to change it to a different state instead. I can get one for the boy since his ma is a resident.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by northern_dave

The triton engines have a well known spark plug problem (hard to change, they can break while trying to change them, I've even heard of them blowing right out of the head.

Dave, if you have to change plugs on the 5.4 Triton here's a trick that the service manager at a Ford dealership gave me. Do it in the winter if at all possible when the temp will be minus 10 or colder. Let the truck sit out all night, than remove the plugs in the morning. He says they come out with minimal effert.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I bought a lifetime sportsmans license for the little girl. I plan on doing the same for the boys here pretty quick and might even add the deer license for them. gets a little on the spendy side though when you have twins!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Utah did a lifetime license program that they ceased to sell in 1994. Everyone who has one is grandfathered in. I wish I would have known about it (and had the money, which I didn't) way back then. It would have paid for itself rather quickly I imagine.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Uncle_Dusty
stop picking on me you guys. mad frown grin

We wouldn't give ya crap if we didn't know that you will give it right back ten fold Dusty!

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
As far as I know WI doesn't offer a lifetime license. My son and DIL have lifetime licenses from Idaho.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/licenses/lifetime/residents/index.html

Here is the link to the Minnesota lifetime hunting license info.

I have not read past the fees but I'm curious on the deer license. How does that work with doe permits and bonus/management tags etc.?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
WI doesn't offer one. If they did, I would have bought one before I left. At the rate work is no stacking up, I won't be able to go anyway.

I go from nuttin' to hyperspeed in 3 weeks.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
We only pick on you because we love you Uncle Dusty.

Dave and Dusty...What's the bear situation up at chickenbuck. Should we be putting in for tags up there this year?

we have em around. If somebody wants to hunt bear we should put tags in, not sure what the dates are for applications.

Something clever here.

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well I'm driving the deer smashed truck, the body shop can't get it in until the end of the month. What I thought was antifreeze is ust a die they put in the reftigerant/oil to help detact leaks I guess.

The smashed ford is still driveable.

Now I need to pick out a replacement bumper, might get an aftermarket.

Looking at the ranch hand summit bullnose and the top gun bull nose bumpers.

any other suggestions?

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Does Mn. give free life time licenses to residents over the age of 65?South Carolina does.All I have to buy every year is use-anytime doe tags of which we can purchase up to four at $5 each.In Spring time you order free turkey tags from DNR.
The sun is out in force today.My driveway which slopes toward the street was a solid sheet of ice for the past few days.Now it is almost clear between my shoveling loose ice and the sun melting it.Only fell once.The side streets are slushy ice.Main streets are pretty clear according to what I've been told.I haven't been anywhere for the past three days.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
they are reduced, but not free over a certain age. the payback, using todays license costs, are about 10-12 years if you are under 3 years old. that i know. Tzone, you have to actually BE under 3, not ACT under 3, so you dont qualify! grin

Last edited by Berettaman; 01/12/11.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Just went on the MN dnr website.. Little difference in price if your kid is under 3 and over 4.. Thinken i should pull the trigger for the little dude,and get him a sportsmen liscene...He will be 3 end of july....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
got me really thinkin about that lifetime license thing. not for myself but for the boy, he's under 3 so it would be $337 to be able to hunt deer in MN for life. knowing my luck if I got him a firearms he would become a die hard bowhunter. does the firearms cover all types including muzzleloader? I think so, but I'm guessing its only good for one tag a year

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
WI doesn't offer one. If they did, I would have bought one before I left. At the rate work is no stacking up, I won't be able to go anyway.

I go from nuttin' to hyperspeed in 3 weeks.

I remember those days. That's what makes retirement so great. smile

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Grizzly Bill, Retirement ain't just great,it's WONDERFUL!!
If I had known it was this great I would have retired before I did.
We just booked a week long cruise to Key West and the Bahamas in April.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Can't speak for MN Stan, but WI dropped their free license program for seniors some time ago. Under the old program seniors paid a one time $10 fee and received a lifetime fishing, small game and state parks entry permit. Deer license was not included.

Now they sell a annual senior fishing and small game license for about half price.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Now I need to pick out a replacement bumper, might get an aftermarket.

Looking at the ranch hand summit bullnose and the top gun bull nose bumpers.

any other suggestions?

grin The bow armor from an M48 tank??? grin

Last edited by EvilTwin; 01/13/11.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I just called Toyota to schedule a trans. fluid change. Service dude asked how many miles and I said 76K. He said well we don't recomend one until 100K.

I kinda still wanted to do it anyway. He said "you're welcome to, but Toyota covers that transmission to 100K on that vehicle so I'd save your money."

I know a lot of guys that give me guff for buying that truck, but man it's been good right from the start, and so has every Toyota dealer I've been to.

I am going to change it at 90-95K though to work the kinks out if there are any before 100K. smile

Page 587 of 1,842 1 2 585 586 587 588 589 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (17CalFan, 1lesfox, 1234, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,518
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.