-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here's a unedited clip of Governor Brewer's input.

Link: http://www.azfamily.com/video/?id=113425754&sec=528757

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I thought it was a quite good speech. It touched the issues and he asked for non partisan support for a better america. All Presidents use teleprompters, including Reagan. What kind of speech do you suppose McCain would have done? He put the Judge on the bench.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Goddam NERVY of those two to show their nose here, given our "Overall Situation"

Spot on CFO!

JD338

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What "Judge" would that be ?

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
What "Judge" would that be ?

GTC

LOL that answer isn't coming quickly or honestly.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Re- Obama, et al.

"Have you no shame, sir?"

Nope.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
people need to understand that the university of arizona is extremely liberal, and it was a pep rally for obama.
about six or seven years ago maybe longer i went to a college commencement at bear down stadium, and listened to speaker after speaker say they wish they could wish the graduates good luck in getting a job, but couldnt befcause of the economy, and it was george bush's fault.
I was growling and my wife told me to shut up before we got lynched.
I give the devil his due. He did an excellent job of presenting that speech, and made good points in it.
He was called for civility, the same guy who said if the right brings a knife he would bring a gun, or something to that effect.
I have come to the conclusion democrats run on emotion not fact, and he is good at harnessing it.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
this whole situation has turned into a big show for the obama admin.
these people have no shame, how disrespectful

=========================================================
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570
It was a damn good speech , delivered well .

I still don't like him or trust him but I believe in giving credit where it's due .

spelled the town wrong , I reckon .

I agree -- didn't watch any other part, tho.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
There is nothing that the Nigerian can or ever will say that I will either trust or agree with...
About where I am also.. I cannot - WILL NOT - watch that pos on TV or anywhere else.. Only time I will watch is when he leaves the Oval Office and hopefully goes away - back to Kenya, as far as I'm concerned, on the very FIRST plane available..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My Bad, John McCain only recomended John Roll for his position.

"Roll was nominated by President George H. W. Bush on September 23, 1991, to a seat on the United States District Court for the District of Arizona that had been vacated by Alfred C. Marquez. He was confirmed by the United States Senate on November 22, 1991".

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Good speech, well delivered for the moment. No need to read into it more than it is.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Memorial service where they handed out T-shirts?

I don't care how good the speech was, that act right there is THE tackiest and most hurtful thing I've ever heard of. Nothing better than that displays the total lack of compassion and empathy held by our president, no matter what words he reads off that were written by somebody else.

If it had been one of my family that died and they pulled that crap, I'd have been coming unglued.

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i don't watch obama. as soon as his face appears on the screen i change the channel. how anyone could trust him (or believe in him), after what he has and continues to do to our country, is beyond me. i just thankful the repubs control the house now. it should be much harder for obama to get the remainder of his agenda passed. we shall see.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Attempting intellectual honesty and fairness, it was a well delivered speech given at a most inappropiate event. The venue in which the speech could be given provided the impetus for Bam-Bam to direct his speech writers to work around the clock to construct speech perfection.

If one chooses to ignore the totality of all his administration's disgraces, the speech will be considered his best. But, that is part of the problem....it was a speech, not a eulogy given at a solemn event.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It brings to mind the "solemn event" of Wellstone back in the day. [bleep] never change. Why expect different??

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
It's funny reading these negative postings. You all can probably find devil references during the Pope's homily without attending mass.

Last edited by tweebe; 01/13/11.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"a speech,not a eulogy" nails it perfectly .I'm betting none of the "journalists"-even the right wingers- make that distinction .[You best not be plagiarising,counselor grin ]

The scary part is that "they" seem to have learned a lot about "us" since he made his "clinging to God and guns" comments .Expect that every word they say from now 'til Nov '12 will be directed at the independent voter.

Everybody who watched the speech last night was part of a giant focus group .This speech will be the template for the next two years .

Having Holder and Janetbaby show up to read scripture was the most blatant offense of the whole deal IMO .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Having Holder and Janetbaby show up to read scripture was the most blatant offense of the whole deal IMO ."

Still trying to get my arms around THAT bullchit,.....

...and once all of the feely kissy huggy warmth fades, let's REMEMBER that this pack of goddam lying thieves are supporting 10 Foreign Countries in an ATTACK on an American State !

"Come let us all reason"....my AZZ!

GTC

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You have to give our Empty Suit-in-Chief credit. He is a campaigner.

One that never stops.

He really ought to set his sights on some other meaningful task.
The election is over.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 28 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,501
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.