Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

New Breakthrough Seen
In Giffords' Recovery

In his speech at Arizona memorial service, Obama announces Rep. Gabrielle Giffords 'opened her eyes for the first time' just moments after he visited her in the hospital.

And many people will fall for it.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I had the same thought also.....he could have worded it differently but they never let a crisis go to waste.

Absolutely no class.....it's always about him.

And when did they install the applause sign in the gym????

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're joking...right?

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Scalped from the "Az. Red Star"

President Barack Obama says Rep. Gabrielle Giffords opened her eyes for the first time moments after he and the first lady visited with her at University Medical Center today.

The news made the more than 14,000 people at a tribute tonight at McKale Center cheer.

He said Giffords, who is fighting for her life at the hospital, knows that Americans love her and are rooting for her recovery.

The president spoke at a memorial service after he and first lady Michelle Obama spent time with Giffords and other victims of Saturday's shooting rampage.

Calling Giffords by her nickname, "Gabby," the president said: "She knows we love her."

Giffords' husband, astronaut Mark Kelly, watched from the front row Wednesday evening at the service at the University of Arizona.

Giffords was shot through the head as she conducted a constituent event outside a Tucson supermarket. Obama said that by gathering with her constituents she was carrying out a central tenet of democracy.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I think the whole thing was a campaign speech, not a memorial. Big difference in the two.

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by okok
You're joking...right?

Nope.

The Messiah appeared, and Gifford was "healed".

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by okok
You're joking...right?

Nope.

The Messiah appeared, and Gifford was "healed".
I thought this was a joke too..

I don't think this country's big enough to house that ego....

Wow.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
confusedOdd. This morning Gillibrand claimed that SHE was holding Gabrielle's hand and got a squeeze,then her eyes opened. So how many people are they allowing in to a critical care unit???? Who REALLY was there??? Inquiring minds etc etc

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

President Barack Obama says Rep. Gabrielle Giffords opened her eyes for the first time moments after he and the first lady visited with her at University Medical Center today.

The news made the more than 14,000 people at a tribute tonight at McKale Center cheer.

He said Giffords, who is fighting for her life at the hospital, knows that Americans love her and are rooting for her recovery.

The president spoke at a memorial service after he and first lady Michelle Obama spent time with Giffords and other victims of Saturday's shooting rampage.

Calling Giffords by her nickname, "Gabby," the president said: "She knows we love her."

Giffords' husband, astronaut Mark Kelly, watched from the front row Wednesday evening at the service at the University of Arizona.

Giffords was shot through the head as she conducted a constituent event outside a Tucson supermarket. Obama said that by gathering with her constituents she was carrying out a central tenet of democracy.

Sorry guys, but this one appears to be true. Obama HAD been there moments before it happened and was on his way to a memorial service. Gillibrand was holding her hand when it happened. Obama didn't claim to have been there. He got permission from Gifford's husband to make the announcement of her new progress.

I can't stand the guy, but lets keep it honest.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oddly enough, newspaper was reporting that she was able to open her eyes LAST SUNDAY.

Sonoran article

The bullet �traveled the entire length of the brain on the left side,� said Dr. Rhee, Chief Trauma Surgeon at the University Medical Center, at a press conference on Sunday. In terms of being shot in the head, this is �about as good as it�s going to get,� said Rhee.

Dr. Rhee speaks explains Rep. Giffords' condition as of Sunday morning. Photo by Curtis Prendergast.

Giffords can open her eyes, but because she is on a ventilator she can�t speak, said Rhee.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's more than just opening her eyes. She was also able to lift her arm. That's a big plus.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sure praying for that lady.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Sorry guys, but this one appears to be true. Obama HAD been there moments before it happened and was on his way to a memorial service. Gillibrand was holding her hand when it happened. Obama didn't claim to have been there. He got permission from Gifford's husband to make the announcement of her new progress.

I can't stand the guy, but lets keep it honest.
No kidding, I don't care for the man either but I didn't take his comment as being self promotional and was glad to hear that she is improving so quickly.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He is so full of it that it's coming out of his ears. And he has got some big ears. Goes to show the intelligence of the voting public. Let themselves be fooled by this lying egomaniac.

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
I pray for her full recovery. I also pray that these self-centered politicians quit using this to build their own egos and stature. How disgusting is that?

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Qtip
I pray for her full recovery. I also pray that these self-centered politicians quit using this to build their own egos and stature. !
I'm with ya....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Qtip
I pray for her full recovery. I also pray that these self-centered politicians quit using this to build their own egos and stature. How disgusting is that?

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

Almost all the local libturds have been using it. Think they have a notion that it will help them handle the new congress through guilt at least for awhile.

NRA Lifetime Member
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Here's the quote from the King/God.......
"I have just come from the University Medical Center, just a mile from here, where our friend Gabby courageously fights to recover even as we speak. And I want to tell you - her husband Mark is here and he allows me to share this with you - right after we went to visit, a few minutes after we left her room and some of her colleagues in Congress were in the room, Gabby opened her eyes for the first time. Gabby opened her eyes for the first time.
Gabby opened her eyes. Gabby opened her eyes, so I can tell you she knows we are here. She knows we love her. And she knows that we are rooting for her through what is undoubtedly going to be a difficult journey. We are there for her."

My point is that a man who isn't so self-centered would not have mentioned that the congresswoman opened her eyes after HE had visited her. A gracious confident man would have removed any reference to himself from this and would have just said, "We have received news from Gabby's staff that she has just opened her eyes" and left any reference to himself out. He was raised as a spoiled brat and is now the one of the 3 most powerful men in the world.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
shes getting better - figures bummer would want to be first to state eyes opened - he can't even get that right -

TUCSON, AZ - Doctors at University Medical Center in Tucson said Thursday that U.S. Rep. Gabrielle has begun physical therapy and is beginning to show signs of focusing her eyes and tracking her gaze.

Dr. Peter Rhee said she is doing fairly specific things with her left side and breathing on her own with very little support from breathing equipment.

Rhee, wearing a University of Arizona scrub cap, said staff is doing fairly extensive physical therapy with Giffords, including sitting her up with her legs dangling over the bed. He said she is moving both legs.

Rhee said hopefully they will get Giffords up into a chair on Friday.

The doctor described Giffords as having vision and that she's yawning and starting to rub her eyes like when you wake up in the morning.

Dr. Michael LeMole described Giffords as holding her own. He said the next step is to remove the breathing tube and that doctors will monitor her for medical conditions such as blood clots and pneumonia.

LeMole said that Giffords opening her left eye Wednesday night with friends and family surrounding her may have been prompted by the unexpected familiarity of a visit from colleagues Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand.

LeMole explained that is a sign she is aware of her surroundings.

Giffords was shot in forehead in an assassination attempt last Saturday that killed six.

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The lady was simply aware that Obama was near and was looking for the bed pan to puke in.

Understandable.

" A little solitude is a mighty precious thing "
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 62 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,323
Posts18,487,458
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.