Print Thread
Hop To
B
bender Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Listening to an abosolute idiot named Ari Berman speaking on Obama and the Democratic party. Naturally, the Az. shootings came up. He mentioned that of course, Republicans are more associated with gun (crimes) than Democrats. In actuality, I think the exact opposite is true. Legal gun ownership may be, in fact, more prevalent among Republicans. However, illegal gun ownership, and use of a gun in a crime, would seem to be owned by the Democrats. Look at where gun crime is most evident, and the representation of Democrats in those areas. It would only be logical to assume they are more active in illegal activity in general, and illegal gun ownership in particular. I would like to see a study of illegal gun possession/use of a firearm in a crime vs. political leanings.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gang bangers and drug dealers need people in their hoods to get welfare so they can buy drugs. Democrats provide the welfare, therefore the dealers must favor Democrats.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My guess is that most folks in prison aren't regular voters. I figure if you did a poll of their political leanings though, most would be Democrats.

It's no wonder Hitler got so many of the Joos. They practically stand in line and beg to be slaughtered. My gosh, always wanting everybody disarmed except the government.

B
bender Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
To take it a step further, if these perpetraters are non - voting, but lean toward Democrat (as I believe they do), then we can deduce that Democrat policies facilitate criminals. In truth, though, I imagine that the criminals would fall more into the anarchist catagory, though most would lean hard left, in any case. The tatic of immediately outlawing anything that is used to commit a crime, assumes that the criminal won't think of some way around it. Of course, that's pretty much the way they live their lives anyways. Laws are totally and absolutely meaningless to them. The more layers stacked on the law, and the more restrictions on law - abiding citizens, the easier the picking for the predator.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=ColeYounger]My guess is that most folks in prison aren't regular voters. I figure if you did a poll of their political leanings though, most would be Democrats.

Cole I work in the prison system in Wisconsin and you are absolutely right. I would guess 80%-20% in favor of Democrats.Possibly even higher. Every inmate from an inner city area i.e ghetto that I have ever heard talk poltics would vote Democrat if they could.

Bill/WI

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (1eyedmule, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 28 invisible), 2,134 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,079
Posts18,501,608
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.