Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Looking for recipe to pickle eggs
grandson has decided he really likes them

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We just save our juice from the dill pickle 1/2's and spears and add some peppers with juice.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR

I did google it but I was hoping for one that been Tweeked by someone That was good, not having to experiment for one
But Thanks again for your post

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After eating a quart jar of pickled beets, we put them in with the juice from them. Left long enough, the eggs turn this lovely color of magenta all the way through. Not being a pickled egg fan, I wouldn't say if they were good or bad.

However, a friend stopped by with a half rack of beer, he and SD ate all of them. My friend's wife didn't talk to me for a year. Wonder why............... blush

My Next Husband Will Be Normal- T. Shirt
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I use this one

1 qt. pickeled beets
3 cups white or cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 16 oz jar jalepenoes
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
1-3 Tbsp. franks red hot sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp Kosher salt or 1 Tbsp. pickling salt
1 tsp. pickling spice
2 dozen eggs

I boil my eggs then while i'm peeling them i bring all the other ingrediedts to a boil. Put eggs in mason jars and cover with the mix. I put mine in a boiling water bath for 40 min, let them cool then put them in the cabinet for a few weeks (if i can wait that long) and they are geally good. They are not as hot as the recipe sounds like they would be, just a little bit spicey

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Years ago, the old gnome that I hung around with expressed an interest in pickled eggs. I bought a jar and took to his garage/workshop/hibernation den. Our first discovery was that the farther down the egg we ate, the hotter the damn thing got. (Neither of us were in possession of digestive systems that thrived on this sort of thing.) The jar sat in the refrigerator along with the (lots of) beer, the (token for the underaged visitors)pop, and the (I never could figure out these Bohemies)whiskey bottle that hadn't been opened since the Truman administration. New visitors to the cave were offered an egg. Some took one. No one ever took two.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1lasportsman,

No disrespect intended, just trying to help as I do nothing but drop them into Clausen pickle juice.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do a search on campfire.

I posted my recipe a cupple years back. There was a great thred with lots of recipes.

Virgil B.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR

How do you do that? Put the link and actually show it searching your topic?
I have a lot to learn.....

Wattsthis
"All I'm say'n is don't get old. You'll live to regret it"
John Wayne Movie...The Train Robbers
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's one if you like them sweet and mild. Very much like the ones I'd trade anything for at lunch in grade school made by a friend's mom from a Polish family recipe. Found it somewhere on the Internet and posted it here before, one of the regulars, forgot who, wrote that I found the recipe he posted. They're pretty too.

9-12 eggs, hard boild
1 can beets
1/2 C cider vinegar
1/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp mustard seed
6 or so cloves
6 or so peppercorns
1/4 tsp allspice
1 bay leaf
Onion, sliced, to taste

Place eggs in a jar (peeled of course). Combine beet juice, reserving the beets, with other ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour over eggs, covering the eggs. Cool and refrigerate. Eggs are ready in two or three days but are best after five days.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1_deuce, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 1minute, 222ND, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,800
Posts18,516,226
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.