Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 589 of 1,842 1 2 587 588 589 590 591 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have used grocery store smelt several times on LOW. I guess I was confused by what I was told last night. That you can only use herring. I think Dave cleared up the confusion.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ryan is there and ready for his interview. He sent me a picture of himself in a suit. He cleans up real well. Didn't really look like him, he shaved. May have to post the picture later.

Gotta go collect prizes for our snowmobile club drawing.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
MUFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GOTTA POST THAT PICTURE!!!

If you look in Chapter 42, Page 196, Paragraph B, Subpart i of the Revised Chickenbuck Articles of Confederation, you will see that:
"....should any Chickenbuck member come into possession, legal or otherwise, of newly minted pictures of any other member of Chickenbuck dressed in any manner of formal attire, the Chickenbuck member coming into possession of aforementioned picture, must immediately and without delay post on the forum said picture for all to enjoy and heckle."

I just scanned subpart ii of the Articles, but I think there are repercussions if you fail to observe this practice. Something about baked goods and singing the national anthem???

Good luck Ryan. FYI, I just talked to a PF VP last nite and brought you up.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Agreed, picture must be shared.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I tried. Photobucket is not cooperating with me.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Lets see the picture

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I tried, but photobucket is not cooperating with me. I will send the pic to Dave and maybe he can do somthing with it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman
MUFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GOTTA POST THAT PICTURE!!!

If you look in Chapter 42, Page 196, Paragraph B, Subpart i of the Revised Chickenbuck Articles of Confederation, you will see that:

Nobody at Chickenbuck can read that far.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well here it is.

[Linked Image]

He don't look too happy. He said he hates suits.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Doesn't everybody? Hey Dave how's the truck? I know where there's a good Toyota.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
how did I know that pic would make it on here before I did? smile

the interview went well, was grilled for an hour again, and I actually liked it. seemed very promising and they said I would hear back on monday, tuesday at the latest. looks to be another weekend of waiting and holding my breath.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What the heck...I thought they offered you the job? Well, ya dress like that, you should get it. smile I hope you do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thanks Tom, I started to call you twice today on the way back up but the icey roads weren't very nice each time I was gonna. it was dicey for a bit but overall the trip wasn't too bad. I'm home now, the car read -24 when I pulled into C-town and I don't know if that was the actual temp, but it sure felt like it when I got out, I never thought I would say I miss being in Iowa but I sure do now! had a great time with my big bro and his fam, monday seems like a year away and after all the travel I've done in the last couple weeks I'm tired of it. plus I woke up with a cold this morning before I left. dammit anyway. oh well. a hot tottie and some bed time will do me good. I'll be more lively tomorrow.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Busy day working out in the cold yesterday

Plowed snow, cut firewood, hitched up the fish house to the plow truck, loaded the tucker on the car trailer. Pretty much everything is loaded and hooked up, ready to head to the lake today.

I need to fire up the ice auger and scrounge up some ice fishing rods and we are ready to go.

We got the 2 snowmobiles with broken recoil ropes pulled into the shop. RWS took one of the 2 operable snowmobiles out riding with his buddies, the chain broke 2 miles from home in the middle of a field section. We did a tucker recon, towed it home. Now I have 3 broken, one operable. This is pretty much how yesterday went.

Hoping for a better day today.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeez, Dave-you've got some wreching to do, man! How's the fishing? Are they pounding the wally's up your way?

Have fun with those recoil units-that's always a fun fix. If you don't crack your fingers a couple times during the process, it's a good job.

Hey-JustOneGunner and I just got an invite for deer season for next year. My neighbor just bought 320 acres up by Virginia somewhere and said we're welcome to hunt it. 'Hope to find out more info on it soon. 'Sure would be nice to have some private property available to us.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Virgina'a a decent spot to hunt most of the time. I've hunted the iron range for 22 years. The first 10 were not that great, the last 10 have been dang good!

I'm glad you found a spot.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Fighting to get stuff running this morning, first the tucker, now the plow truck.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
kinda chilly today, showing 1 here, better than last night when I got home

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Fighting to get stuff running this morning, first the tucker, now the plow truck.

Does the Tucker have a block heater Dave?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We're back home. Fish house is out on the lake, tucker is staged for lake duty... equipment continued to fight me all day, heater, auger.... But I don't quit, I can get stubborn that way grin

We even caught some fish.

Something clever here.

Page 589 of 1,842 1 2 587 588 589 590 591 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

217 members (257 mag, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 21 invisible), 1,797 guests, and 985 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,347
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.