Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lcplcpowell
Honestly, just stand by on that. Things like that are just one more thing you'll be dealing with, especially if you should get an overseas assignment. Don't be hasty.

Please welcome lcplcpowell to the fire. This is my son's first post.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Welcome to the Campfire

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Welcome aboard.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ShootingLady
on the car issue.. one of the main reasons I want to have my own POV here is so I can take care of the other junior Marines in my shop. I'm the senior Marine of the ones I came here with from school and it's on me to make sure they all get to work on time. None of them have cars and it's a 15min walk to work up an icy mountain. Therefore, a bike or anything less than a car just wont do.

It may be on you to make sure they get to work on time, but you did not take them to raise. grin

Let them be Marines and make their own way to work.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now hear this!

Originally Posted by jnyork
� you did not take them to raise.

Remember too, that they aren't going to have a sweetie (in Marine green or any other color) to coddle 'em through the rest of their hitches. Don't erase the raison d'�tre and carefully wrought effects of boot camp.

An integral and crucial element of military leadership is knowing when to NOT indulge your instincts.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
LCpl. Powell, meet LCpl SL...

Y'all two really ought to introduce yourselves.

L
L
That's understandable. When did you/will you hit the fleet?

I was always fascinated by the people that are considered to be completely normal; I always found them to be wierdest of all.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ShootingLady
� it's a 15min walk to work up an icy mountain.

And it's safer to drive than to walk? Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Now hear this!

Originally Posted by jnyork
… you did not take them to raise.

Remember too, that they aren't going to have a sweetie (in Marine green or any other color) to coddle 'em through the rest of their hitches. Don't erase the raison d'�tre and carefully wrought effects of boot camp.

An integral and crucial element of military leadership is knowing when to NOT indulge your instincts.
Good point.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Congrat's SL!!

Forget the Mom's Taxi nonsense. If the troops can't be there on time, go old school. Have them muster at a designated time/place near the barracks, and march their azzes up the hill.

I'm serious.

Semper Fi!

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Great to hear from you. I'm glad you're liking your new "job".

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"None of them have cars and it's a 15min walk to work up an icy mountain."
=======================================================
There aren't any mountains on Quantico, just some small hills!
I'm 20 minutes south of you in F'burg. Shane gave you good advice, as did several others. Welcome to VA! Be very leery of small dealers in that area. A lot of them make a living fleecing Marines with short duty assignments.
Good luck and thanks for your service! There's more than one way to skin a cat....you can get some range time in if you work at it!
1D

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
� Forget the Mom's Taxi nonsense. If the troops can't be there on time, go old school. Have them muster at a designated time/place near the barracks, and march their azzes up the hill. �

Precisely how I used to lead a bunch of "white hats" to choir practice at the chapel and back! And we were just sailors, not leather-necks!

'Course, that was 'way back in '49-'50 � but still �

"Good enough" isn't.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Been to Quantico many times. Lived in Dumfries/Triangle area in the early 60s. Went back a few years ago to visit RAS and I didn't recognize anything on U.S. 1 north to Woodbridge and further.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Good to have you back home,SL. Been to Quantico a 100 times for soccer alone but still hit the PX with a buddy of mine every now and then.

Stay away from Rt 1 dealerships and if you get in a jame as far as a ride goes,give me a shout and I'll get you lined up somehow.

The main point of this post was to say hello and to welcome you home. All with my sincere thanks for your service. Congrats on a job well done and getting assigned to a post you enjoy.

Bob

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Congrat's SL!!

Forget the Mom's Taxi nonsense. If the troops can't be there on time, go old school. Have them muster at a designated time/place near the barracks, and march their azzes up the hill.

I'm serious.

Semper Fi!
I like this. Let someone be late tomorrow...
I do miss marching a platoon...

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Don't mean to come off as an old curmudgeon, just my first impulse.

It's never a bad deal. Then you can let some of the weaker drillers take turns marching the formation if you want.

Good leadership and team building all around.

Semper Fi!

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I did a couple student gigs, and an Instructor tour at Quantico, (MSG School 1982, and 1992, and MSG Instructor 1995-1997). That was at Marshall Hall on Elliot Road.

I think I remember the O-Club where you are working with the promotion board detail higher up that hill. Might have it wrong though, it's been a while.

Semper Fi!

L
L
If I had another LCpl Marching me to the shop and back, I think I would squerm. No offense, But I havn't experienced any of that since I've been in the fleet. On the same note, if you're responsible for them..hell yeah, have fun with it.

I was always fascinated by the people that are considered to be completely normal; I always found them to be wierdest of all.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
It's no biggie, happens all the time. Not unusual to have a Sgt for a Plt Sgt, and other Sgt's as squad leaders. Sometimes it's just how things shake out.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,450 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,169
Posts18,484,568
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.