Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
Originally Posted by Paul39
Welcome to the Campfire, and to the small group of BPCR loonies who hang out here.

ET may be our unofficial Grand Poobah because he shoots an original Sharps, and it doesn't get any cooler than that!

Paul

But kin he shoot? It?

Last edited by SulfericodiforusBP; 01/20/11.
GB1

S
S
Originally Posted by DOO_DAH
That's a classy set up. But now I have to get a bandolier to keep up with you. Guess it never ends. Life is good.
I own hunting land in a swamp here in Mississippi that is getting over run with hogs. A couple of my shootig buddies from Texas are coming to help me get after the things in April. We plan to hunt them with our bufflers and SAA's. It should be a hoot. Come on down.

Hi do, Mr. Dah. How do yew hunt them pigs? Catch'em live with dogs or shoot'em?

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I put my wife and my dog Rufas in hog suits and let them run around my stand with hog pee all over them and grunt. Then I shoot'em with a cannon. It works every time it works.

a wet bird never flies at night unless it has to
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SulfericodiforusBP
Welcome to the Campfire, and to the small group of BPCR loonies who hang out here.

ET may be our unofficial Grand Poobah because he shoots an original Sharps, and it doesn't get any cooler than that!

Paul

But kin he shoot? It?

I shoot it well enuff to have a moose and a buffler on its list of victims.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't spent much time on the paper with my Sharps rifles, I usually check them for "MOR" not "MOA" which means "Minute of Rabbit".

The first is an original 50-70 that does "MOR" easily. More fun than paper. Speaking of Paper, I am in the process of getting another original buffalo rifle to get to "MOR". I have been able to shoot a few deer, 1 cow and 1 buffalo with it, but the grouping is not as jorgeI has shown.

It is in the hands of Kirk Bryan at Shiloh Rifles in Big Timber, MT. He is getting a mould made so we can make some paper patch bullets for it and get it to shooting at it's full potential, maybe even "MOR"...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Cooper is a treasure!!

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
A 50 cal rabbit rifle. I like that fellar and have never even heard of him till now. But, he deserves or should wear a hat with a little more class.

S
S
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Originally Posted by SulfericodiforusBP

Paul

But kin he shoot? It?

I shoot it well enuff to have a moose and a buffler on its list of victims.

Jes' one shot is gud shooten'.

S
S
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I haven't spent much time on the paper with my Sharps rifles, I usually check them for "MOR" not "MOA" which means "Minute of Rabbit".

The first is an original 50-70 that does "MOR" easily. More fun than paper. Speaking of Paper, I am in the process of getting another original buffalo rifle to get to "MOR". I have been able to shoot a few deer, 1 cow and 1 buffalo with it, but the grouping is not as jorgeI has shown.

It is in the hands of Kirk Bryan at Shiloh Rifles in Big Timber, MT. He is getting a mould made so we can make some paper patch bullets for it and get it to shooting at it's full potential, maybe even "MOR"...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dang!! Thel'ms FINE looking rafleguns!! Man oh live, Bro. Dah!! Jus thing og that good ol' sulferic odiferous smell?? YYYeEEEEE HHAAAAAAAAA............. cool

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
These felars around here wrap their bulets in cigarette papers or something. I guess they do that to get more smoke and be cooler. Can't imagine what ET felt like when he drew down on his buffler with the old rifle. Just "WOW". Maybe one day........

IC B3

jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I won't speak for ET but I was thete to witness it and I can tell you it was a memory of a lifetime, returning that old warrior to where it started over 150 years ago and taking another buffalo. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Well, you guys have done gone and lit a fire in me. I think there will be a buffler gun only season at Dragonhead next year. A bison probably won't come through but we'll be ready if it does. Thanks for the inspiration.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
The Cooper is a treasure!!

It is far from retired, being born in 1877 and still going strong some 134 years later...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Question for ya Shrapnel!! Does loading a BN blackpowder case present any probs peculiar to that breed??? I have heard several guys say loading a 44-90 is a nightmare to get shooting right. And that Cooper is a 40-90 BN if I am not mistaken.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is a 40-90 and I have been able to get about 4 to 6 inch groups with it. I have left it with Kirk Bryan at Shiloh rifles to see if he can get it to shoot.

He called me and said that he was ordering a new bullet mould to cast paper patch bullets. Now we wait for the mould, cast some bullets, roll them in paper and then try our luck. He thinks we can get it shooting good.

I can't wait to get this done...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard Dave Gullo got a 44-90 to shoot well enuff. One of my dreadful lusts is for a Sharps 44-90 hunting rifle. Curse me!!!!!!!

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,358
Posts18,527,128
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.