Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 595 of 1,842 1 2 593 594 595 596 597 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Huh? schools closed due to cold?? What are you teaching those kids over in wiskony? That's crazy talk!!

School is on here, not a question.

I'm heading for the lake to help Dusty set his house out and to help another friend set his house out by mine... Also to "pre fish" a bit for this weekend's fishing fun, going to be a blast!!

Laterz!

They did decide to go up there this weekend huh? I talked to him a couple days ago and he didn't know if they would go up there because it was going to be so cold.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
- 17* here. Had to wear long sleeves today.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is -15 here right now. Hopefully my rig starts. I think it should be mandatory to put block heaters in new vehicles when they are sold in MN or anyother state where it gets this cold. I never even thought of it when I bought it. If I would have noticed it didn't have one I would have told them I wouldn't buy it unless they put one in.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Oh sure, rub it in. You tell me not to come up and then you say how this weekend's going to be a blast.

Meaner.

grin

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by noduck
TZONE Okay lets throw a tuke on and some choppers and last we got to keep our feet warm going old school i know you had a pair. MOON BOOTS....

Yep, I had moon boots. grin I even used them for hunting.

Now I have the worlds heaviest pair of Iceman's. Damn those things are big, heavy, cluncky....but I've never had cold feet in them.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Muffy
It is -15 here right now. Hopefully my rig starts. I think it should be mandatory to put block heaters in new vehicles when they are sold in MN or anyother state where it gets this cold. I never even thought of it when I bought it. If I would have noticed it didn't have one I would have told them I wouldn't buy it unless they put one in.

Good luck, it's a Chevy. grin

The old Tundra fired right up and smiled the whole time...'course it was in a heated garage. smile

I had -22 at my house and -17 when I got to work 26 miles away in St. Paul.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I delt with the 2 most unprofessional people I've ever met yesterday. I was at the Work Connection taking the test and it was just me and the 2 gals that work there. As soon as I started the test they cranked up the radio. They were sitting there laughing, being very loud, and talking smack about many of their other clients. It was so rude. Uncle Dusty, I was not happy. smile

I took the test in Alexandria when I was looking for jobs there and it was nice and quiet. They were way more considerate there.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Muffy

I took the test in Alexandria when I was looking for jobs there and it was nice and quiet. They were way more considerate there.

Well, Duh! Everyone in Alexandria is considerate, nice, good looking, smart, funny, sexy, talented, good shots, etc. Everyone knows that! grin

It was a scorching -24 here last nite. We opened the windows before we went to bed and ate dinner on the patio. whistle

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
its -11 here and snowing, I feel bad for all you guys who are having cold weather, I was going to mow my lawn, but it started snowing and blowing again so I think I'll wait til it stops.

I had a pleasant surprise the other day from Dave, he liked my white chicken chili so I promised him the recipe

Mom's original recipe
chicken breasts
1 jar Randall's great northern beans
1 jar ortega green taco sauce
scallions
small can of roasted green chilis
1 large box of chicken broth
1/3 cup finely diced jalapenos
1 package of white chicken chili seasoning, or partial pack of onion soup mix

dice the chicken, saute with chili's and scallions and a little garlic if desired
add chicken broth,jalapenos and seasoning mix

can add some small noodles to make it go further

Ryan's recipe
I make a big batch when I do it, and here's how it goes
cook 1 whole chicken in the crockpot overnight with minced carlic
remove meat from bone and cut finely.
put 2 jars of randalls northern beans in large pot, on low heat.
add 1 1/2 jars salsa verde or green taco sauce
2 cans of roasted chili's
1/2 cup finely diced jalapenos
1/2 cup jalapeno juice
1 packet of white chicken chili seasoning, 1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp salt
1 box of ditalini noodles (cooked separately)
save broth from cooking chicken and add to chili (strain off fat from top)
add 1 1/2 boxes of broth (low sodium)

let sit on low heat a couple hours stirring occasionally
serve with sour cream/cheese and crushed up fritos (if desired)

will feed about 6-8 hungry fisherman

after eating cover with 3-4 beers and prepare for nap smile

enjoy!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds good Ryan.

Still waiting for my phone interview from the Work Connection. She said she would call this morning. I have to go clean my friends house, so she better call soon. By the way they acted yesterday I should have known they wouldn't be very prompt about the interview. VERY frustrating!!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Didja let em have it?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I should have. The main gal was not there yesterday, but I'm going to let her know about my experience. They are in the building that I clean so I will go in early one day and talk to Meg. I know that would not have happened if she was there.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
-33 this am with -42 windchill, we kept the kids home, car was dead, couldnt get her to fire after a half hour so wife and i caught a ride with the father in law.

My daughter actually had a fit that she couldnt go to school.

No idea what it is like out right now but gonna bunker down tonight with some movies with the kids and hang out.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey Muffy, just wondering bout your house again. check your emails. maybe take a looksy tomorrow if your around. I had -35 on the truck last night, a bit brisk out. warming up nicely here today though. School is on here too.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
C
C
When we were kids -40 and up hill both ways, to school we went.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
made a trip to grand forks today, wind blowing like crazy outa the south, I returned my underwater camera, I wasn't too impressed with it. it was a marcum 625 color screen and everything but it wouldn't work unless it was broad daylight out and even towards evening it got bad, night time was a joke. next I'll get is a vexilar or marcum flasher, but the cameras aren't worth it IMO. so I got an automatic powder trickler/measurer to tinker with this weekend while its cold. I'll load up everything I got laugh

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
Hey Muffy, just wondering bout your house again. check your emails. maybe take a looksy tomorrow if your around. I had -35 on the truck last night, a bit brisk out. warming up nicely here today though. School is on here too.

Sorry I have not got back to you yet, been busy. Are you going to be down in this area?

C
C

Sorry I have not got back to you yet, been busy. Are you going to be down in this area? [/quote]

Hi Muffy I'm Buschpilots little buddy I met you at Daves a couple of deer seasons ago. He and I are thinking about buying your house. My wife and I are going to Manhomen on Sataurday is it close to there? If so maybe we could look at it?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey Muffy, just checking in on the fish house. Hoping CoorsCaptain can come and check it out for us if possible. hoping maybe you could IM him. He's ok, not staklker. He's from EGF. Sorry, i maybe missed your email at work, Hoping Dave is doing well out fishing today TOO. Otherwise IM me here and i'll check it when i get back in from plowing, LATERS!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
Page 595 of 1,842 1 2 593 594 595 596 597 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,706
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.