Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 596 of 1,842 1 2 594 595 596 597 598 1841 1842
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Weather report. It was about 40 degrees this morning and got up to 70 this afternoon. Of course I am 15 miles north of Tucson Az. as I type this. The sad part is we start heading home to Eagan in the morning. The only good about that is it will take until the 30th to get there.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It will be in the 20's when you get here....ABOVE, which is nice.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I am hoping it is warmer by the time we get back. Would like to do a little cross country time up on the north shore. Then it is off to Tx. to visit friends and maybe wack a pig.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wow,pig hunting in Texas.I envy you,TJAY.You gotta come back and tell us all about it.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
10 of us heading for the lake this morning, we'll have 20 lines down! Wooo!

Laterz!

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave

I'm heading for the lake to help Dusty set his out house and to help another friend set his out house by mine... , going to be a blast!!

Laterz!

So cold out there Daves getting dyslexic laugh

Phil

�The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men.� �Samuel Adams

"All men having power ought to be distrusted to a certain degree." --James Madison
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Off to research some ice house plans, need to downsize the monstrosity.

Thinking i will cannabaslize it to rebuild down to a 6x8 on skids.

Just something for the kids and I to use.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
try to find insulated garagedoor panels, sometimes you can find them at lumber yards. they aren't too heavy, but rigid and keep you very warm inside. plus they are easy to cut down with a sawzall or skill saw with a reversed blade. I used them on my 6'6"x 12' and wow was that puppy warm! and it gives a smooth surface on the inside that can be painted, wiped down easily whatever.

I also ran a 2x2 around the inside of it at the first horizontal seam of the panels, it hid my wiring and I placed a 12v trailer light bulb on the underside above each hole, put light in the holes and not in your eyes.

I took the trailer light apart and just kept the piece the bulb slides in, stripped a tiny piece of each wire (I used really light stuff like for garagedoor opener "eyes") and screwed it to the wood pinching the bare wire against the bulb housing completing the circuit. use a small battery like for a flasher or underwater camera, lasts all day and is easy to transport home every time for recharging.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey folks, I am selling one of my snowmobiles. It is a 95 Polaris XLT SKS in GREAT condition. If you know of anyone in the market, let them know.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program....

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
this aint the classifieds section! laugh

PS: its C-C-C-COLD outside!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey ND, Tzone or any Minnesotian who can help answer my question.

ND you've been posting the temp and -46* is danged cold. I was wondering is there anything special you have to do to your vehicles. Park them inside heated garage remove battery or plug them in.

I know that cold is hard on batteries. Also what about the gas? I mean a full tank shouldn't freeze but the lines may, so do you have to add something?

Have never had to deal with that kinda cold and was curious how one copes.

Thanks in advance and STAY WARM.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
i have never heard of gas freezing unless there was water in the tank too. I park my vehicles in the heated garage, so no problems. Plugging them in helps immensely. Batteries in the cold better be charged or they will freeze and break.

Yeah, Ryan, but the people here are always the life of the party, so I thought what da heck. I gotta get rid of that since I already bought the replacement and Mrs Berettaman thinks that 1 of them has to go!

Tried calling some coyotes last nite. no luck. pretty darn dark, they would have been on top of us before we saw them. First time i have done it. I have a question for anyone in the know....where do you set up in relation to a woods or swamp? I set up about 50 yards from the edge on the downwind side. Problem was, on the downwind side there was no cover so we dug ourselves into the snow as best we could.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
well I don't do anything to my car, I don't have a block heater so I just pray every time I have to turn her over.

my buddy has to pull the batteries out of his dodge diesel or it won't start, and plug it in. he also needs to give it a shot of ether.

my neighbors girlfriends car won't start if its below zero at all (its a POS grand am)

in my experience its kinda dependent on the vehicle, some are warm blooded some are cold blooded. kinda the luck of the draw.

so far mine has started every time this winter, even at -24 and its a chevy impala

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Currently I park in a heated garage but that is totally new to me. Before that I didn't do much. My last 3 rigs were darn good in the cold. A 2000 F-150 w/block heater, a 2004 Tahoe w/no heater of any kind, and now my 2006 Tundra no plug of any kind. 2 winters outside, this winter in heated garage.

Newer vehicles are really, pretty good in the cold. Up by Dave, you should at least have a hose or block heater, it is easier on the equipment.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Neither of my cars have engine heaters. They're kept in a free standing garage and yet to fail to start. I do throw in a bottle of heat (Isopropyl) on occasion.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just talked to mom, dad called her and sounds like the fishing at LOW is pretty good.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Northern Az. report. 42.6 degrees at the Grand Canyon. I am in the camper at the Mather campground. The wife hooked up the mobile hot spot so I can report. I must say the Grand Canyon is quite a sight. I think I am really going to like this truck and camper. It is going down to 11 degrees tonight so I hope the heater works. Later...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
TJAY, what truck did you get?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I picked up my M70 .308 Win from Redneck today. Boy is it nice. Not a mark on the barrel or the wood and a heck of a trigger to boot. I'm really going to like this gun, I can tell already.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
[quote=Berettama
Tried calling some coyotes last nite. no luck. pretty darn dark, they would have been on top of us before we saw them. First time i have done it. I have a question for anyone in the know....where do you set up in relation to a woods or swamp? I set up about 50 yards from the edge on the downwind side. Problem was, on the downwind side there was no cover so we dug ourselves into the snow as best we could. [/quote] The best set up I have found in a situation like that is to dig into the snow about 100 yards from the cover you are calling into. If you have snow camo use it and if you dont you can use a white sheet and cut armholes into it and wear it like a poncho. Also if there are 2 people sit back to back so you can cover the entire area without much movement.

Page 596 of 1,842 1 2 594 595 596 597 598 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (achlupsa, 35, alwaysoutdoors, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 6 invisible), 1,542 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,314
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.