Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You mean you spent all the sweat and money for yourself and not for others to just come and steal? grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Loggah
Maybe he just made it up to irritate some here!! grin Don

Then he is even stupider than we thought. laugh

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Most of the towns around me have passed ordinances that prohibit hunting on private land without the owner's written permission.

[bleep] pathetic that towns even have to do that.

Anyone that knowingly trespasses/poaches on someone's private land should be shot. I have zero tolerance for such a$$holes.

There may be some justification out West, but in the East, everyone knows damn well who's land is what.

[Linked Image]

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Loggah
Maybe he just made it up to irritate some here!! grin Don

Then he is even stupider than we thought. laugh

lol

Hell, sometimes I post crap just to irritate some folks I take great pleasure in irritating but Good Lord,...

On the original thread, I kept waiting for 'ol Nemesis to backpedal but he seemed pretty firm in his belief that as long as he asked real nice and sweet, he was totally justified hunting on another man's land whether given permission or not.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Taking game Illegal is Poaching regardless of how you justified it. He is not only poaching but Trespassing also and if caught he can be charged with both. Land Owners have the right to refuse hunting or anything else on the property they worked and payed for. He pays the taxes and land belongs to him. Case Closed .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's hard not to poach sometimes. I caught a fox squirrel in a yote trap yesterday.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scorpion
I can't believe someone would be stupid enough to post that kind of garbage on a public forum. Wow.

Oh I can. I used to be real active on a forum that grew from moderately sized to huge. The bigger it got the more brazen the poachers got, despite the fact more than a few have gotten busted by wardens using what they posted as evidence to get an investigation started. It go so bad and I got so disallusioned when faced with the reality of the ethics of apparently way too large a percentage of hunters, it was one of the reasons I just started my own site with very few rules (7 to be exact) but this was #7 If you brag about or post photographic evidence of illegally taking fish or game, you will be immediately banned.
I have ZERO tolearance for poachers (and yes tresspassing to hunt IS poaching) and will do everything in my power to make sure they get their due.
The real irony in that post (and the same is true with most poachers) is that in THE SAME BREATH he complains about not being granted access .... as he admits to tresspassing. Why do most landowners not grant access? Because they ran across some disrespetful 'hunter' before that didn't obey their requests. Poachers are the NUMBER REAON we don't have more private land access around here and I suspect in most places.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
You mean you spent all the sweat and money for yourself and not for others to just come and steal? grin

A week before the dove season I post the property with signs that say:

DOVE HUNTERS WELCOME
PLEASE USE CAUTION AROUND AND NEAR IRRIGATION EQUIPMENT.

I have several incidents where people have shot up my feeder lines in spots that shut me down for days, until I was able to get all the holes repaired. Lunch trash and cans are left on my ditch banks, and mountains of empty shells get clogged in my cultivator tines.

I am always working in the fields when the sun rises on 09/01 and sometimes I am bucking bales onto a trailer to get them off the fields so I can irrigate. Dozens of hunters descend and have a good shoot.

The only one of these hunters, mostly regulars, to give me a six pack or offer to help buck bales is a Muslim Arab who owns a fur store in Reno and is well to do. He always asks permission, even with the signs posted, and he always stops at the house to thank me...offers part of his bag, too.

Nemesis is the kind of guy who becomes the "last straw" and results in land being posted.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Try owning some land that you got in a land swap thru a 3 way with the US Forest Service and a timber company so that the National Forest could consildate it's landholdings into larger chunks.

If I had a $1 for every person that thought they were entitled to hunt there because their grandfather hunted there and their dad I could buy the entire national forest.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
big difference ethically out west if yah get turned around and wind up hunting private ground that is in its natural state and hunting posted ground that you were told no on hunting it.......that said i have had bullets go over my head cause i got turned around and wound up on the wrong side of a fence line.....trespass on the wrong ground even on accident can get yah shot.....granted most here will drive up and ask yah what the hell your doing on their land instead of shooting first but as i found out on accident some do shoot first....problem is lots of public ground is fenced and sectioned off and there is private ground that aint fenced so it can get confusing out in the hills....

course the poster being discussed was hunting land he knew he wasnt supposed to so that takes all the accidental chit out of it....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
Game critters unless in a high fence situation like Hindsite's place are public property. Poaching on private property is not "stealing" from the land owner as he does not own or control the game animals, only the land they are on.
It's trespassing, isn't right or legal, nor do I condone or do it, but it is not theft of personal or private property as the "game" is property of the state which includes all of the people.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
poach 2 (pch)
v. poached, poach�ing, poach�es
v.intr.
1. To trespass on another's property in order to take fish or game.
2. To take fish or game in a forbidden area.
3. To become muddy or broken up from being trampled. Used of land.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rrroae
Just so my intentions are clear, I just plain don't like Nemesis and his vitrol on every other thread is getting tiring. So consider this post made out of spite.

Poacher?

You decide.

Originally Posted by nemesis
Most of the towns around me have passed ordinances that prohibit hunting on private land without the owner's written permission.

Since many of the landowners will simply not grant permission to hunt on their property for various reasons (i.e. they are anti-hunting, they have accident liability concerns, selfishness etc.), I have developed what I call the "Robin Hood Approach."

I just take my bow and hunt their property anyhow!

In some cases (if the property is big enough) I hang a relatively cheap tree stand that I'm willing to sacrifice if necessary, but most of the time (after I have identified a high deer traffic location), I simply sneak onto the property before daylight, set up a natural ground blind and ambush them if I can.

I only take high kill probability shots (25 yards or less) where I can be assured of a quick recovery and most of the time I remove the deer from the property before gutting it.

Since a first time offense for trespassing here is a verbal warning and a $100 fine thereafter, the financial risk associated with using the Robin Hood Approach is minimal.

BTW...........I never hunt a piece of property that the landowner hunts himself nor will I ever encroach on another hunter's stand location under any circumstances.

I only select properties that normally go unused for months at a time and where the landowner has absolutely no idea I'm even out there.

What's that expression again...."no harm, no foul"?

I thing it applies very well here.......but as always............. YMMV.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Property_line_hunting_etiqu#Post4594441
[/quote]

Nemesis is one of the very few people I have on ignore whom I don't even toggle occassionally. A vile person as far as I can tell, and finding out this "Robin Hood" (snork) is a self-admitted trespasser and poacher is pretty fun <g>.

I'm a landowner. I don't hunt my land for several reasons, but I certainly reserve the right to! And in that case, say to get my kid her first deer, or because I'm laid up or otherwise can't hunt "normally" for some reason.... I'd sure like it if some loser hadn't been poaching the deer off my deer reserve for the last 20 years! mad

Why is it that the most virulently holier-than-thou's ALWAYS turn out to be such self-serving cheaters? My aunt comes to mind...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
We own and manage timberland. Nothing is more frustrating than having people tear down gates, shoot up signs, and then tell you to f--- off on your own property. These may be hunters, whether they are after game, mushrooms, old gold mines, firewood, incense cedar boughs, or just a good place to tear up ground with their ATVs. They all seem to have the same attitude - all forest is open to the public. In Oregon, you can "post" your property by painting the top 6" of your fence posts red. Unfortunately, most people don't know and don't care about that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't say it wasn't "poaching" as it most assuredly is. Poachers should be dealt with severely too. That said, "wild critters are not private property" was my point.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
nemisis is a poacher! There is no other term for it. The landowner doesn't have to give permission or justify his reasons to anyone. Go in after being denied permission and all you are going to do is make an enemy of the landowner. And some of them still "think" they can shoot at trespassers to incourage them to leave.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by fish head
Kent,

I've been amazed by the property and water rights laws here in Colorado. It's very different from anywhere else I've lived. I came to the conclusion that everything here (laws) were based on mining way back when. It's a lot more restrictive than even California.

Yep, I've fished and hunted in Colorado since I was little... very different laws and my Dad made sure we followed them. It's your responsibility to know where the private land ends and the public begins.

Just my observation from inside Az looking out. We are 80% public land, being as our state was one of the last to be 'civilized' lol... because it took technology to tame the elements here, bring water, ect. During that time the public land conservation movement also blossomed, so there wasn't much private land out from the settled areas, not hard to find a spot on Public land to big game hunt here. Other states are much more privately owned, competition for hunting land can cause issues.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
I didn't say it wasn't "poaching" as it most assuredly is. Poachers should be dealt with severely too. That said, "wild critters are not private property" was my point.

I agree 100% that they are the public's. Still, providing habitat on private property benefits all hunters. One of the biggest mule deer I ever shot had wandered off private land onto public land.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by 700LH

I agree 100% that they are the publics. Still, providing habitat on private property benefits all hunters. One of the biggest mule deer I ever shot had wandered off private land onto public land.

No one has any business on your property without permission.
I understand completely, as I used to own acreage and had my share of uninvited guests.
Worst was guys unloading their bird dogs about 100 feet from the house then having a fit when I told them this was private property. The guy was making threating remarks and actually reached for his shotgun and his friend grabbed him. Not sure what would have happened if he had picked it up, as I was armed but he never knew it. Always been thankful that was the end of it.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The guy is a real POS!

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1lessdog, 204guy, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 2,216 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,096
Posts18,502,011
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.