-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is a little more to it than just shooting n someone else's bag limit in the blind.
According to what I read there were bag limits signed for by people that were not even present, plus some stuff that pertains to our Canadian/U.S, laws.
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
GB1

B
B
I just said I wasnt condoning what he did, and also, he hasnt even had it date it court, so nobody knows exactly what he has done, but up to date now, all I have heard is rumors about limits being filled by hunters in the same blind. I dont know what kind of 'fowl hunting you guys do, but if you are into any decent amount of birds, and there are four guys in your boat, and you have constant action with the dog jumping out of the boat and climbing back up onto the ramp bringing in the birds, it is very difficult to tell who shot which darn bird. I am not condoning breaking the law, we dont shoot before hours, we dont shoot above our limit, but if a warden came up to us and asked who shot which bird, it would be very difficult to tell him which. And I will be straight with you, if I knew I had shot my 6 already, but my buddy next to me drew feathers out of a bird and it kept flying, I sure as heck would be giving him some of my own steel, but that is just me, I would rather see a bird fold than coast 100 yrds to never be found or starve to death because it cannot fly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
+1000

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Bunny, I dont disagree on what you have said either, but if you read the reports that are out there this investigation has to do with shooting over the limit way over at times, the lacy act violations, to many shells in the gun, I have also heard wanten waste, and the list goes on.
The problem I have if you ever watch his videos is when a dead bird is falling to the ground how many times have we seen him shoot the bird 2 or 3 more times until it is blown apart.To me that would be like walking up to a deer lying on the ground dead and shooting it 5 more times whats the purpose that isnt the type of sportsman I am.
The guy was out of control with all the hype into waterfowling and has rubbed alot of the waterfowling hunters the wrong way.
I have seen first hand the sucess of the hunt being measured in limmiting out and not the fun sharing time with fellow hunters or your best friend ( dog of course ).

Last edited by claycrusher; 01/17/11.

[Linked Image]
B
B
I highly respect what you just said, and I in no way agree with everything this guy does, like exactly what you described, when he blows the crap out of a bird for the giggles of it. I guess I haven't done as much research as I should have, because I guess, all I had heard was his side, from his friends, and they claim it is only about blind mates shooting others bag limit, and I don't care what the darn book says, my morals outrule it every time, if I shoot my 6, and my buddy wounds a bird, I will shoot it every time. Am I a criminal because of that? So be it. But back to the subject, if he did indeed do worse stuff, he should be punished just like the rest of us would be, but from what I have read and heard myself is this is a witch hunt because he rubs the liberal bleeding heart crowd wrong. Just so happens his club is in a very liberal state, and this is the same crowd that thinks 30 round clips cause murders rather than the poor guy behind the trigger, and that believe the murder of innocent children that don't have a say is ok, but my buddy finishing off my wounded duck is a felony? Get real people, get fricken real,

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bunnyhunter
I highly respect what you just said, and I in no way agree with everything this guy does, like exactly what you described, when he blows the crap out of a bird for the giggles of it. I guess I haven't done as much research as I should have, because I guess, all I had heard was his side, from his friends, and they claim it is only about blind mates shooting others bag limit, and I don't care what the darn book says, my morals outrule it every time, if I shoot my 6, and my buddy wounds a bird, I will shoot it every time. Am I a criminal because of that? So be it. But back to the subject, if he did indeed do worse stuff, he should be punished just like the rest of us would be, but from what I have read and heard myself is this is a witch hunt because he rubs the liberal bleeding heart crowd wrong. Just so happens his club is in a very liberal state, and this is the same crowd that thinks 30 round clips cause murders rather than the poor guy behind the trigger, and that believe the murder of innocent children that don't have a say is ok, but my buddy finishing off my wounded duck is a felony? Get real people, get fricken real,

I could care less if a guy finishes someone else's bird, but I have a very large problem with the over limits being claimed by people not on the hunt, shooting geese in a park with a pellet gun and taking their bands then bragging about them on a call lanyard, and all the other crap.
I really don't think that a person being charged under the Lacey act was done so in a knee jerk reaction or simply by some one on a with hunt.
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hate these kind of shows anyway. Give me Benny Spies or Tread Barta anyday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFJrDyek7Qg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyTX_6yeBy8

Last edited by whitedogone; 01/18/11.

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I love Benny he is hilarious.

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Those who think Foiles's hunters were just filling each other's limits might read this:

http://www.nodakoutdoors.com/media/Indictment.pdf

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is a pretty disgusting indictment.

Park shooting geese...

When he is found guilty, He needs to be locked up and no one that hunts should tolerate that kind of behavior. I'm glad they caught him.

JM

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds pretty bad - seems that this happens to those engaged in hunting as a commercial enterprise all too often.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I would say if hes convicted on half that stuff he is fooked.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
clearly, this court action is not at all good for hunting. and all this for more money and fame.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
This is going to cost him big!!!

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
WOW

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hopefully Alberta will get a crack at him for his crimes here as well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
See I won't be hanging alone.

Not by a long shot.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Nice Tuna lhonda was that taken off Cape Cod? Fly Rod? I love fishing for them on the fly rod, I usually go up in Maine to fish them.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (BlackHunter, blackhawk44, brianmac, 01Foreman400, Big1bud, 11 invisible), 1,403 guests, and 755 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,873
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.