Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
got friends that use both the nettie pot and the squeeze bottle...
sinus doc put me on the squeeze bottle after some minor nasal surgery a couple of years ago...

various friends and acquaintances encourage me to use additives of either colloidal silver, or hydrogen peroxide to help fight sinus infections...

anybody got a clue about this stuff???

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife uses silver shield (trade name I think) for most everything with good results. We use the squeeze bottle periodically, but haven't done the two together.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Asked our doc about silver additives when there was some pretty nasty sinus issues going through our family.
He said saline rinses are the recommemded just because the ph issue with the sinuses.

He called it the "liquid snot flush" and advised not to use silver products due to the healing properties it has, said it could cause excess cartilage/tissue growth in the septum and sinus cavity if they are inflamed or even from excess amounts use.

He did say silver helps helps the inflamation quickly clear up once the infection is gone.

Basically he said in my terms: "Don't use it unless I tell you to use it and deem it necessary, until then it might hurt a little bit longer but it will go away..."

So I suffered

That's all I have for input

Paul

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Oh yeah.... big help in my case.

If you want something antimicrobial, xylitol is a good choice, about 1/4 tsp per rinse bottle. It's a tree sugar, so you can also use it on your cereal in the morning. You can buy all you'll ever use in a lifetime for around $5 at a health food store.

If your tap water is well chlorinated, use distilled.

Be not weary in well doing.
O
OSB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by johnw
got friends that use both the nettie pot and the squeeze bottle...
sinus doc put me on the squeeze bottle after some minor nasal surgery a couple of years ago...

various friends and acquaintances encourage me to use additives of either colloidal silver, or hydrogen peroxide to help fight sinus infections...

anybody got a clue about this stuff???

Wouldn't go near colloidal silver. Seen the pictures of guy that used it and he's a very pretty purple.

Just a teaspoon of salt added to an 8 ounce glass of warm water will serve you well.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For impacted sinuses have been known to use and old home remedy my mom taught me and that is to snuff warm salt water.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use the squeeze bottle with a saline solution. Just this week I picked up a nasal spray called "Sinus Buster" and that stuff is amazing! It's made from peppers so it burns for a minute but it will open you up!

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
A netty pot? with warm salt water, seems to help.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
put your drugs in one of these:

http://www.neti-pot.com/

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Personally don't use it. Probably should but I can't get past the similarities of a sinus rinse compared to waterboarding laugh

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
ENT doc put me on to a product called Alkalol after he worked on my deviated septum. It's basically a snot buster, seems to have some eucalyptus in it.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wife uses Sinucleanse - says it helps a LOT..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Neti pot is great. I use one frequently. Sometimes it's nice to use it just if you feel like you are starting to get a cold. Cleans things out and makes it less likely to turn into a sinus infection.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Add a quarter teaspoon of non-iodized salt and the same of baking soda to buffer the solution. Take Mucinex to thin out the mucus.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Second the mucinex thing too. I buy the special buffered saline packs that they sell 100 for $10 to use with the pot, makes it easy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use the squeeze bottle during allergy season. I haven't had a sinus infection since I started using it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Years back following sinus surgery the doc told me to make it a habit of sinus flushing and to do it regularly. Takes a little getting used to but alls you do is while in the shower, cup your hands, fill them with warm water and suck it in through the nose and blow back and forth, doing it several times. It'll loosen brick mortar and I've not had a 'head cold' in many, many yrs. Simple and effective, works especially well during the allergy seasons.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Neti pot.

I call it a snot pot, but it helps tremendously with head colds and allergies. I wear a dust mask when hauling hay, and then rinse with the snot pot.

Leave a little bit of saline in your nose and tip your head back to hydrate your sinuses and loosen the mucus. Then get to the box of tissues!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by huntsonora
I use the squeeze bottle with a saline solution. Just this week I picked up a nasal spray called "Sinus Buster" and that stuff is amazing! It's made from peppers so it burns for a minute but it will open you up!

LOL Picked some of that up on a friends recommendation,Did I read the label to see whats in it No, I just did a big spray up my nose like I do with the saline solution,Holy cow , about took the top of my head off!! It was worse than any wasabi blast I've ever experienced.

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I 've been using salt and little peroxide, will fiz if you have any bugs in there

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (163bc, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,568
Posts18,491,848
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.