Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
On one side I really don't care what someone else does to themselves, drug use is fine with me.

But damn if I don't want to kill someone when my window is broke out and I pay 500.00 bucks cause some junky stole my 50.00 radio and sold it for 10.00. Or my Bobcat or flatbed trailer, work tools, or all my house items... or my brother stealing 20,000 from the company to support a meth/gambling habit... the pain inflicted on the family/children.

Personal freedoms stop at my wallet.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
On one side I really don't care what someone else does to themselves, drug use is fine with me.

But damn if I don't want to kill someone when my window is broke out and I pay 500.00 bucks cause some junky stole my 50.00 radio and sold it for 10.00. Or my Bobcat or flatbed trailer, work tools, or all my house items... or my brother stealing 20,000 from the company to support a meth/gambling habit... the pain inflicted on the family/children.

Personal freedoms stop at my wallet.

Kent

i live in a meth hot zone, fully understand where your coming from.....my chit aint been taken yet but my brothers has.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'd have no problem with drug users, except that they breed at a rapid rate. I can't stomach the thought of kids growing up in that environment where momma is a crack whore. Then the cycle starts, and the kids make the same mistakes as momma, and they breed yet again..

At some point it's gotta stop, or it'll bring us all down.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I don't have an answer, yet legalizing something as evil as meth or heroin, speed, extacy ect won't change the crime or human issues... just the definitions.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yeah its hard to try and find an ideal solution cause making it illegal hasnt really helped.....hell heroin abuse is making a big comeback in the States after taking a hell of a nose dive for awhile......illegal doesnt work, for the nasty chit legal aint really a good idea either other than the argument about personal freedom so long as they harm no one else....

no reason pot shouldnt be legal for adults but meth and heroin? the grip they take on a person via physical dependancy is something else......

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ltppowell
You can win the battles but not the war. Physicians and "pain clinics" have pretty much taken over the trade.

Yep, I very seldom see meth any more, but Rx fraud, burglaries for Rx pills, pharmacy robberies, doctor shopping, etc., is rampant. Way more heroin users too, because they can't afford Oxy's.

Utah's a weird environment (yeah, there's a surprise!... crazy ), because a lot of people don't drink alcohol because of their religious views, but think if they're doctor prescribes something, it must be okay, and a if one pill is alright, a few must be better. We see lots of DUI's with Rx drugs, and I'm pretty sure we lead the nation in Rx overdose deaths.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Haven't read the whole thread, but I'm not for legalizing anything other than marijuana. I know people claim it's a "gateway drug", but I don't buy it. I also know in my 19.5 years as an LEO, I've yet to deal with a belligerent pot-head, but have dealt with too many drunks who wanted to fight to even begin to count.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if there was such a thing as a gateway drug it would be alcohol....just cause its legal doesnt mean its not a drug.....

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Calvin
I'd have no problem with drug users, except that they breed at a rapid rate. I can't stomach the thought of kids growing up in that environment where momma is a crack whore. Then the cycle starts, and the kids make the same mistakes as momma, and they breed yet again..

At some point it's gotta stop, or it'll bring us all down.

My solution to that is, once a person receives a welfare check, has a felony conviction or three misdemeanors (other than traffic), their asses should be sterilized or at least have a Norplant for a minimum of 5-years!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thats a big thing for me......im very pro pot, and dont care what an individual does to their body but when your doing the chit on my dime as a tax payer i should get a say.....if you need my money to help you get by you dont have extra money to get stoned.....im all for helping those that truly need a helping hand to get back on their feet but i hate leeches.....

Last edited by rattler; 01/26/11.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rattler
if there was such a thing as a gateway drug it would be alcohol....just cause its legal doesnt mean its not a drug.....

I agree 100%. I don't have the facts to back it up, but I'd wager alcohol has ruined more lives than all other drugs put together.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
thats a big thing for me......im very pro pot, and dont care what an individual does to their body but when your doing the chit on my dime as a tax payer i should get a say.....if you need my money to help you get by you dont have extra money to get stoned.....im all for helping those that truly need a helping hand to get back on their feet but i hate leeches.....

Yep, they shouldn't be knocking out kids just to get more benefits/handouts. I'm all for helping out someone who's down and out on their luck, but have no sympathy for those who make living off welfare their lifestyle.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We just ain't got the money for it anymore, drugs aside. Somebody don't wanta work...fine, but they shouldn't get subsidized by my money-that's charity and if the government is doin' it without my consent nay even despite my protests, its tyranny. Wonder how much more folks would give to legit charities if the government didn't extort so much.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Yep, they shouldn't be knocking out kids just to get more benefits/handouts. I'm all for helping out someone who's down and out on their luck, but have no sympathy for those who make living off welfare their lifestyle.
Even if a person ignores the fact that many of them are on welfare willingly and goes from the point of view that they need assistance, we just ain't got the money when the debt is about to crush us.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I think Senator Orrin Hatch had a great idea in the bill he sponsored that would have required drug testing for welfare recipients, but knew it wouldn't go anywhere with the dims in control.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
We are getting to a point where we are kinda stuck.. whole groups of people basically have a learned helplessness thanks to welfare. Not to mention they have no concept of "family", which will ensure their kids will grow up to be just like them.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Calvin, I see it daily. I've been in the business long enough now that I'm starting to deal with grandkids of the dirt-bags I was dealing with when I first started.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The war on drugs wasn't meant to be won. It was meant to empower government and drain the economy. What people choose to put in their bodies is their own business, and they should be free from legal liability until they actually harm or overtly endanger others. The only function the war on drugs serves is to support a gigantic illegal drug industry, and keep the dirty money flowing into the coffers of the CIA, crooked cops, and corrupt public officials, and to constantly expand, militarize, and centralize, police powers while contracting personal liberty.
Interesting view point and I don't think it's stupid, you may be right but hard to prove.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I think Senator Orrin Hatch had a great idea in the bill he sponsored that would have required drug testing for welfare recipients, but knew it wouldn't go anywhere with the dims in control.

Then you would have to test all government employees also because they are also on Welfare, but they call it a Salary.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Um, okay, I have no problem with that.

Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (257_X_50, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 25classic, 1beaver_shooter, 270cowboy, 68 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,405
Posts18,506,968
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.