Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Liberals are pretty much against the war on drugs, it�s mostly the conservatives who keep it alive. But on this VERY conservative forum, after 10 pages, I see almost no support for the war on drugs, almost unanimous that it�s either a lost cause, or morally corrupt in concept. So it would appear to me that BOTH sides no longer support the war on drugs. So my question is; why are we still funding this war?

I�ll tell you why. Because the WOD gives billions to law enforcement, and the minute we decide to no longer fight the WOD, over 50% of US law enforcement funding goes right out the window. Pretty much every LE agency in America will have massive layoff�s. That�s massive layoff�s of armed individuals whom are used to being in authority. But by doing so, we clear up a moral wrong (to some) and we SAVE billions and billions of dollars.

So, at what point do we get organized and start telling our lawmakers that we no longer support the WOD, and we won�t support a lawmaker that doesn�t honor our wishes?
It was never about popular demand. Originally, the WOD was justified by the widely propagated notion that black men would get high on pot and chase white women. This was, however, mere propaganda put out by folks who wanted to replace the corruption by which they profited during prohibition, which profit they lost after its repeal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nancy, it's time you stopped using whatever it is you use....save a couple of the gray cells you have left.

It's not like you started with many.

All American

All the time
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by rattler
yeah its hard to try and find an ideal solution cause making it illegal hasnt really helped.....hell heroin abuse is making a big comeback in the States after taking a hell of a nose dive for awhile......illegal doesnt work, for the nasty chit legal aint really a good idea either other than the argument about personal freedom so long as they harm no one else....

no reason pot shouldnt be legal for adults but meth and heroin? the grip they take on a person via physical dependancy is something else......
If an adult wants to destroy his own life who has legitimate authority to veto that decision? What if an adult decided he was going to eat to the point of being bed bound? Shouldn't there also be a law against that by your reasoning? After all, the result of doing that would be extremely bad for him. What if a restaurateur knew full well what his plan was, and was happy to provide him with all the food he wanted to eat in the process? Should the restaurateur be arrested too?

curious what you think of those cooking the chit and harming their next door neighbor.......

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
yeah its hard to try and find an ideal solution cause making it illegal hasnt really helped.....hell heroin abuse is making a big comeback in the States after taking a hell of a nose dive for awhile......illegal doesnt work, for the nasty chit legal aint really a good idea either other than the argument about personal freedom so long as they harm no one else....

no reason pot shouldnt be legal for adults but meth and heroin? the grip they take on a person via physical dependancy is something else......
If an adult wants to destroy his own life who has legitimate authority to veto that decision? What if an adult decided he was going to eat to the point of being bed bound? Shouldn't there also be a law against that by your reasoning? After all, the result of doing that would be extremely bad for him. What if a restaurateur knew full well what his plan was, and was happy to provide him with all the food he wanted to eat in the process? Should the restaurateur be arrested too?

curious what you think of those cooking the chit and harming their next door neighbor.......
Same as I would if my neighbor were making homemade nitroglycerin, or operating a private, outdoor, big cat zoo. It's inherently dangerous, so strict liability applies regardless of his level of care.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by milespatton
She was stoned on otherwise legal prescription drugs.

If a Doctor was prescribing that many to her, without restrictions, he should be in jail. If she took them not according to the prescription, it is still on her. miles
And that makes a difference to the kid (that is still minute to minute) how?
The POINT is certain drugs cause behaviors that are dangerous to society. Heck we instituionalize people that are a danger to society when they do NO take drugs. Why legalize substances that initiate the same dangerous societal behaviors? Point blank, making access easier would lessen or increase 'accidents' like I described above? They are not a 'victimless' crime. If people did drugs in their bedroom and never left the house unless stone sober, I agree, who cares. Legalize all of it. Unfortunately many causes irrational behavior that endangers the life and security of others.
There is no evidence to support that legalization 'works'. Is the WOD affective in it's present exectution? No. Do we quit? If we quit every war that didn't give us the desired results immediately, I suppose we'd all be waiting for tea time.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Same as I would if my neighbor were making homemade nitroglycerin, or operating a private, outdoor, big cat zoo. It's inherently dangerous, so strict liability applies regardless of his level of care.

easier to say when you aint the one that realizes just what that weird smell is you have been breathing in for weeks cause the guy next door is cooking.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too many people think that it is no big deal. A lot of the people working during the day to eliminate drugs go home at night and do them to unwind. That means that at best they are halfheartedly doing their jobs. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

easier to say when you aint the one that realizes just what that weird smell is you have been breathing in for weeks cause the guy next door is cooking.....
The only reason there exist such home based meth labs is that other, more preferred, drugs are too expensive, and this due to their being illegal. No importation expense with meth, so even in the environment of drug prohibition it can be provided to the consumer at super competitive rates. End drug prohibition, and 1) meth will lose it's appeal as superior products become affordable, and 2) there will be no need for home based meth labs, since they can afford to operate out in the open like any other business.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
meth in one for or another has been a popular drug for most of 100 years.....and there will always be home based meth labs just like there are home brewers and ppl that grow their own pot even though they can buy it from dispensaries....always gonna be someone that thinks its cool to mix up their own or think they can make a better product than is being sold.......

im pro legalization for most thing but atleast i dont bury my head in the sand and do realize what the implications really are...

Last edited by rattler; 01/27/11.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
with pot if yah grow your own its no more harmful to the environment than any other crop....

with heroin i can grow opium poppies in my front yard, cook up heroin in my kitchen and harm no one, same with cocaine....

cooking meth not only [bleep] up your place it can very well [bleep] up your neighbors.....

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
with pot if yah grow your own its no more harmful to the environment than any other crop....

with heroin i can grow opium poppies in my front yard, cook up heroin in my kitchen and harm no one, same with cocaine....

cooking meth not only [bleep] up your place it can very well [bleep] up your neighbors.....

If someone causes harm to you or your property by engaging in inherently dangerous activities in your proximity, he deserves a very stiff legal penalty, not to mention strict civil liability, i.e., without consideration for level of care exercised. Like I said before, this is a different category of discussion from drug legalization. It belongs in the same category with someone manufacturing TNT in their basement, or operating a private outdoor big cat zoo in their yard.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What if a black guy has a mobile lab in his pick-up and just about runs someone over from two blocks away? How would you handle that?...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch
War on drugs has simply allowed a fair portion of law enforcement to become unaccountable to the public. Need more money -- bust a dealer, keep the cash, car, house, whatever. Laughable levels of scrutiny, supervision or accountability. Due process? Just play the "drug dealer" card.

It always surprises me that "conservatives" seem to welcome this level of government ham-fistedness. JMO, Dutch.

So would you rather have the cost of combating drugs paid by the citizens in higher property taxes or the druggies? Legal seizures of funds and property obtained via drug sales goes to fund continued anti-drug LE enforcement. In my jurisdiction a drug fund paid for by seizures and payments by guilty drug users pays for salaries and equipment of drug investigators, i haven't taken a cent of taxpayer money since it was started. All funded by the convicted druggies.

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
An utter failure.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
What if a black guy has a mobile lab in his pick-up and just about runs someone over from two blocks away? How would you handle that?...

BTW, homie isn't into Meth. he won't have a mobile lab or any lab, to include black, chocolate or yellow.

FYI, Meth. usage/production is up in the SE, this due to new processing procedures that require less Ephedrin and other chemicals and glassware etc. It can be made in a 2ltr. plastic soda bottle.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If people are stupid enough to take drugs then let them have them . The War on Drugs is there for only one reason because the Government wants you to buy their drugs and they don't like the competition.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bea175
If people are stupid enough to take drugs then let them have them .
+1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH
A war is fought to win or it really IMHO isn't truly a war.
"The war on drugs" does not fit that description.

We see on the tube 14 cops making a tewnny dolla crack bust on a street corner, then watch a reporter ride a elephant across the border while a mariachi band plays and no enforcement show up.
Something is not right with a picture like that.

If you've been watching shows like Cops, for your info. you've been taken. It's a big put on to get folks to watch.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
You can win the battles but not the war. Physicians and "pain clinics" have pretty much taken over the trade.

So very true. We're pinching more Doc's with prescription pain pill violations.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
meth in one for or another has been a popular drug for most of 100 years.....and there will always be home based meth labs just like there are home brewers and ppl that grow their own pot even though they can buy it from dispensaries....always gonna be someone that thinks its cool to mix up their own or think they can make a better product than is being sold.......

im pro legalization for most thing but atleast i dont bury my head in the sand and do realize what the implications really are...
I suppose there is still the occasional oddball who makes spirits and wine in his bathtub too, but the number of those folks dropped off dramatically with the repeal of Prohibition.

Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (1941USMC, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 58 invisible), 2,233 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,380
Posts18,506,679
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.