Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Meth addicts and coke pushers are suddenly peaceful where pot is legal?

My point was that drug violence is due to the drugs in question - being illegal.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Rattler, show me a teenage whore working for Dr. Pepper. Show me a violent turf war between McDonald's and BK.

Bottom line, it happens with drugs and not junk food.

How many deaths can you attribute to marijuana in a year in the USA?

How many death are due to obesity?

Now tell me - which one is more dangerous?

How many people OD each year on burgers and ice cream?

How many people OD each year on meth/coke/heroin (yeah, I'll leave weed out)?

Now tell me-which one is more dangerous?

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Meth addicts and coke pushers are suddenly peaceful where pot is legal?

My point was that drug violence is due to the drugs in question - being illegal.

Drug violence is due to drugs. Will legalizing it make some of it go away? Maybe you'll do away with some of the dealer-on-dealer/gang-on-gang type schit. You'll still have Daddy Methhead tunin' the schit out of Momma. Those numbers will be going up.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the point is them being illegal hasnt stopped chit, infact use is growing.....time tor try a different solution, if that dont work try something else.....heroin being illegal isnt stopping heroin use from growing......stupid to keep throwing money at a solution that doesnt solve a [bleep] thing......

Last edited by rattler; 01/28/11.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Use drugs, get a bullet in the ear. The might not deter folks either but will stop those caught from being repeat offenders.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by NH K9
Rattler, show me a teenage whore working for Dr. Pepper. Show me a violent turf war between McDonald's and BK.

Bottom line, it happens with drugs and not junk food.

How many deaths can you attribute to marijuana in a year in the USA?

How many death are due to obesity?

Now tell me - which one is more dangerous?

How many people OD each year on burgers and ice cream?

How many people OD each year on meth/coke/heroin (yeah, I'll leave weed out)?

Now tell me-which one is more dangerous?

George

I'll play.

How many people are killed by drugs every year?
How many people are killed by obesity?
The fact that some drugs kill quickly - while obesity kills slowly - is about the only real difference.

If you want a war - perhaps a war on obesity would save more lives.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I don't care if someone wants to kill themselves, slow or fast. I've not known of someone tweeked out for a burger slaying someone. That you miss the point surprises me none dumbshitt.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
I believe it was Einstein who said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

I agree that it's time for something to change. I'll buy into the arguments that people (myself included) are sick of paying for dope heads to be arrested, go through trial, and then jail. Personally, I don't want to pay for the medical services they need either.

If drugs are going to be legalized, so be it. Ambulances and ERs shouldn't be dealing with the ODs if that's the case. Personal responsibility and all that...

George

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
If you want a war - perhaps a war on obesity would save more lives.

I don't care about the "war" on drugs. If they're legalized I can focus on other issues that concern the citizens that pay me. The difference is, I have no problem walking over a tweeker ODing in his trailer. When society can let natural selection take its course I'll be happy.

George

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm done arguing with a bunch of potheads about greasy food.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I don't care if someone wants to kill themselves, slow or fast. I've not known of someone tweeked out for a burger slaying someone. That you miss the point surprises me none dumbshitt.

How many of your local elementary school kids are in danger from being killed by a druggie?

How many are in danger of dying early - due to how they eat?

I can't believe you miss the point.

The REAL point was - if harsh laws actually deter people from doing what they want to do - then the banning of junk-food - and the execution of people who sell such stuff to kids - will eliminate obesity.

If doing that won't work on obesity - you have your answer - to why it won't work for drugs either...

Because you now might - finally - have managed to figure out my real point - I'll take you calling me a "dumbshitt" as a term of endearment. grin

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same arguments, launched by the same idiots, same results, same moronic positions, same.......

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
How many of your local elementary school kids are in danger from being killed by a druggie?

How many are in danger of dying early - due to how they eat?

I can't believe you miss the point.

I can't believe that you're actually trying to compare what someone does to themselves vs. what happens to others as a result of what someone does to themselves.

Let me be a little more clear:

I don't give a schit what someone puts into their own system or does in their own home.

I start to "care" when that private act starts impacting others. Where the rubber meets the road, that's the real problem.

George

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Agree 100%

Legalize it all - treat addicts as sick people instead of arresting them as criminals.

People are going to do - what they are going to do. Law - or no law.

It's the illegality of the drugs that makes them expensive and it's what makes the selling of them profitable for criminals - the drug trade itself - might well cause more damage to society - than the actual drugs themselves.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Legalize it all - treat addicts as sick people instead of arresting them as criminals.

And that's where we diverge. Treating addicts as sick people is now making it "my" problem. If they want to take the drugs, they can deal with it. If a dope head has insurance and needs medical treatement, so be it. If he doesn't and gets a bad fix, oh well...

George

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Why treat? Let die. If they don't care I sure as hell don't.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
treat addicts as sick people instead of arresting them as criminals.

Funny, that's how a lot of junkies already justify their behavior; claiming it's a sickness, rather than a choice, and I call bullshitt!..

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Why treat any health problems related to obesity? Why not just let all the fat people die? Take one glance when they come to the hospital - if they are overweight - don't treat them. They made their bed - let them sleep in it.

No one held a gun to their heads and made those people do that to themselves either.

Oh - I forgot - obesity is a "sickness" - not a choice.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

Why treat any health problems related to obesity? Why not let them die?

No one held a gun to their heads and made people do that to themselves.

Okay with me but I'm not sure society as a whole is ready for it.

George

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Okay by me as well.

Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,230 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,378
Posts18,506,636
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.