B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Worrying about what people put in their bodies ain't keeping me up nights.

People who can't moderate their use of hard drugs have a very limited length of time to practice their lifestyle.

Pot smokers are as harmless as people get.

The war on drugs is just another leftist "do gooder" initiative that's intended to create the perfect society.

There ain't gonna be no perfect society that's inhabited by humans,...get used to that reality.

Enacting laws which make the attempt to achieve such an idea just makes enemies of those who are tasked with enforcing those laws.

Government needs to get the hell out of people's personal business.

That's it,..that's all.
+1

You are wrong about one thing. It's not the "leftist" countries of the world - that have the "war on drugs".

In case you missed it - that war is happening in a right-wing country. It's that same right-wing country that has more people in prison for drug offences - than all the "leftist" countries of the world combined..

No,...you're wrong.

They're leftists.

They might fly the conservative banner,...but when they start digging into people's personal business, they establish themselves as leftists,...regardless of what their T-shirts say.

Conservatives don't fug with people's personal liberties.

Unless it concerns drug use, homosexuality, abortion, religion, conscription etc. - correct? On those issues - conservatives ALWAYS seem to always want to regulate other people.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by siskiyous6
A conservative here, the war on drugs is evil, far more evil than drugs.

X2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No,...you're wrong.

They're leftists.

They might fly the conservative banner,...but when they start digging into people's personal business, they establish themselves as leftists,...regardless of what their T-shirts say.

Conservatives don't fug with people's personal liberties. [/quote]

I don't disagree with your definitions but just wondering if there are any conservative countries anywhere according to that definition?

Last edited by n007; 01/28/11.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Unless it concerns drug use, homosexuality, abortion, religion, conscription etc. - correct? On those issues - conservatives ALWAYS seem to always want to regulate other people.

Again,...they're not conservatives.

The term has a very defined meaning.

Those who make the attempt to establish themselves as conservatives while dictating acceptable modes of behavior for the general populace are leftist tyrants and their ignorant ass syncophants.

,...and there's lots of them out there.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Those who make the attempt to establish themselves as conservatives while dictating acceptable modes of behavior for the general populace are leftist tyrants and their ignorant ass syncophants.

Then - according to your own explanation of things - guys like Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Glen Beck, George Bush, Pat Buchanon and gals like Sarah Palin - are "leftists"?

You are straining credulity now...

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
leftism - a radical or liberal position or doctrine, especially in politics. � leftist (liberalism) 1. a political or social philosophy advocating the f reedom of the individual, parliamentary legislatures, governmental assurances of civil liberties and individual rights, and nonviolent modification of institutions to permit continued individual and social progress.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Then - according to your own explanation of things - guys like Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Glen Beck, George Bush, Pat Buchanon and gals like Sarah Palin - are "leftists"?

Of course they are.

Do they strike you as small government kinda people?

There's only a handful of conservatives in America,..and they fly the libertarian banner.

The rest of the talking heads are hard core, imperialist leftists.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Buchanan might get a pass,...

He's starting to come around.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
The thing I hate about our current system is, they're locking up drug dealers/users, while letting child molesters, etc. walk the streets. Don't know the whole solution, but my dad always said it's cheaper to build cemeteries than it is to build prisons, and I tend to agree.

Most folks with simple possession amount of MJ aren't arrested. It's a citable offense in this state, as in many others. Pay a fine and have a nice day. The drug folks that are getting locked up are those who are manufacturing or possessing felony weight of drugs. In the vast majority of states child molesters are hunted hard. They're investigated and prosecuted. It puts LE in a bad legal position, if action isn't taken in these types of situations.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by rattler
the major flaw with this thinking for drug users is most lose their taste for it as soon as its their brother or daughter or grandson.....so long as its someone elses problem they are all for it not so much when they are the ones dealing with it.....

My experience is, that way of thinking goes beyond drug dealers/users. Don't know how many times I've had mom, dad, husband, wife, brother, sister call wanting dipchitt arrested but when you go to their residence, they wanna fight you for taking them into custody. Like I said, I'm far from having all the answers,.

thats not exactly what i meant but i understand what you are saying and dont disagree....

what i was getting at was to those saying just put a bullet in the head of the junkies.....most think its a great solution if no one in your family is one.....

were my brother to rape gal i would give the chick a bat and help hold my brother down till she is satisfied....were he to rob someone i wouldnt stand in the way of him getting locked up.....but him just liking to get stoned on heroin and does nothing eles to hurt anyone, doesnt steal to support his habit, doesnt get behind the wheel and kill someone? no way i could shoot the [bleep], hell cant even figure on putting him in jail over it.....

i hate meth and i hate tweekers but so long as they aint stealing chit or killing anyone i couldnt put a bullet in their head.....if i aint willing to do it to my flesh and blood for a similar situation i wouldnt do it to a stranger....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ltppowell
You can win the battles but not the war. Physicians and "pain clinics" have pretty much taken over the trade.

Lots of that.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You are wrong about one thing. It's not the "leftist" countries of the world - that have the "war on drugs".

In case you missed it - that war is happening in a right-wing country. It's that same right-wing country that has more people in prison for drug offences - than all the "leftist" countries of the world combined...

Every time Canada comes close to legalizing marijuana - we get the threat of trade sanctions - from you know who.
The definition of leftism is that philosophy of government which prefers central control, monolithic law, and collective solutions. Those fighting for stricter, centrally determined, drug laws are leftists, not rightists. Rightism is a philosophy of government which prefers local and diverse solutions, preferring privately arranged solutions to publicly arranged ones, but if it must be public, it ought to be local, and diverse from one locality to the next. Rightism opposes central/collective/monolithic solutions handled through government and prefers most things be handled privately and/or locally.

The idea that Stalinism is leftist and Hitlerianism is rightist was a concoction of leftist intellectuals in anticipation of a universal condemnation of leftism that would have otherwise followed WWII. Since the left controlled higher education, they succeeded in obfuscating what had once been a very simple concept to understand. They did it through the fantastical and nonsensical model of the circular left/right political continuum, according to which Hitler's form of a centrally controlled, police state, society was of the right while Stalin's was of the left, a concept that only makes sense (left vs right wing politics, that is) when considered lineally, but which if considered lineally places both Hitler and Stalin on the same side of the scale, i.e., both on the far left. The opposite of a leftist like a Hitler, in other words, would more nearly be someone like a Patrick Henry (a far right winger), not a Joe Stalin who properly belongs at about the same position on the left/right scale as Hitler.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
[Linked Image]

Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1minute, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,410
Posts18,507,078
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.