Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Don't know about you but to me for the quality and performance CZ has been getting my dollars when it comes to .22 rifles.

10 probably years ago I started out with their standard model but just didn't like the stock design when it came to shooting the gun with a scope so I sold it to a friend. Then came a Scout...and it became Sniper Scout...

[Linked Image]

10 power Weaver K10 with Cabela's leather lace on cheekpiece..

[Linked Image]

This was 100 yards with Federal Bulk...the one on the right is not part of the group as it was being dialed in...

[Linked Image]

Next was a 17" threaded American...can't say enough good about the balance of this little rifle.. It wears a 4.5-14 Leupold...

[Linked Image]

5 rounds of Remington bulk at 50 yards...

[Linked Image]

Then came the 453 Varmint...could not help myself... This group was shot with my friend's 452 Varmnint at 50 yards using Wolf Match and a 36 power scope...

[Linked Image]

This one is set up with a Shepherd 3.5-10x40mm ranging scope...

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/RJM52/22%20rifles/GB012811003.jpg[/img]

And finally the "El Grande"....28" barrel and with sub-sonics it is quieter than an airgun....

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/RJM52/22%20rifles/GB012811007.jpg[/img]

..anyone else agree???

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just purchased a new CZ Varmint Thumbhole myself,and I am waiting for it to arrive.CZ definitely offers great quality for the price,but then again,I have no plans to sell my Coopers either.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I just put a scope om my brand new CZ452 American. Tweaked the trigger and so far I'm really liking it.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
So far, I like my 455 a lot. I haven't shot it enough to really get a handle on it, yet, though.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Nice shooting!

I just picked up a Scout(pink) from Bud's to add to the collection. I just started striping the "pink" off but for the price I cannot complain($221 delivered). I did add something extra to my American 16" though. grin

Click for the BIG pic
[Linked Image]

Nice thing is you can hear the firing pin hit the case.

cool

Last edited by HotRod9mm; 01/30/11.
IC B2

R
RJM Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
...don't get me started... I am looking at a Tactical Solutions Titanium .22 suppressor now.... It is as small as their aluminum can but will also take .22 Magnum....

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
It's damn hard to beat a CZ for the money, I don't know if you can...............Hillbilly.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Most bang for the buck? Absolutely!

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
It's damn hard to beat a CZ for the money, I don't know if you can...............Hillbilly.

Maybe for your money ... for my money, I will choose Ruger. I think the CZ is a decent rifle. But IMHO the trigger guard looks cobbled together in a HS metal shop. I know its cosmetic ... but again, its my buck. And as much as possible I like to keep them in the US.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by avagadro
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly

Maybe for your money ... for my money, I will choose Ruger. I think the CZ is a decent rifle. But IMHO the trigger guard looks cobbled together in a HS metal shop. I know its cosmetic ... but again, its my buck. And as much as possible I like to keep them in the US.

About the only thing you got right is that the Ruger is made in the US. Whoopeee.. so is a Dodge Pickup. Neither are worth what they cost new- whether made in the US or not.

From the looks of your comments, I doubt you even ever shot a CZ 452.

About those bent steel trigger guards... By your standards, then a Winchester m52. m75, Anschutz m64 sporter, etc are not as good of a gun as the Ruger? They all have virtually the same trigger guards as the CZs and they all will smoke a new Ruger m77/22 in terms of quality and accuracy.

All things being equal- NIB guns- the Ruger is 50% more than the CZ- about $550 for a new Ruger VS $350 + for a new CZ in 22 LR. And, I guarantee you, you shoot 10 new CZs against 10 new Rugers straight out of the box, and the group averages for the CZ will be smaller than the Ruger. Probably 2/3 the size.

The CZs are FAR more than a "decent" rimfire rifle. For the $$ spent they are simply a better rimfire rifle than a Ruger m77.

Last edited by jim62; 02/02/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love it ... I always can find some panties that get bunched with trigger guard comment.

Read my words Mr. Rocket Scientist ... I said I don't like the CZ trigger guards ... I don't care if you do. It is my opinion .. why do you feel the need to invalidate my opinion with a personal rant against me and my truck??

Don't recall speaking of German Mousers, Anschutz, or Winchesters ... is it really so hard to keep your mind on the topic at hand.

In regards to cost ... Coopers are 5-6x the cost of a CZ ... but many feel they are the best bang for THEIR buck. Thank-you for the price updates ... after-all, I'm sure you are the only one who may keep up on rf prices.

There is more to a rimfire rifle OR any hunting rifle than group size ... maybe not to you, but there is to me. So the 10 vs. 10 argument must be something to help you sleep at night.

No I haven't shot a single CZ. Probably handled 2-3 dozen and almost bought three or four of them ... I couldn't get past the trigger guard, just like something about Dodge Trucks you cannot get past.

BTW, other than normal maintenance I have yet to put an extra dime (knock on wood) in to my MegaCab. Its a 2006 with nearly 88,000 miles. Good Lord willing she'll keep on chuggin'.

"For the $$ spent they are simply a better rimfire rifle than a Ruger m77."

Again, this is not fact ... it is your's and many other folks opinions.

So jim62 ... please tell me, why the need to so rabidly defend a choice of rifle that is different from my choice of rifle??

The OP asked IF anyone else agreed with his assessment. I did not, and for this you feel the need pi$$ on my opinion. Cannot imagine if I would have said bad things about the 17HMR .... I probably would have been flogged!

Enjoy your CZ's ... I'll enjoy my Rugers ...

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
No panties here.

But since you are so into looks, you probably wear them. wink

Also, not ONE "personal attack" in my post above, Francis..

If you take comments about guns or trucks you may own as a "personal" attack, then you have WAY too much of your self worth tied up in those material goods. Grow up.

My mention of the Win 52 ,Anschutz m64s etc IS pertinent to your silly comment about a bent steel trigger guard being some big deal in terms of overall rifle quality.

Of course, you know that, but you'd rather pretend you are on Oprah and play the "victim" when a fact based counter point to your drivel about CZs is exposed.

It figures you are a Cooper snob. To most of them- looks matter more than accuracy or value. At least $1,000 more wink .
And they are also arrogant enough to criticize guns like CZs without ever owning one.

Last edited by jim62; 02/02/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I think we have some members getting cabin fever.... Geez. If you don't own/haven't owned one you don't speak from experience. You're just wanting to impress yourself. Please refrain.

As for the CZs, I've been toting a 452ZKM 22WMR around for about 15 years. It is an excellent rifle. I'm not crazy about the safety but it works. The rifle is exceptionally accurate and the trigger is super. Couldn't ask for more.

bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
No matter how ugly a man's wife, truck, or gun, one shouldn't point it out to him. He knows how it looks, and performs, better than anyone.

smile

Bruce

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I never said Ruger was a better gun than a CZ ... I DID say that they are a better bang for MY buck. Why can that not be good enough for folks here? Didn't comment on CZ's quality ... I don't like the trigger guard so only in your mind is that analogy holding water. For Pete's sake ... like a kid saying "he did it why can't I???"

Recall a few years ago some CZ owners took it on themselves and had new bottom metal and trigger guards made for their CZ's ... don't recall the cost or who initiated the project, but do recall the outcome looking real nice. I wonder what was the Genesis of project?

& no Coopers in my collection ... read these threads and many here love their Coopers and claim they are worth every nickel. Rimfires consist Marlins and Rugers with one Weatherby Mk XXII.

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I might be different but I really like the CZ trigger guard, I have read this complaint several times but I don't think it looks cheap at all, It does look like the Anschutz 1416 trigger guard which I also like, The only knit-pic I have with the CZ is the backwards safety which I did get used to but never warmed up to on the last 452 I owned.............Hillbilly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think I'd have issue with the backwards safety. My first 22 was a Marlin 25 so to the best of my knowledge for a long time as a kid I assumed "back was fire".

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
bcp Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
My lever actions and single shots are also "pull back to fire." The CZ safety doesn't bother me any.

Bruce

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hey if we all liked the same guns, Ruger and Savage would be out of business and gun forums would be dull. I am glad their is a difference of opinion. I just showed my hand. wink

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by trouthunterdj
Hey if we all liked the same guns, Ruger and Savage would be out of business and gun forums would be dull. I am glad their is a difference of opinion. I just showed my hand. wink

ddj

wink grin

To all gunmaker critics-
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

491 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 21, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,017
Posts18,500,379
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.