Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#4897022 02/03/11
McCake Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Comments, opinions, ideas, general info, yada...

PM's or Post 'em.

THANKS

caint make cake outta [bleep]
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It is THE destination for an excellent plains game hunt...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
buff? or Zim for that.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Excellent destination for affordable PG hunt.

Especially in the Northeastern area as several PH's utilize actual San-wa Bushman trackers.

DG hunting available in the Caprivi.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree with Ingwe. The Place for Plains game. Great Oryx, Kudu, Springbok, Mountain Zebra, Hartebeest etc. For Buffalo or lion or Elephant probably not. There are some great places in the Caprivi but really expensive. I'd go elsewhere for those. Good Leopard hunting but not great but you should have an opportunity at a cat.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Namibia! Lot of great hunting and touring options there. Fairly safe, stable, good infrastructure, friendly people. Lots of different outfitters there with a wide range of pricing options for plains game.

Decent prices on PAC lion or elephant if you are there when the permit is issued, or are quite flexible on your travel dates.

Jim

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Want to go there BAD!!

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Make a plan, stick to it.... and you'll make it happen.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Me two...maybe a good place for a CF get together... wink

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
An absolutely SAFE African country!!! Windhoek is the cleanest city on the Continent!!! Very stable and a good value for Plains game. Direct flights from Frankfurt on Air Namibia. Etosha National Park is a great observation side trip.... PM me if you want details on our PH and Trip. Paul

I take a lickin', and SOMEHOW, Keep On Tickin'!!!! smile
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great plains game hunting, Buffalo is very expensive though because of their limited numbers and they are only available in the Caprivi Strip. Prices for plains game is probably the most reasonable of any country in Africa.

The government is stable and the game is very well managed.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
When I was trying to decide where to go in Africa for my big trip, I happened to get a chance to talk with Craig Boddington. Yes, it was a unique opportunity for an old farm boy from the hills of PA! When I asked him about Namibia, he said "Namibia is the most beautiful country in Africa." I went. I was amazed at how beautiful, safe, clean, how much game, and most of all how nice and friendly absolutely everyone that I met was. Never once did someone hit me up for a bribe or a handout. One of the nicest places I've ever been. Unique country, great hunting amazing history and nice people. Some of the best kudu and gemsbok, one of the few places you can get mountain zebra, and most places the game is freeranging.
With many of the PH's you stay on what we would call a ranch and get to spend time with their family and experience friendship with neighbors who just happen to live far away.
Did I mention how much I liked it there?
Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I'll echo everything mentioned so far, and add that there are some really cool and exotic species on offer that can only be found in Namibia, namely Damara Dik-Dik, Hartmann's Mtn. Zebra, and Black-faced Impala.

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
And still one of the best places in Africa for a leopard! Fabulous plans game hunting and if you check out the Caprivi, you will find the cost for Buff and elephant very competitive.

"We sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the
night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" Winston Churchill
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RedLeg
And still one of the best places in Africa for a leopard! Fabulous plans game hunting and if you check out the Caprivi, you will find the cost for Buff and elephant very competitive.
Last I heard, there was a ban on leopard hunting for a few years. Admittedly, I haven't kept up, but I haven't heard that the ban has been lifted. When I hunted there the last time (in 2007), we were still seeing leopard sign everywhere we went. Never heard why the government shut it down...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Leopard is open in Namibia, albeit with several conditions attached. Hunting with hounds is done. This method is no longer allowed. As such, baiting is the only permissible method these days. They have limited the number of permits that are issued per year as well. IIRC, permits are only being issued to registered outfitters/PH's who have a Namibian address. (I may be mistaken on this particular point.)

Not sure about the PAC Leopard hunts in Namibia. When all of this was being sorted out, I can't remember how this was addressed.

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Me two...maybe a good place for a CF get together... wink

Dober

I can make it happen -just say the word!! The more hunters, the better the rate!

Jim

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Fjold
Great plains game hunting, Buffalo is very expensive though because of their limited numbers and they are only available in the Caprivi Strip. Prices for plains game is probably the most reasonable of any country in Africa.

I think there is now limited (buffalo) quota available now in the Waterberg as well. Joof Lamprecht has the concession there.

Jim

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This year will be our fourth trip there. Same place and same PH. It is a little slice of heaven for me.

Buff in the Caprivi and limited number of lions and leopard are available to land owners. My PH has 100K acres (low fenced) and has 2 leopard tags (exportable) this year if any one is interested you can PM me.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Buff in Namibia is expensive. I v'e seen it for as much as $14k.
Buff in SA is going �8300 in the Eastern Cape.
Leopard in Namibia (Waterberg) is going for euro 3100+ daily rate.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,790 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,791
Posts18,477,334
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.