-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 608 of 1,842 1 2 606 607 608 609 610 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
steelers kinda got back on their game after the embarrassing first half, but by then the damage was done, the first quarter I thought the vikes were in there wearing different jerseys after with all the turnovers resulting in points.

right at the end I thought they had a chance to put it in overtime and make a memorable game, but that thought left quickly.
oh well, life goes on.

had a blast this weekend fishing, we had so much stuff going on it was unreal.
plowing roads, playing veternarian, rescuing 3 people, hittin up the igloo and zipple bay and taking a long ride in a B12, moving fish houses, singing kareoke man you name it. smile and we managed to catch fish in there when it was slow everywhere else. I got out fished but oh well. the guys felt pity and sent me home with fish anyway.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Dont worry, that Minnesota team will win a Super Bowl someday. smirk Although I doubt it will happen in our life time. grin

Probably not at your age. grin

I think that's a given. eek

That was supposed to be a joke, but sadly, I doubt it will happen in my lifetime either. Heck, if they don't get a stadium built, there won't be a MN Vikings.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
-funny story... I got a text from Rooster Jim yesterday durring a meeting for sensitivity training...

Jim, I hope you sold your couch, that's all I have to say. grin

I raffed out roud at your reply to that one T!

grin

Last edited by Rooster7; 02/07/11.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got it when I hit middle river on my way north, busted a gut laughing! thanks T, that was a good one!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Our home for Saturday and into Sunday.

[Linked Image]

RWS tending to one of his lines.

[Linked Image]

Proof that even a blind squirrel finds some occasional food.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Looks like you found a Sauger hot spot.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah, that's mostly what it was.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Judging from that photo, you spent more time playing with the Tucker than fishin'........................ Not that I blame you, the Tucker looks like fun.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'll have to bring Betsy up there in the summer. You can take us out in our new boat.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Nice bunch of Saugers Dave.

Weather gutu said we would have light fluries today. I guess he was right, I've shoveled about 3" of fluf so far today. mad

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
new boat Tzone? Spill the details man, new boat time is a momentous event to be shared among all your friends!

need help with gizmos? Dont forget to drop my name at Thorne Bros so they can add a surcharge!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No details yet....it's in the planning stage. grin

I do have the OK from the Mrs. though. Trouble is, she likes the shiney ones. eek The shiney ones cost a lot more. I'm looking for bang for the buck... If I got a used Ranger, it would be older than I'm looking for, at the price I'm willing to give, maybe. See where I'm going here?

I did find a 2004(or 5)Lund 2025 for a good price. I was going to look at it today, but it sold over the weekend. That was a nice boat too.... Walk through windshield, Yamaha 225 and a t-8 kicker....Arrrgh arrgh aarrrgh.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N

Well today marks 19 yrs marriage for Pam and I.

Thanks god she�s a slow learner on the relationship stuff!

Here�s to hoping that by the time she figures out I�m not the right guy she just won�t care anymore. grin

(joking)

Happy anniversary Pam, Love you.

I had a failed attempt at hauling firewood last night, RWS and I took the old plow truck out to the cabin, or as close to it as we could get anyways. I tried to plow my way in and it became obvious that I didn�t have enough fuel or time for the task.

We tried a few straight on runs (plow blade straight) and my pivot cylinders went floppy on me, damn it! Low on fluid.

And I didn�t have any fluid along so I just knew that with a mile of trail to plow it wasn�t going to go well. We punched a rough hole through the snow up to the first mud run hole, widened it the best we could and got out of there.

On the way out I popped the T-case from 4high to 2WD and left the hubs locked in spinning the axles. I usually unlock the hubs but we were in a hurry to get to the nearest country store to get some fuel before they closed. The store usually closes at 8PM.

Well we got there at 7:20 and they were closed. We limped it to the next town on fumes, gas station also closed�.

All the while I thought I was hearing a bit of additional or unusual clatter from the right front side of the truck as we drove.

We made it part ways between the last town and home, ran out of gas. I used the last bit of fuel to back the truck onto a side road so we could wait out of traffic for Pam to come and save us with a full fuel can we had at home. As we backed up� what a racket from the front right wheel, snapping and banging, really heavy iron thunking noises.

I figured right away we must have busted the universal joint in that closed knuckle on that old dana 44 axle. Of course it went home just fine with the hubs unlocked but there�s a broken mess of some kind in that axle end�. mad

Stupid truck, I wonder if warranty will cover it?

Should be able to get way more than 40 yrs of hard use out of a rig like that before stuff starts breaking.

Project firewood was a complete failure.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinDave, congrats on your anniversary!!! Look at it this way, the blind pig found a very sweet nut!! grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
WOW. Congrats to Dave and Pam on 19 years of marriage.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Should be able to get way more than 40 yrs of hard use out of a rig like that before stuff starts breaking.

Project firewood was a complete failure.

Is old Browny up to the task?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Happy Aniversary Dave & Pam.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Happy Anniversary Dave and Pam!

that's some pretty bad luck there Dave.

what are you gonna do for firewood?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DAVE & PAM!!!!!!
Wow 19 yrs. I told my wife ten was enough, time for something new. grin
Had to sleep on the couch for a week. frown

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Happy Anniversary Dave and Pam, We had a good trip to canada last weekend fishing. Not many fish but the rest of the trip was great! Bought me a new ThorneBros Ice Rod from Brett and had a great time fishing with him. The fishing looked alot better where you were dave, hoping to hit the lake again sometime.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
Page 608 of 1,842 1 2 606 607 608 609 610 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (22250rem, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,403
Posts18,488,921
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.