Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Monashee
When I go my ashes will be mixed with those of my old chocolate Lab(Gunner).My wife will scatter them in the high country above my home,and we'll roam those hills together til' the end of time. Monashee

My eyes have gotten a little damp, I think my heart sprung a leak. What a beautiful way to spend eternity.

Lynn

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When you're dead, you're dead. You won't feel a thing when the time comes. Be kind on the remaining family and save them A LOT of expense. laugh

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
And you know that how?

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have a nephew who's a potter. He's made urns for several family members. He's started with what he calls the family glaze. He takes a few ashes from each one and mixes them into the urn's glaze so each urn has some ash from each one who died previously. I'm not aspiring to be a glaze yet, but I don't have the final say in that.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
told the wife i dont care if she tosses my body in some coulee.......ill be dead and not give a chit, she can do whatever she decided she wants to do.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To the Viking burial guys. I believe it is legal. I read something about it not too long ago. But unless they build the Viking ship outta free wood you're looking at costing the fam. some money.

This thread got me thinking about plans. Besides what to do with my body, I thought it would be fun to put some money in an account. Enough to send all remaining family members on a trip. Last year when my grandmother passed away all of her grandchildren flew back home and stayed in the same house for a week. Despite the unfortunate circumstances it was the best week I've ever had with those people. We all reconnected in our mourning. I would like to supply the same opportunity for whomever outlives me.

Deal with it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
And you know that how?

I had several ghosts tell me just the other day. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't want to be cremated or be buried...prop me up at the base of a tree in the woods

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
An old timer that was a staple in my home town went out better than anyone I've heard of. He was duck hunting with his dog and a pard. The guy and his dog went over to jump shoot some sloughs. his pard heard some shots and when the guy didn't return he went to investigate. He found his friend leaning up against a tree dead, his lab still had the duck in his mouth waiting for his master to collect it. The last thing he did on earth was shoot a duck, then he had a heart attack. A very fitting way to go.

Deal with it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not me!

Burn me, burn me up!

I don't want to be worm food

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by temmi
Not me!

Burn me, burn me up!

I don't want to be worm food

EXACTLY, Damn straight, besides I will probably be sitting by the fire anyways! laugh

Swifty
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I don't want to be cremated or be buried...prop me up at the base of a tree in the woods

once upon a time i knew an individual that had studied under Brant Segunda as a part of the Dance of the Deer Foundation.

she wanted to be dragged to a big whiteoak tree, and allowed to fertilize the roots of the tree to encourage acorn production to feed the flowers, the tree, and also the deer, raccoons, etc. etc. that feasted upon the acorns that her micro-chemicals helped to create.

the Circle of Life, i suppose?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

once upon a time i knew an individual that had studied under Brant Segunda as a part of the Dance of the Deer Foundation.

she wanted to be dragged to a big whiteoak tree, and allowed to fertilize the roots of the tree to encourage acorn production to feed the flowers, the tree, and also the deer, raccoons, etc. etc. that feasted upon the acorns that her micro-chemicals helped to create.

the Circle of Life, i suppose?

I suppose, or someone who spent a lot of her time thinking under the influence of a particular weed grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What If God is a duck?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Cremate me and I want my ashes spread #1 my deer stand,#2 some in Montana,#3 some in Lake Michigan.No friggen Funeral,but I will leave enough money to put a couple half barrels at the local watering hole!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Absolutely not getting toasted. Here is why:

Career Fire Fighter, spent my life putting them out and avoiding getting killed doing it...I am to end up getting burned in the end? No F*cking Way!

Not a complete process...after it is said and done, they sweep the remnants out and grind the bits and pieces of long bone etc. left, using the equivalent of a meat grinder...been there, done that!

I pushed (helped) a few folks in the oven for their toasty end. Just isn't right! I had a part time gig at a funeral home and crematorium.

I prefer to be interred in a vault in a mausoleum wall if I could swing it. Preferably up high on that wall. A good friend has had his spot for years in just such a place and his theory is solid. "Put me up high" he says, "and good luck to anybody trying to piss on my grave!" I like it!!!!

Last edited by fatjack34; 02/07/11.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MadMooner
What If God is a duck?

a great question. what if a dog is God spelt backwards? grin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
What If God is a duck?

Then we will all go to heaven and hunt the Quackenbush.

Swifty

Swifty
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Being buried in a box absolutely gives me the creeps. No can do.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 48 invisible), 1,768 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,036
Posts18,520,993
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.