Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 611 of 1,842 1 2 609 610 611 612 613 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Might as well get him a bed now.... You ain't keepin' him in there anymore.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
oh I know, I'm gonna convert it right now, otherwise he'll try it in the night and hurt himself

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Anytime you hear silence with kids, somethings up and most of the time its not good.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
no kidding, when he's playing, silence is very bad, I figured since he was in his crib he was giving in to the timeout, kids will never cease to teach us stuff, I swear

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Happy Aniversary you two. Dave I hope you got Pam something nice like a new gas can. smile

grin

Better skip the gas can idea. The gooberment will just hit you with a gift tax. laugh

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Of course I got a fine. $125. It will be less and I get my ticket erased from my record if I pay a fee to the city and go watch a 20 minute video.

So tell us Speeedy, did the better half tell you to haul your behind over to the city hall to watch the video to save a few bucks? laugh laugh

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
my little man just shocked me a minute ago.

he was misbehaving so I put him in his crib for a time out, he's in there asking to come out and I tell him no, he has to be quiet for 5 minutes.

he gets real quiet, next thing I know he comes walking out of our room and says "hi daddy". I had to do a double take.

so I put him back in his crib and told him to show daddy how he got out. the little dude climbed out and lowered himself to the ground, he did it 3 times and each time he laughed.

hopefully I can get the video I took on my cell posted on here, I was dumbfounded

I did the same thing when I was little. Mom come to get me out of my crib and my sheets and I were covered in mud. Here she found out later that in the middle of the night the neighbor boy heard a noise outside. He went to check it out and there I was playing in the mud by their house, singing up a storm. He brought me back home and put me in my crib.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
oh wow! that would be a little scary for me to say the least!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was in the mood for baking this morning. I found a good applebread recipe. Although I didn't have any apples, so I substituted it with blueberries. I just tried some and it was pretty good. I will have to remember that for deer hunting this fall. I have to make lefse one day too. I've been pretty slacking on that this year.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I heard Douglas County was hiring female jailers thirdhand today, if you are living in the Duluth area and have any interest at all it is a good paying job but the hours and clientele can suck...

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I live quite a ways from there, probly 6 hours. I think that kind of job would be fun (sometimes).

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Northern Dave was over at HSO website, was reading about boar and helping him.. +1 .......

What did you say to get suspended over there.....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ok, I thought somewhere you mentioned Duluth, I was mistaken, however wherever you are, if you have an interest you should contact the local jail and see, because female jailers are always in demand...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by noduck
Northern Dave was over at HSO website, was reading about boar and helping him.. +1 .......

What did you say to get suspended over there.....

Well, it don�t take much to get suspended or banned over there.

Most joke threads on 24hourcampfire would never fly over there on ultra churchy HSO.

It's funny because white bear from this site (twisted on HSO) and I ran a joke thread skit of sorts on HSO a year or 2 ago using a risky play on words having to do with ice fishing holes.

We certainly didn't invent it but there is an old technique people use sometimes when ice fishing where you grab your slush dipper and flush it up and down in an ice fishing hole forcing the water up and down. If you do it for a while you get the water flushing up and down in all of the holes in the house, kind of a wave action. This raises and lowers the bobbers with a touchless motion, kind of an automatic stealth jigging thing. It often times works really well for light biting walleyes.

Well of course it's fun to say you are going to "pump the hole", and therein lies the problem for the prim & proper�s over at HSO... grin

We ran that skit a year or 2 ago with nothing but laughs.

We tried waking the boring group up over there this year by doing it again, but this year it backfired on us.

I do wonder how the HSO moderators get through their days out in the world with television and jokes at work, e-mails etc... however do they shield themselves from such evils? lol!!

Anyways, Yes we got a call from this guy who calls himself Boar on HSO. good guy, his back went out really bad, he couldn't move. later that night he was in the ER.

Ryan and I took the tracked rig in the dark on the frozen lake and found this guy, loaded him into the tracked rig, loaded his gear and his kids, fired up his snowmobile which Ryan drove... we got him to his truck, loaded his snowmobile, otter sled etc, tied the stuff down, got his truck out on the plowed lake road pointed the right way and wished him luck.

I somehow have a feeling that would have been a little too much work for a guy who can't tolerate a joke about pumping an ice fishing hole. grin

They said I was "crass" and offensive...

Yeah, I suppose I am.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
don't forget about the 8 month old dog smile she was a cute little pup.

I've been on a couple other forums, but this is the one I stay at.
its no different than being at a cafe or pub and overhearing a joke, or story and its all in good fun. I left the others before I got kicked, I knew it would come

too funny either way though.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sgt217
Ok, I thought somewhere you mentioned Duluth, I was mistaken, however wherever you are, if you have an interest you should contact the local jail and see, because female jailers are always in demand...

Thanks.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What's HSO?Give me a link.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
hotspot outdoors or fishingmn.com

Something clever here.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Stan in Sc google fishing MN should come up rite away.. It's just a forum but covers all the topics kinda like this one.. But campfire is 100 times better... I go on there to check out icefishing reports.. About 75% are bs reports, and the rest kinda have to read thru the lines to get info.....

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
ND, to bad they cant take a joke.. Been on that site for years.The last couple not so much.. Get decent LOW reports from there but i know enough spots know were not on that site much more... Glad you helped Boar out he is a good guy and always gave sound advice on that site... Heading up to the angle a month from now, hope we do as good as we did last year!!!!!!!!

Page 611 of 1,842 1 2 609 610 611 612 613 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

171 members (280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 18 invisible), 1,601 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,334
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.