-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What few public unions there are in Texas are very weak, and police and firefighters can only bargain if the right is given them by public referendum. The public can take the right away as well.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Appears to be many uninformed and uneducated citizens out their when it comes to government jobs benefits. Don't lump everyone into one group. Benefits vary greatly with different agencies. Feds and major cities are normally the highest. It goes down quickly from their.

Private sector pay normally greatly exceeds that for similar small government work pay.

Appears that many want government employees paid less with no retirement. Likely those are also the ones complaining about the quality of the government workers. Its a citizens right to complain and ask questions. Its also their responsibility to be educated on the topic prior to opening their mouth. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Appears to be many uninformed and uneducated citizens out their when it comes to government jobs benefits. Don't lump everyone into one group. Benefits vary greatly with different agencies. Feds and major cities are normally the highest. It goes down quickly from their.

Private sector pay normally greatly exceeds that for similar small government work pay.

Appears that many want government employees paid less with no retirement. Likely those are also the ones complaining about the quality of the government workers. Its a citizens right to complain and ask questions. Its also their responsibility to be educated on the topic prior to opening their mouth. GW

Exactly

Originally Posted by Mntngoat
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
I get so tired of the whining and complaining about the gravy train public employees are on.

what i don't like are those gravy trainers that think they are due more in their taxpayer funded pensions while complaining about the low wages. FWIW gubermint employees have outpaced the private sector in earnings long ago!
ML

Maybe in your state, but in Wyoming the energy industry, mines and contractors constantly hire employees away from state positions. Everything from equipments operators, engineer/project managers, lab/testing personnel almost anyone with a skill they can use. And believe me the pay is much higher in most cases.

Pretty hard to keep people when then can increase their wage by 33%. Each contract for construction shows the prevailing Bacon Davis wage for the district it is let in. Hard to keep an entry level laborer at $9/Hr when the contractor is paying $14/hr.

In addition the last Governor and the current Governor are trying to get State employees to 90% of market. So quit applying your comments across the board.

Again I say if you truly believe it is such a great deal, QUIT your job and apply. The State of Wyoming has openings!

I don't know what your chosen profession is but here are entry level positions across the State. You might look into the Department of Family Services to see how well they are paid. Or an entry level position in the Transportation Department Maintenance group.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
in an attempt to set the stage, pensions are pretty much a product of the post-WWII era. it wasn't common before then, and now is essentially being done away with, in favor of private retirement accounts.

it was a product of the times.

the promise of "future" pension keeps folks working at sub-standard wages in the present. it creates a loyalty to the bureacracy itself, (to counter balance current politics?).

in other words, politicians of various stripes come and go, but bureaucrats live on nearly forever while offering stability to the system.

but, i digress. if there were fewer gov't workers but being paid at prevailing rates based upon demand, i suspect they could easily fund their own retirements, much like what is happening in the private sector.

getting past the "pension era" seems to be a raggedy edged effort for sure.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
And here you are on the net, justabitchin on state, public money, paid time?

Ain't you supposed to be on a snowplow or flippin back and forth one of those signs reading Slow/Stop, boy?

You don't have to answer, we know already.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here's plenty Texas police jobs if ya wanna get rich quick...

http://tml.associationcareernetwork.com/JobSeeker/JobList.aspx?cabbr=TML

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
And here you are on the net, justabitchin on state, public money, paid time?

Ain't you supposed to be on a snowplow or flippin back and forth one of those signs reading Slow/Stop, boy?

You don't have to answer, we know already.

Sorry to disappoint you dumbass. You aren't smart enough to get one of those jobs.

And who said I work for a public entity?

I just get tired of everyone's bitching about public employees, police officers, etc.

Oh and by the way I am not working today, but you seem to be online at your job.

BTW I have a lot of respect for plow drivers. They get me to work in bad weather and quite frankly are underpaid. One offered to let me ride with him one time. I did and it will be the last. Not only is the weather bad but the asssshole drivers are worse. Several plows have been rear ended on the interstate here by idiots like you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The answer will be QE3,4,5 etc....as well as the various state bailouts.

Have to keep the sheeple under control.

Tony

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the cure is to declare bankruptcy, and render all those pension contracts null and void.

Stupidest thing we ever allowed, was [bleep] public employee unions.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Agreed! Or any union for that matter. They outlived their usefulness long ago. BTW Wyoming is a right to work state and employers have a right to fire you if you aren't doing your job, public or private sector!

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
the cure is to declare bankruptcy, and render all those pension contracts null and void.

You nailed it! If anyone reads about how Cali is doing you will realize that would be the best thing for this god forsaken state.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Then who pays the dept?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mntngoat

You nailed it! If anyone reads about how Cali is doing you will realize that would be the best thing for this god forsaken state.

or just allow the US to explode like a seed case. all the seeds project into the future...the state's i'm speaking of.

most acorns fall under the shade of their parent. some are carried futher into the sunlight, and gain root, and grow into maturity.

evolution, or whatever one wants to call it.

right now, most of us huddle together like sheeple, and have no clue whatsoever.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I brought my lunch, so I'm okay.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Evidently you're not smart enough either and you're definitely "off" about everyday.

I'm smart enough to get paid handsomely sitting on my butt, waiting on a chopper that ain't gonna fly today. May add a bit to the price of your gasoline. I ain't whining about it, though.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I'm smart enough to get paid handsomely sitting on my butt, waiting on a chopper that ain't gonna fly today. May add a bit to the price of your gasoline. I ain't whining about it, though.

So you are a lazy assshole who is sticking it to your employer. And boasting about it!

GFY internet commando.....you sure you aren't another iteration of Oldman1942 aka Bosslady?

Come to think of it how come we have never seen any hunting or fishing pics from you? All you seem to do is bitch, argue and stir up schitt.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I brought my lunch, so I'm okay.

sometimes i feel like a rabbit, skittering across the clear-cuts while looking for lunch, underneath a clear blue sky. grin

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
When a company that provided a pension to thier employees goes bankrupt the pension finance guarantee coorperation pays the pensions at a reducesd rate. this is a government chartered deal like freddy and fanny more tax dollars at work

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
......and they will soon be insolvent as well.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by ConradCA

We are facing a huge unfunded liability caused by politicians pandering to public sector unions. They give huge pensions with the expectation that someone else will have to figure out how to pay for them sometime in the future after they are long gone. They do this to buy union support for their reelection. This has resulted in California facing a $500 billion unfunded liability with an $80 billion budget and a $25 billion deficit. Clearly something dramatic has to be done to fix this. The solution is require government entities to pay for the pensions on an on going basis.

The problem with the sky high public employee pensions is that the politicians who agree to them don't have to pay for them. We need to pass a law which requires:

1) A public employees retirement pension should treated as an annuity that is purchased incrementally so the cost is accrued as they work and completely paid for before they retire.

2) The cost of pensions be calculated using a 3 year running average of the return provided by treasury bonds.

3) The integrity of the pension structure should be ensured by independent public accountants.

4) Public employee pensions will be recalculated retroactively based on the government and employee contributions so that they unfunded liability will be eliminated.

Interesting. Could you elaborate on #4 ?

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 49 invisible), 11,933 guests, and 1,576 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,032
Posts18,540,624
Members74,053
Most Online21,066
07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.