I can't believe you just wrote that. grin

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Give me a few days notice to prepare & it's on! That is if you're into drinking beer, catching limits of fish, & cruising the lake in track sheenry.

Ooo Oooo pick ME! Pick ME!

I'm into ALL that stuff!

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
mmmm, sheenry...

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I prolly opened up a can-o-worms there didn't I?

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by White_Bear
I prolly opened up a can-o-worms there didn't I?

Never used worms for ice fishin but I'll try anything once!

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hey, I dont have my own ice auger, but am always up to drilling a few holes, that is fer sure. I always say practice makes perfect.

About 857 pages ago Tzone was talking about a new boat and there was some discussion about walk through windshields. When I bought mine, I was pretty leery about it. Now, I will never own another boat without it. And yes, I fish muskies, big pike, walleyes, etc. Casting is not a problem....if your muskie bait is low enough to hit that windshield, I really dont wanna be in the boat with ya! And as far as walking around....it just hasnt been a problem...

[Linked Image]

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Nice fish, but I don't need no stinkin' windshield, walk through or otherwise! smile

Last edited by BrentD; 02/10/11.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If it was 100% up to me, I'd get a tiller and be done with it. But it ain't 100% up to me. More like 10% grin

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I got to test a new strike lite 4cylinder couple weeks ago.. Was okay speed wise, felt like it just needed a little more juice.. Was lighter then the gas augers which was nice.. For the price of the strike lite, i think i'll stick to a gasser...

ND staying at the angle outpost, then Rc Carlson taking us out.. Going up with 12 guys.. I think RC sold the guideing business to his son in law... I think his name is jason lives in warroad.. Great guy he put us on the fish... I hear you on safety up there currents everywhere up there. It will be awhile before i venture by myself up there, and not with a group of 12 guys...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by noduck
I got to test a new strike lite 4cylinder couple weeks ago.. Was okay speed wise, felt like it just needed a little more juice..

Man I hope you meant 4 stroke. No way we can compete in the "hot auger" events if you're running a 4 cyl. grin

Last edited by tzone; 02/11/11.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tzone, it all depends on if he has to lift it back out of the hole....if so, that 4 banger will be hard to get back out!

Brent, i agree no one NEEDS a windshield. But they sure are nice! Time and time and time again, we have said....look at those saps without a windshield getting all wet and cold.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
on the farm we have an auger on the skid steer, that one has some torque to it! big holes too, like the kind you can spear out of!
doesn't work well for early ice though

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Only thing we drill in to down here is dirt.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
A little something from NSSF that may well affect a lot of folks up that way.

Speak now or regret it later.

NSSF Urges All Hunters to Comment
on Proposed Firearm Hunting Ban

Forest Service Accepting Public Comment Until Friday, Feb. 11

NSSF is urging all hunters and sportsmen to submit comments to the U.S. Forest Service on a proposed firearm hunting ban for areas of the Huron-Manistee National Forest in Michigan. The proposed ban could pose a threat to firearm hunting on portions of federal lands across the nation. The Forest Service is accepting public comment on alternatives until Feb. 11.

Background: In September, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the Forest Service's regulations required that it consider banning hunting with firearms on lands designated as "semi-primitive" within the Huron-Manistee National Forest. The court felt the noise associated with firearm hunting could harm the quality of the recreational experience of hikers, backpackers, and cross country skiers. The court ruled that the Forest Service had to consider closing these areas to hunting with firearms if other public hunting land was available nearby. The U.S. Forest Service is therefore required to do a formal review to determine if it should move forward with a ban on firearms hunting ban on these areas.

Please submit comments to the Forest Service urging it to adopt the "No-Action" position, which would allow hunting with firearms in areas designated as semi-primitive to continue.

Sportsmen can fax comments to Lee Evison at 231-775-5551 or e-mail comments to comments-eastern-huron-manisteefs.fed.us.

Please include your name and address with your comments. E-mailed comments must include "Forest Plan SEIS" as the subject line of the e-mail. All comments must be received by Friday, Feb. 11.

You may also submit your comments via mail to:

Forest Planner
Huron-Manistee National Forests
1755 S. Mitchell Street
Cadillac, MI 49601

---------------------------

Visit NSSF's Government Relations site at nssf.org/GovRel.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
White Bear, are you willing to rent your fish house out for next weekend? What do you charge? Jeremy and a couple buddies want to go up there next weekend.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone

Man I hope you meant 4 storke. No way we can compete in the "hot auger" events if you're running a 4 cyl. grin

4 storks? Sounds... slender and powerful....

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
unless each one of em brings a baby, that might slow anyone down all at once like that

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by tzone

Man I hope you meant 4 storke. No way we can compete in the "hot auger" events if you're running a 4 cyl. grin

4 storks? Sounds... slender and powerful....

grin

It has little to do with how much twist or how hard you push. It's all in the tip & tecnique.

Do not feed the bear!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Tecnique smecknique, we'll see you on the ice mr jiffy.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Tecnique smecknique, we'll see you on the ice mr jiffy.

That was awful crass...

Do not feed the bear!

Page 613 of 1,842 1 2 611 612 613 614 615 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

442 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 39 invisible), 2,094 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,460
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.