-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
OP Offline
H
Has anyone had experience or use a Western Mountaineering sleeping bag, or more specifically the Alpinlite version? A local outdoor store has them 40% off this weekend and I am seriously considering purchasing one even though I already own two 20 degree bags. I'm also looking at a Mountain Hardwear 45 which is also 40% off. Thanks for any input.

GB1

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
WM bags the awesome. I have the Badger. Doesnt get any better when it comes to sleeping bags.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hogcarpy
Has anyone had experience or use a Western Mountaineering sleeping bag, or more specifically the Alpinlite version? A local outdoor store has them 40% off this weekend and I am seriously considering purchasing one even though I already own two 20 degree bags. I'm also looking at a Mountain Hardwear 45 which is also 40% off. Thanks for any input.

Where is the sale? I'd like to get in on that!

I've had three WM bags over the last 19 years, and my wife has one. I love WM bags... absolutely top drawer. My wife and I both currently have Versalite's... I almost got the Alpinlite over the Versalite... the Alpinlite is a great bag.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hogcarpy

I've got the Alpinlite. Very nice bag, I am happy with it.

Not often one finds WM bags on sale!

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great bags!! I also have a Versalite per Brads recommendation. I love it!

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
40 percent off of a W.M. bag?

I need to go look out the window for a blue moon...

40% off is rare, grab it. I had the Antelope and loved it( just a skoosh too tight in the shoulders).

I now have the Kodiak. Last bag I plan on buying.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
One of the best bags no doubt, I'm going to call the store tomorrow to see what is not on their sale list. (they stated their list is not complete)

Thanks!

MtnHtr

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Alpenlite and Lynx, love'em both. The Lynx I score on a similar 40% off sale. Jump in with both feet, they are awesome bags. Just use your head, you will not die.

Ahh, nice marmot
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do a search here on versions of Western Mountaineering, WM, Alpenlite, etc.--many mentions & discussions (and I can't recall any negative comments).

Campfire Pistolero x2

Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else. -Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

hogcarpy:

Jump on that sale!

I have a WM Alpinlite, and like it much.

I haven't had it down to 20 degrees, but I can tell you it's quite fine in the high 20s.

- Tom

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Picked up a couple WM bags last year. Must say I am very impressed with them. Heard great things about these bags and from what I can tell so far they are all true. Someone about sleeping in down is more cozy than synthetic, though the syn bags still do here their place.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I own a WM Antelope 5� bag that I really like. It's too warm to use in the summer. But it works great in Spring, Fall & Winter.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Some of the best bags made IMHO.

Sales for WM are very rare.

H
OP Offline
H
So I show up at my local sporting goods shop today at 11 am, the WM sale was supposed to start at noon. There are already probably 75-80 people standing in line at the front door. I'm thinking, $h;t! I finally get in the door at 12:15 and go straight to the sleeping bag section, no WM bags were in sight. I grab some other sale stuff and begin to pay. Noticing a WM cotton bag behind the front desk, I ask what it was doing back there. The cashier tells me its the sale bags that someone had second thoughts on buying. I WANT IT! Whew, talk about lucking out! Like hunting, luck can change any moment!

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good...

Hopefully the bag is one you want. If not, you can probably sell it for more than you paid and apply the proceeds to another.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

303 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 1minute, 117LBS, 2five7, 42 invisible), 2,284 guests, and 1,068 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,321
Posts18,505,838
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.