Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
feriil Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I know a lot of people on rimfire central (and here) say they really like Mueller and you can't get any better scope for the money, but how good are they really?

I currently own 2 models and both have a Nitrogen port sticker on the bottom like my cheap Tasco's and Ultralux. No Nikon or Bushnell Elite I've ever seen has a sticker on the bottom holding in the nitrogen in the scope. I've also never seen what % light transmission they get.

Supposedly their higher end ones are produced in the same Japanese factory as Sightron Big Sky scopes, but I'd be skeptical about that if one of their $200+ scopes still has

One model I've got is the Eraticator 8.5-25x50mm, which on their site is supposedly a $260 scope. What do you guys think, for the price is Mueller the way to go or should I sell them and keep getting Elite 3200's used for the price.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got two, an 8x32 30mm tube on my 22LR target rifle and an APV on a 243 that works fine and been on a few rifle over the past years that I've had it. One of my hunting partners borrowed the rig and took 3rd place in one of our club marches.

Erich

Last edited by erich; 02/14/11.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Not sure what they cost, but SWFA, in their rifle scope comparison report, placed the Mueller pretty low, in the class with the Burris Fullfield II, Leupold Rifleman, Leatherwood, Simmons and Nikon ProStaff. I've never handled a Mueller, but respect SWFA. So, given that, I'd be looking somewhere a bit higher on the food chain. Check it out on line.

Just my opinion, based on SWFA's opinion.

DF

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I own one. Not bad for a 22 or varmint gun, but I wouldn't put one on a big game rifle.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I am not an expert so this is my opionion

I had some one tell me how great that they were (he was trying to sell one to a friend) I asked to see it and it really seemed to be very low quality to me. I really cant tell you what made me think that but handling it made me think of a cheap chinese scope. I kept my opionion to myself until the guy left but I was not impressed.

As we throw stuff up on the forums I kinda watch what is said and when I see questions about quality and split opionions I think where there is smoke theres fire.

There is a bunch of low cost scopes that seem to be used and pretty well regaurded IE 3200 Elites and FFII s seem to be holding up well.I have quite a few of each and am happy.
So why reinvent the wheel?

And if you want to step it up just a bit man there is some nice Leupolds and Monarchs that are good deals right here hard to beat!
Just my humble opionion

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
There seem to be more and more Chinese scopes popping up. And, of course, that fact is not always up front. Where is the Mueller made? I've never handled one. A friend just picked up a Pentax at a great price. I mounted it on his rifle and saw that it was a Chicom piece. Quality seem fair, but I would have never bought it. There's more to a scope than price...

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I received one as a gift a few years ago, the 4.5x14 APV.
I installed it on my Rem .204 SPS.

I don't expect it to have all the bells and whistles of the high end scopes, but then again it doesn't have they're price tag either.

So far it's worked just fine.
It's clear. All the adjustments work as they should and it has never lost it's zero once it was sighted in.
It's see's most of it's use on sage rats and ground squirrels, with an occasional rock chuck in the mix.

With this limited back ground, I would have no problem recommending it for an entry level varmint set up.
Like I said, it's been working fine.

Not everyone has deep pockets and this is a good place to start for someone on a budget. IMHO.

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I love my tac2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 338reddog, 16 invisible), 1,970 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,802
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.