Print Thread
Hop To
J
johno Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Well there are two rifles on gunbroker that I am hot to trot for. Being in Australia ive hit a snag, both sellers are happy to deal with me. If the sale is complete they send the rifles to Simpson LTD for export. What could be easier you may ask.

Gunbroker wont allow me to bid as i'm overseas. BUGGER.
Is there someone here, not sure if you need to be a dealer. That could bid on my behalf, of course I would have to transfer funds by pay pal to my bid limit to the persons account. If I was not the winning bidder this person would then refund the money, I believe with a refund there are no extra charges. Of course the person acting for me would need to be a member ive know for awhile, also I would expect to be charged a fee for your service.

Kick it around fellas, you would not even need to take delivery of the rifles just have them shipped to Simpsons.
Oh year its a NIB 99T in 22 h.p. No you have cleaned up you spilled coffee, i'll come clean. Its not a 99, I know sin, sin, sin, but I can't afford the prices the rifles are going for. Oh this will be the last shipment the importer here is doing so its my last chance for a Cooper 22 hornet

Johno

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Be very, very, very careful brokering funds thru paypal for a gun deal. A fella called me the other day who has 6 grand tied up with paypal on a gun deal. And, you would pay about 5% in fees.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Paypal doesn't allow guns (or ammunition, or I believe even brass or bullets - basically, anything they don't allow on Ebay). If you defy them and they catch you, they can hang you up for a good while.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Johno:

I would wire the money to your American friend's bank account. If you don't win he can wire it back to you.

Just sayin'

Last edited by 99guy; 02/17/11.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
bank to bank wire fees ain't cheap either... they charge on both ends...

Andrew
IC B2

J
johno Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
My problem isnt the money, I can send it to someone to bid on my behalf without declaring to pay pal. Wire it as suggested or U.S. bank draft.

My problem lies with gunbroker, I cannot bid on the 2 rifles as i'm overseas. To ask someone to bid for me without immediate access to my funds would be asking an awfull lot.

Johno

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep:

But don't have to worry about your money getting tied up someplace or disappearing into cyberspace.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JohnO, have you asked the exporter if they would buy it?

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

J
johno Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Rick, I have sent them several emails and no reply. But have found a way around things with the assistance of some very fine savage people right here.

No names no pack drill, just my thanks

Johno

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paypal is the LAST third party I would use for this transaction. They are NOTORIOUS for tying up funds, justified or not, for months. Google Paypal horror stories and you'll get a glimpse.

Anybody who has a credit card or bank account of any import tied to their Paypal account needs to realize what their Terms of Service allows them to do. If there ever was a time to have a dummy bank account with almost zero balance, and low-limit CC, Paypal is it!

I would never, ever, put myself in a position where Paypal could hold any significant money, nor hook up an account with them that was anthing other than a sweep-in, with immediate withdrawals/transfers once the funds hit.

Paypal SUCKS! And if you're a gun owner, Paypal BITES too.

Screw Paypal. I'll happily take my business elsewhere.

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I like Paypal, I started doing ebay in'97 and used to send MO's for everything. In most instances, buying guns over the 'net yields the chit that all the other in person buyers have passed on because of defects.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by johno
Rick, I have sent them several emails and no reply. But have found a way around things with the assistance of some very fine savage people right here.

No names no pack drill, just my thanks

Johno
Can you get a U.S. address and telephone number for the purposes of registering a Gunbroker account?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 308ld, Anaconda, 35, 11 invisible), 1,683 guests, and 827 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,744
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.