Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm sad to say mine did, and I've already sent him an eat $hit and die email. We were supposed to have weeded out all these RINO's last November. If yours is on the list, let em know their days are numbered. Politically of course.

http://netrightdaily.com/2011/02/th...tting-government-spending/#ixzz1EPw4X6Fs

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Surprise, surprise, Congress hasn�t changed�they�re still nervous to cut spending!

Here are the names of the 92 House Republicans that stood with Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats when they voted yesterday AGAINST Rep. Jim Jordan�s amendment to cut government spending, keeping with Eric Cantor�s and the rest of the House GOP�s �Pledge to America� (NOTE: Eric Cantor voted against the amendment, perhaps a violation of his pledge):

Could this be any more vague? They met to vote on Sunday???

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Surprised? Business as usual one is as bad as the other.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by RAS2
Surprised? Business as usual one is as bad as the other.

Congressmen that DIDN'T vote against the cuts...

Democrats - 0
Republicans - 149

Not all Republicans are good, but ALL Democrats ARE bad. They are not the same.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You just showed the only difference is whether there's an R or D before their name.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by RAS2
You just showed the only difference is whether there's an R or D before their name.

Sorry, I thought that's what you were saying, was that there is no difference between the two.

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
It is going to take an Egypt move to get there attention and I do not think that that will even work. Our so called politicians are nothing less than dictators them selfs. (in my opinion) at least that is the way they have acted in the past several years and whether they have a D or an R after there name it dosen't matter they are corupt going in or they get corupt very soon after.

We as a peaple need to find some way to turn it around.

The big question is HOW!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
My understanding is that was a preliminary round of voting which was prior to the final vote of which only 3 GOP voted against.

It's a common occurrence when a Bill is working it's way to a final vote. Cantor voted against it early on, as well. I don't know what Jordan tried to add to the final bill but it obviously caused some pause.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
We need to know more....Two of ours (from OK) are on this list and are very conservative. Anyone have a number on Jordans bill that is track able?

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I see our local rep Mike Simpson on that list. He's going down next election.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
So they vote for final passage cutting over $60 billion in government spending and you still call them a RINO? Why...because they disagree with you? Is that it??

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My conservative representative is on there as well. There is more to the story than this blurb would indicate. As I understand it the campaign pledge was a 100 billion dollar cut from the budget. It seems most of those who voted against it have no problem with that pledge. The sticking point is that we are now half through this fiscal year (FY 2011) on continuing resolutions which simply means so far this year we are using last years budget. Some of the young bucks calling for 100 billion dollars be taken from the FY 2011 budget making it an effective $200 billion dollar cut. The other wing is calling for a 50 billion cut this year and a 100 billion cut next year (FY 2012) from the full fical year.

I tend to agree with the second wing party. To make an effective 200 billion cut is likely to have effects on the economy that that are detrimental first of all. Second I think it would effectively hand the 2012 elections to the Democrats. I will support my congressman this year but expect the full cuts or close to it next year.

Blogs are like emails. They are enough to get you excited but seldom tell the whole story. It helps to dig a bit deeper.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Altjaeger

Blogs are like emails. They are enough to get you excited but seldom tell the whole story. It helps to dig a bit deeper.

Well said!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
NOT all constituents are in favor of budget cuts. A politician has to dance to the tune of more than one group.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Based on my lookups, some Republicans want to take a second look at the �Across-the-board cuts� and prefer planned cuts for each agency separately.

Cantor was trying to hold the democrats for the overall bill and at 2:15 in the morning called for the final vote to kill the amendment.

Ryan disagreed and voted for the amendment and has said that the $100 billion goal is still going to happen.

In the $60 billion of cuts that did pass; Foreign aid and State Department operations got hit for $10 billion and the EPA loses $2.7 billion.

As always, it is a messy process and this bill dies in the Senate anyway.

I think it was Reagan that said; Give me 90% of what I want now and I will come back later for the other 20%�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I tend to agree with the second wing party. To make an effective 200 billion cut is likely to have effects on the economy that that are detrimental first of all.

laugh That's what I want - Washington DC to have a recession and have DC home values collapse like they have everywhere else!

As it is, DC has been a boom town all this while. mad

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
I'm sad to say mine did, and I've already sent him an eat $hit and die email. We were supposed to have weeded out all these RINO's last November. If yours is on the list, let em know their days are numbered. Politically of course.

Why don't you worry about the final bill and the votes that they make for or against it? Furthermore, while the progressive fascists control the Senate and the Presidency any spending cuts are going to have a hard time becoming reality. So don't be so critical of the Republicans.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
the devil is in the details, and the article does not give the details of the amendment.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
But like the black plague the difficulty is in confining the effects to select targets. smile

Originally Posted by BarryC

I tend to agree with the second wing party. To make an effective 200 billion cut is likely to have effects on the economy that that are detrimental first of all.

laugh That's what I want - Washington DC to have a recession and have DC home values collapse like they have everywhere else!

As it is, DC has been a boom town all this while. mad

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I think it was Reagan that said; Give me 90% of what I want now and I will come back later for the other 20%�

RedState Morning Briefing
For February 22, 2011

Eric Cantor�s Failure of Leadership
Posted by Erick Erickson Tuesday, February 22nd

�On Friday, 92 Republicans, including House Majority Leader Eric Cantor and House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy, joined all of the Democrats to defeat an amendment offered up by Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn to ensure the GOP lived up to its �$100 billion in cuts� pledge.

This was a failure of leadership, particularly by Eric Cantor

Blackburn�s amendment, by its own description, would have �reduced spending by 5.5% in 8 non-security spending subsections of the bill and reduce Legislative Branch appropriations by 11%.�
In other words, just as Republicans pledged to bring spending down to 2008 levels, Congresswoman Blackburn�s amendment would have ensured it happened across the board, save for security matters.
Majority Leader Eric Cantor and Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy joined Democrats to oppose this. Other Republicans took to the floor to call Rep. Blackburn and her conservative colleagues �lazy� for wanting across the board cuts

On November 3, 2010, the same Eric Cantor spoke with CBS Evening News anchor Katie Couric and said:

�We have put on the table an attempt to put discretionary spending back to 2008 levels, and that means an across-the-board reduction in spending.�

In 2007, Marsha Blackburn offered up a similar piece of legislation which would have, by its description, �[made] 1 percent across-the-board rescissions in non-defense, non-homeland-security discretionary spending for fiscal year 2007.�

Eric Cantor co-sponsored it.

In fact, both in 2005 and 2007, Eric Cantor co-sponsored 3 similar Blackburn bills each session of Congress to make across board cuts of 1%, 2%, and 5%.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,107 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,780
Posts18,495,903
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.