Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Here in New Yorkistan we have to have a pistol permit just to own a handgun, whether it's a carry permit or not. Might as well get a carry permit if you can. That was my way of thinking anyways, so I got one. Some counties give carry permits without much of a hassle. Other counties make almost impossible.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Scott F
I had a Top Secret clearance of over twenty years. They already know more about me than my mother knew. Then there is my background check for my Haz/Mat endorsement on my CDL. Been fingerprinted so many time the have almost worn out my fingers. Getting a CC does not bother me. I have one.

Same situation with me.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have had my Carry permit since I was 19 years old (1968) here in New York. Web

[Linked Image]
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by hogan65
I've had a few hand guns for years, but have never gotten a permit to carry. Some of my friends do have permits some don't. Arguing between take it more places, it's easier to buy guns and to the other end of the spectrum where the fear of giving big brother to much information or just the general fears based on governmental conspiracy theories. What are the pros and cons. I would like to hear your opinions and recommendations.

Damned cheap insurance against a stupid ticket/charge; gives plenty of options, even if you never CCW.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hogan65
I've had a few hand guns for years, but have never gotten a permit to carry. Some of my friends do have permits some don't. Arguing between take it more places, it's easier to buy guns and to the other end of the spectrum where the fear of giving big brother to much information or just the general fears based on governmental conspiracy theories. What are the pros and cons. I would like to hear your opinions and recommendations.

Concealed Carry permits are the best way to make it to the government's "short list".

When they come for your guns, CCW permit holders will be the first........

In Colorado, there is currently a bill in committee that will allow citizens to carry concealed WITHOUT a permit, according to RMGO.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Permit to carry no you don't need a permit for free speach do ya? That will be next. Free men have the right to arms.

Dang, I actually agree with Acklybee.........

grin
Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a CCW and like it.

If the goobermint wants you they already have more than enough information via other sources.

Last edited by hillbillybear; 02/24/11.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I had a Top Secret clearance of over twenty years. They already know more about me than my mother knew. Then there is my background check for my Haz/Mat endorsement on my CDL. Been fingerprinted so many time the have almost worn out my fingers. Getting a CC does not bother me. I have one.

Fingerprints & background for a hazmat endorsement? When did they start that? I haven't driven in 15 years but I've kept my class A. I dropped the hazmat 10 years ago figuring I could pick it up again if the need arises.

You have to find an approved place to have your fingerprints taken then get an approval background check, Then you can take the test. Costs an extra hundred bucks. It a 9/11 thing.

I wonder if presenting a CCW permit would suffice. It required both fingerprinting and background to get it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
One way to make folks want something is to deny it. Since Iowa became "shall issue" as of Jan. 1 of this year, there has been a rush to get permits. The most likely reason is pent up demand.

Reasons of principle aside, I like the conveniences associated with the permit, including such simple things as being able to carry a loaded magazine to the range, as well as bypassing the approval process for a purchase. Reciprocity is also important for traveling.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gunner500
Lots depends on where You live, the LEO's here in okiehoma could care less if You had a belt-fed 50 in Your P/U.
.....while in TAX HELL WISCONSIN you'll get arrested, handcuffed and hauled off to jail when attempting open-carry legally.. mad

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
I have a CCW and like it.

If the goobermint wants you they already have more than enough information via other sources.

Only if you have bought firearms through an FFL in recent decades. Even then, that's a LOT longer list than CCW permits.

Most CCW permits go to the respective state law enforcement (usually your state Bureau of Investigation, then into their computer base, and is readily accessed by fed entities.

FFL transfers prior to the use of computers are generally still paper--sitting in voluminous file cabinets somewhere.......

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Paul39
One way to make folks want something is to deny it. Since Iowa became "shall issue" as of Jan. 1 of this year, there has been a rush to get permits. The most likely reason is pent up demand.

Or to make it "exclusive". Making it exclusive creates a demand. Makes one "special"..........

Casey

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

Fingerprints & background for a hazmat endorsement? When did they start that? I haven't driven in 15 years but I've kept my class A. I dropped the hazmat 10 years ago figuring I could pick it up again if the need arises.

You have to find an approved place to have your fingerprints taken then get an approval background check, Then you can take the test. Costs an extra hundred bucks. It a 9/11 thing.

I wonder if presenting a CCW permit would suffice. It required both fingerprinting and background to get it.
nope not here in mo. done tried that they would not buy. only reason i have a haz-mat is for farm stuff, fertz. and anthidrous amiona (damn sure cant spell that!) and yes ccw permit for me and i do use it a lot

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a Handgun Carry Permit and I do so.

μολὼν λαβέ
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Many thanks to president G.W. Bush for signing into law the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act back in 2004 (which became Public Law 108-277, 18 U.S. Code 926B and 926C)

Now active duty and retired LEOs can legally carry concealed anywhere in the US under federal law and all local or state laws to the contrary are trumped by federal statute.

It was about time.

" A little solitude is a mighty precious thing "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lodgepole
Many thanks to president G.W. Bush for signing into law the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act back in 2004 (which became Public Law 108-277, 18 U.S. Code 926B and 926C)

Now active duty and retired LEOs can legally carry concealed anywhere in the US under federal law and all local or state laws to the contrary are trumped by federal statute.

It was about time.

Well it's about time that there is equal protection under the law. I didn't see any thing in the 2nd giving LEO's more rights than us. Although I'm glad they can carry it makes sense.

NRA Lifetime Member
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Not all states allow across state line CCs MD is one of them. mad

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Hubert
Not all states allow across state line CCs MD is one of them. mad

As in New Yuck, Illinausea, Pissconsin, the PRK, New Jersey (enough of an insult right there), PRMass, Connectedschit, Turd Island, Whyarewii, and Whoregon.

Oh, look.... they are all (D) party schitholes. Go figure....

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I beleive you are wrong about that. State laws can be more restricted than federal laws but not more lenient.so they can actually stop out of state LEOs from carring in their state if they want to.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Concealed Gun Bill Passes Subcommittee February 24, 2011)

COLUMBIA, S.C. --

A House subcommittee unanimously passed a bill Thursday that would allow any South Carolinian 21 or older who can legally buy a gun to carry it, without having to get a concealed weapon permit. The bill is called "The South Carolina Law-Abiding Citizens Protection Act."

Subcommittee chairman Rep. Thad Viers, R-Myrtle Beach, says, "We firmly believe that if criminals are going to get guns illegally, we have to even the playing field and allow South Carolina citizens to have a right to defend themselves as well."

Mamie Gibbs of Columbia thinks it really would level the playing field with criminals. "Right now, we have no protection against them and they have the upper hand in every situation as long as we are unarmed," she says.

State Law Enforcement Division Chief Reggie Lloyd says he has no problem with the bill. But the South Carolina Sheriffs Association does, since it would mean people who've had no training could carry guns around in public.

"It takes more to get a driver's license in this state than it does to carry a gun under this bill," says SC Sheriffs Association executive director Jeff Moore. He says he hopes some kind of training requirement will be added to the bill as it moves through the process. Having passed a House subcommittee, it now goes to the full House Judiciary Committee.

But Rob Butler, with a South Carolina group called GrassRoots GunRights, says requiring law-abiding citizens to get some kind of training before carrying a gun does not necessarily make them safer. "Increased training requirements mean fewer people get concealed weapon permits and therefore more people are being killed, murdered, raped and robbed and beaten," he says, since they don't have the weapons with which to defend themselves.

Rep. Mike Pitts, R-Laurens, is a retired Greenville police officer who sponsored the bill. He says it's important to remember that the U.S. Constitution guarantees not just the right to keep, but also to bear, arms.

"There is no requirement in the Constitution for training," he says. "Should a person have training? Yes. The better trained you are, the better off you are handling a firearm. The more proficient you are, the better off you're going to be when you're trying to protect yourself. But it is not a requirement."

He says Texas, Montana, Vermont and Alaska have no training requirements in order to carry and they've had no problems.

The bill would require someone to be a South Carolina resident and a U.S. citizen in order to carry a gun. "We don't want illegal aliens to get the interpretation that they can carry a firearm here," Rep. Viers said during the subcommittee meeting.

The bill would also still allow businesses to prohibit concealed weapons, as they can now. It would also be illegal to carry a gun into a bar, although it would be allowed in a restaurant/bar, unless prohibited by management.

The bill would also add five years to the prison sentence of anyone convicted of using a weapon during the commission of a crime.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,268
Posts18,486,569
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.