Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
They spew hate and incite violence where ever they go.
And just like the KKK or Nazis, they hide behind the the Constitution and Bible

Every time they picket a child's funeral, or a soldier's
I want to take a cement Bible and beat them to death with it.

But that is the kind of publicity they are looking for.
Groups now, follow them around and block them from view with American flags.

I am not that good of a Christian.
I am afraid if it was one of my family, I would be arrested for the violence I would rain down upon them

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
GB1

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Yep you and I agree.

God wants His people to look upon sinners with empathy based upon our recognition of our own sin and desperate need of God's grace.

The fact that these people justify such hate with a religion whose founder said its essence was to "love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and love your neighbor as yourself" proves your assertion that they're using human constructs dressed in holy garb to justify themselves.

That is exactly the blindness for which Christ condemned the Pharisees.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Let him without sin cast the first stone? Reading some of these posts tell me the stones would come flying. Christ died because He had to. Men are not capable of abstaining from sin. They may stop one variety only to start another, equally damning version. Faith in the Power of His Blood and Sacrifice are the only hope of all Christian sinners, regardless of their sins.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One cannot reason with the unreasonable nor can you successfully argue with a sick mind. These people seem to me to fit both.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
While I would defend their right to say what they will.
They have no right to do it where those folks who are at the funerals can hear.
If we stop them from this one day they will come to us and stop us.
My son is in the NAVY and in harms way a lot since 911 and GOD forbid them folks did something at his funeral,I believe that there are enough Good People around that would take care of them.
What they are doing is setting themselves up for a huge down fall when the time is right.

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by efw
Yep you and I agree.

God wants His people to look upon sinners with empathy based upon our recognition of our own sin and desperate need of God's grace.

The fact that these people justify such hate with a religion whose founder said its essence was to "love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and love your neighbor as yourself" proves your assertion that they're using human constructs dressed in holy garb to justify themselves.

That, sir, is one excellent analysis! You have my respect and admiration.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by RickyD
Let him without sin cast the first stone? Reading some of these posts tell me the stones would come flying. Christ died because He had to. Men are not capable of abstaining from sin. They may stop one variety only to start another, equally damning version. Faith in the Power of His Blood and Sacrifice are the only hope of all Christian sinners, regardless of their sins.

Preach on brother.

Praise God from whom grace has flowed for the sins of all His people, including those who choose a different form of hypocrisy than mine.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
There is nothing AT ALL in Holy Scripture that condones the pattern of behaviour exhibited by those of the church in question. Matthew 25:31 -- 46 is a good example of Christian living and serving and the consequences of self-serving. One other passage of note:2 Timothy 4:3-4. "For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrownDog
You, sir, are the type of Christian (and person) for whom I have the highest possible respect! You seem to have found the essence of Christianity and live by it.

If ALL professed Christians focused on that one simple phrase the numerous doctrines that have developed from the various interpretations of the gospels would not be leading folks like those from the Westboro Baptist Church to preach and act out of hatred.
BrownDog,

First - That was very moving; the highest compliment I've been paid in years, and I certainly wasn't seeking or expecting that. I'm really moved; thank you.

That is my mantra that I preach. I teach youth every Wednesday night at a small Baptist church, and I happen to live in an area where the likes of the KKK are thick. I preach that mantra because, as you said, it is the essence of Christianity. Our job is to love, judgement is God's job, and thank God it's God's job, because (obviously) humans really aren't capable of getting that one right.

Again, thank you so much for the compliment; that 100% made my day.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very surprised about this churches Baptist affiliation, they're not in the Southern affiliation. They're not in the Freewill affiliation, which has it's Natl. HQ. in Nashville, this according to a news release by FW Bap. Church leadership.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Quote "They seem to believe very strongly that the Bible tells them God hates homosexuals........."

Homosexuality, not homos themselves. Big difference. As previously posted, there are wackos everywhere.

Last edited by JGRaider; 03/02/11.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by efw
Yep you and I agree.

That, sir, is one excellent analysis! You have my respect and admiration.

A hearty +1 to that! Well said.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
You, sir, are the type of Christian (and person) for whom I have the highest possible respect! You seem to have found the essence of Christianity and live by it.
BrownDog,

First - That was very moving; the highest compliment I've been paid in years...

I happen to live in an area where the likes of the KKK are thick...Our job is to love, judgement is God's job, and thank God it's God's job, because (obviously) humans really aren't capable of getting that one right.

Again, thank you so much for the compliment; that 100% made my day.

You are entirely welcome. I'm always glad if anything I say or do is useful or contributes something positive to others.

But...if my statement was the highest compliment you've been paid in years I'd say that you are grossly underappreciated (and perhaps a rarity) in the environment you are in. Certainly you are a rarity among those I've met.

My statement was merely a sincere expression of the obvious - your statements deserved appreciation and respect. The fact that you live by them makes YOU deserving of both.

I've met many people of many faiths who espouse many different doctrines with equal vigor and righteous certainty that they are "right". None have impressed me as much as your few statements - and more importantly the fact that you actually live by them.

Your approach and humility is something more of us (especially some of us here on the Campfire) should emulate. The world (and the Campfire) would be a much, much better place.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hunter1960
Very surprised about this churches Baptist affiliation, they're not in the Southern affiliation. They're not in the Freewill affiliation, which has it's Natl. HQ. in Nashville, this according to a news release by FW Bap. Church leadership.

"Baptist" is a term simply meaning that the church practices baptism by immersion rather than sprinkling. There are many separate denominations and independent churches that use the name. You can't generalize that all churches using the name are connected because they simply aren't.

The Westboro church uses it but their other practices are far removed from those of most other Baptist churches.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by hunter1960

"Baptist" is a term simply meaning that the church practices baptism by immersion rather than sprinkling. There are many separate denominations and independent churches that use the name. You can't generalize that all churches using the name are connected because they simply aren't.

The Westboro church uses it but their other practices are far removed from those of most other Baptist churches.

If they're not Southern Baptist, they're not crap. grin No good church, and strictly no church in the SE, would do this.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a son in the military. I served several tours myself.

Like it or not.....

The First Amendment protects church's right to picket funerals...

Nothing much else to say about it....

I'm a Christian and I have zero use for any church....period.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Swampman1
I'm a Christian and I have zero use for any church....period.

That is like saying, "I am an avid rifleman but have zero use for a range".

Unfortunately flawed as it is since it is made up of men, the Church is Christ's chosen means of bringing people to salvation. The fact that so many people in it are messed up is no excuse for disassociation from it. After all, how would one disassociate from all institutions that involve messed up people?

A proper understanding of one's role in the Church requires that we recognize our own sinfulness and need for grace... and our need to extend that grace to our brothers and sisters in the faith.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
There are nut jobs everywhere. This bunch just happens to think they are Christians.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kend
There are nut jobs everywhere. This bunch just happens to think they are Christians.

That should be the caption under every picture of that group!

Thanks!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 63 invisible), 3,041 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,618
Posts18,533,005
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.