Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 636 of 1,842 1 2 634 635 636 637 638 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Good news Dave. March is usually good for at least one major dmping of snow.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Just getting the wood stove rumbling in the house then I'll head out to the shop and see if I can get that truck put together with the new t-lock diff in the front.

It'll be a little tougher to get the old truck stuck now.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Cool. Here's hoping it you can get your luck back in order.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
It'll be a little tougher to get the old truck stuck now.

I got $20 that says you can do it. grin

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by northern_dave

It'll be a little tougher to get the old truck stuck now out once it's stuck.

Fixed it for ya

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I ran over a deer this morning with my truck....again. Same road, about 1/2 mile from the last one. It was dark and I came upon a group in the middle of the road after I rounded a corner. I slowed down and they split off and went to each side of the road. I honked the horn hoping they would all run in the ditches but one decided that the horn must mean that he should run out in front of my truck. He hit the bumper and rolled underneath and I swear every tire rolled up and over the dumb thing. I had to keep moving because I was meeting my boss at a certain time to drive to our plant in SD. I'm sure it wasn't pretty.

Did something fun tonight. I brought my bow along with me this trip because one of my employee's was telling me how he shoots league on the video techno hunt at the local archery shop. Its really cool. You get different live action video shots of moose, elk, whitetails, mulies, pronghorn, turkeys etc. I have never shot the video hunt before so thought I would give it a whirl even though I have not drawn my bow back since late last summer. I ended up shooting a higher score than the league shooters that have been doing it all winter. It was really fun and now I have a new idea for my future shop/man cave if I ever get rich!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Video is cool. I used to shoot league when I worked at a little archery shop, before I had cool stuff like a house. smile

It was fun. We had grouse, gators, snakes, monkey's, sometimes even deer. It was just something to do until turkey season came along.

Speaking of which, Bill...Did you draw?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Yes, I have the 2nd week. Starts April 20th. My SIL and granddaughter both drew the 3rd week.

Get that truck fixed fast Dave. Couple inches of snow headed our way Thursday.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Thursday is nuttin. The good stuff is coming Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.

I think I'm going the third week, maybe it's the fourth, I'm not sure. I don't know if I'll go or not, still thinking about that one.

Hey Bretta, do you know anywhere by my house I could go? Even public land?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I know where there are a ton of turkeys by your house....go up 65 til ya hit 9. take a right and it turns into 18. about 5 miles before you hit 35 you are in big time turkey area. I had a buddy who lived there and there is a ton of them. look for some public land close to there.

there is also the zoo that is carlos avery. dont know if i would do that though. if you do, find the hardest to access place and hunt that. dont hunt any easy to access place or you will get run over by all the turkey hunters.

there are a lot of them in ham lake and andover, but you will have to do some homework on getting access for a place to hunt. i just dont know of anyone with land there.

i do know of a wma that has them that is pretty good and not to far. right where 47 crosses the rum river. both sides of the road. it is one of our sites. not too crowded either. that whole area by cambridge and to the west is pretty good with some pretty good public lands to hunt. i have talked to the DNR guy there and he raves about it.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I worked with a guy whose land butts up against carlos avery.He said he was bored with hunting deer,and said I was welcome to come up and hunt anytime. laugh

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Is he bored with hunting turkeys?

Thanks Beretta. I may send you pm here when I remember. Been a crazy week so far.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Is he bored with hunting turkeys?

he said he quit hunting deer a few years ago,couldnt find anybody to take the meat!I told him that problem was over!
Turkeys I never thought to ask.Looks like I will be returning to work there ,maybe next week. grin

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well I found out yesterday that I start work on the 14th. I will be working the 11 pm to 7 am shift. It wouldn't be so bad if it was Sunday to Thursday, but it is Monday to Friday. So that means I won't get off work till Saturday morning at 7. That is going to take some getting used to. I should have vacation by hunting. That would really screw that up.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I worked third shift the last two years before I retired.I hated it at first but came to really like it.
You hang in there,sunshine.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
C
C
Muffy one of the product lines I sell is Kennys. I'll do my best to keep you workin. Good luck with the new job.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks CoorsCaptain, I appreciate it. smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks Stan. It will just take some getting used to. I would like it better if it were Sunday through Thursday, but in this economy you can't be fussy right. smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Worst case you're the last one to get to deer camp... and the last one to leave too. grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I worked 11pm to 7am for about 15 years. I found the key was to go home in the morning and get a good days sleep. I liked it because there were few supervisers.

Page 636 of 1,842 1 2 634 635 636 637 638 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,397
Posts18,488,893
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.