Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shooter4570
If not they can probably be arrested for harassment, which will just give the whacko church more publicity.

Negative!! I am one of those bikers that stands as a shield @ the funareals. We only go in if we are asked by the family. We are STRICTLY non violent and only stand as a shield. Some of them have been known to sit on their bikes and rev the engines to drown out the protesters.

Think of it logicly for a minute. Fred P. has at least 2 very good lawyers in his church with one of them being his daughter. If we were doing anything that was in the remotest against the law don't you think they would of sued us out of existence?

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What part of "if not" did you miss ?

If you did not obey the laws/agreements surround your activity you could get in trouble. As long as you do .... more power to you.

IMHO I think if those fools and their signs showed up at a Wyo funeral, in a small town, the local police just might all be away responding to "loose dogs" calls.

The dedication of our local vets' memorial ....... no stupid signs in sight.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by NeBassman
smile

Funeral protest measure advanced day after high court ruling - Lincoln Journal Star

Nebraska lawmakers gave second-round approval Thursday to a bill that would require protesters who picket at funerals to stay 500 feet away.

Now, the limit is 300 feet.

The vote came the day after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that members of the Westboro Baptist Church have the right to picket at military funerals.

Members of the church, based in Topeka, Kan., travel the country protesting at military funerals because they believe U.S. troop deaths are punishment for the nation's tolerance of homosexuality. They carry signs that say "Thank God for dead soldiers" and include gay epithets, among other things.

The sponsor of the Nebraska bill (LB284), Omaha Sen. Bob Krist, told his colleagues the state Attorney General's office assured him the high court's ruling does not affect his measure.

Wednesday's decision addressed First Amendment rights and the issue of psychological terror but did not address states' restrictions on time and distance of protests, he said.

U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts wrote that Westboro's choice of where and when to conduct its picketing is not beyond the government's regulatory reach and is subject to reasonable time, place or manner restrictions.

Roberts said the First Amendment protects "even hurtful speech on public issues to ensure that we do not stifle public debate."

Limits of 300 or 500 or 1000 feet away are nothing to people carrying bull horns.

And by the time you arrest the guy with the bull horn for disturbing the peace, he has got his message out, the damage to the family is done.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by longwinters
I understand the whole free speech thing, but I also thought that it was a big deal about "hate speech". Course that is also pretty subjective.

Yep!

Depends on who hates whom — how and where.

Hate is illegal for some folks, even when someone else is able to read it in your mind. But it's permissible as "justifiable" for others.

This ruling may well kill the selective Hate Speech laws.

Because as others are suggesting on this thread, the Nazis will be back in front of the synagogues to test the ruling.

That would be Karma!

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Perhaps you missed the excellent TV special on the Nazis in Amerika before 12/7/41 ? They had 20,000 turnout for a rally in MSG in NY. All we need is another depression to get groups like that going again.

Remember everyone laughed at Hitler in 1926 .........

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
arctic338;

Steve's spot on, and if you drop the personal issues with Steve's statements, you should see it as exactly so.

It should be no secret here that I am a Christian. That said, I abhor the disgusting hate message these wackos spew. The are so far off base they should not be in the same conversation as Christians. Their words and actions are vile in the eyes of every thinking man or woman.

However, as much as they sicken me I have to agree with Steve and Sean. The Bill of Rights gives them the right to their opinions and their right to speak them no matter how vile and disgusting.

We cannot have it just our way, if the First gives us the right to worship as we please and speak our minds then these sickos have the same rights.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like this fellow's approach

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

233 members (222ND, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 44mc, 7887mm08, 160user, 22 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,051 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,646
Posts18,533,755
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.