-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Well, THAT is something I'm going to wait for with baited breath.
......this would be an EXTRAORDINARY, and Historic departure from the norm.

Oh, and God Bless Mike McCaul !

GTC

Link: http://www.brenhambanner.com/articles/2011/03/04/news/news04.txt

Published:
Friday, March 4, 2011 2:14 PM CST
WASHINGTON, D.C. � Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says the United States will seek to extradite Mexican drug cartel members suspected of killing two U.S. agents last month.

Congressman Michael McCaul (R-Texas) elicited that assurance during House Homeland Security Committee hearing here Thursday.

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents were shot to death Feb. 15 in Mexico.

McCaul, a member of the homeland security committee, had asked Napolitano whether the U.S. would seek to bring the suspects here, which included this exchange:

Click Here for latest edition
Napolitano: �My understanding is that it will be prosecuted in the United States, but again those are decisions that are yet to come,� she said.

McCaul: �Is it the administration�s position that we will be seeking extradition to the United States?�

Napolitano: �Yes.�

McCaul, who chairs the Homeland Security Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee, also pressed Napolitano on the administration�s position of whether the ambush that killed Agent Jaime Zapata and wounded Agent Victor Avila was a case of mistaken identity.

The suspects have claimed they mistook the agents for rival cartel members, which is contrary to the eyewitness account of Avila.

�The briefings I�ve received were that the two agents said, �We are American diplomats� and (that their vehicle possessed) the U.S. diplomatic tag. What is the position of this administration with respect to the claim that this was mistaken identity?� Rep. McCaul asked.

�I think it would be inappropriate for me to comment on the actual evidence that will come in. This obviously is a matter that is being prosecuted,� Napolitano replied.

�I�ll take the eyewitness account of our agent over the Zetas who have been apprehended any day and I hope the administration will back that eyewitness account,� McCaul said.

McCaul, whose district includes Washington County, is seeking to reform various aspects of U.S.-Mexico relations in response to the ICE ambush, including the inability of U.S. federal agents to carry weapons while serving in Mexico.

�I was surprised to find out that there�s a 1990 agreement that prohibits our officers from carrying weapons down in Mexico,� McCaul told Napolitano. �Things have dramatically changed since 1990. There is a war going on as you know and it seems to me our agents should be armed if we are going to put them down there in harm�s way. Would you support a revision of that agreement?�

Napolitano agreed to discuss the issue but to do so in a classified setting.

McCaul plans to hold a hearing this month to examine the U.S.� role in Mexico�s war against the drug cartels. He McCaul authored the 2006 report �A Line in the Sand: Confronting the Threat at the Southwest Border,� which exposed the emerging threat of the Mexican drug cartels and the exploitation of an unsecured border with Mexico.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She is so full of crap. All it is, is sound bites with no intention of doing the right thing.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope I don't say this wrong but here goes. I don't think we can trust the govt. here.
Telling border agents to sell weapons to the drug cartels, who end up dead from said weapons. Who's getting the money?

This has a bad smell ll around. Yes there are a bunch of angry people up here who want the border situation fixed.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nappy
Janet Napolitano says the United States will seek to extradite Mexican drug cartel members suspected of killing two U.S. agents

Translation: "Although Barack, Eric and I are a hatin' it, we'll do whatever we need to distract attention from ATF's and HLS's dircect involvement in arming up terrorists to kill people so we can use the numbers to attack America's 2A."

Last edited by Archerhunter; 03/05/11.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
they didnt even try to keep the guys that killed Terry-

I wouldn't believe that lie'n Zappy Nappy as far as i can spit with a mouth full of sunflower seeds

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Originally Posted by Nappy
Janet Napolitano says the United States will seek to extradite Mexican drug cartel members suspected of killing two U.S. agents

Translation: "Although Barack, Eric and I are a hatin' it, we'll do whatever we need to distract attention from ATF's and HLS's dircect involvement in arming up terrorists to kill people so we can use the numbers to attack America's 2A."

It does seem as though we've been sold out. mad Of course we are just a number or worthless eaters.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The intriguing thing about this whole thing, to me anyway, is that

Mexico is typically VERY resistant and dodgy to "Extradition" of Mexican Nationals,....Particularly when capital offenses are involved.

If this is now a non-starter, we are indeed seeing something that stinks of "Off Kilter"

It's like it makes to much sense, and is straightforward.

That is setting off my alarm bells.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A quick google shows that the Mexican extradition treaty with the US does not allow for extradition of Mexican citizens for crimes where the punishment is death, unless the death penalty is guaranteed to not be used in the sentencing.

So we'll be extraditing him so that he can be in jail for life here in the US.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
DING DING DING,

....we have a winner.

GTC

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
They won't extradite Mexican citizens that commit crimes here then run back over the border... why would they extradite Mexicans that commit the crime 'in' Mexico? The nationality of the victim doesn't matter for jurisdiction.

If they send them here there's an agenda and the whole mess smells of conspiracy from the get'go.

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Absolutely, I think the word we might be best advised to apply to rapid extradition of "Piolin" would be SURREAL.

There's a good possibility that this Woolsey fiasco, Victor Manjarez's apparent vanishing into thin air, and Gunwalker are all tied together,.....at some very dark level,....

Big doins', sure certain.

GTC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Zappy Nappy will say damn bumb ass lie to make her look -like she's doing something - it's all smoke cuz they think we are stupid enough to believe it!

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Basically, and honestly she should say, " We are working on it. We will continue to say we are working on it until it fades from Americas short attention span, and then we will find some way to say people who hang onto it are whack jobs."

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (21, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 44 invisible), 2,145 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,641
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.