Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#5011805 03/05/11
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I have been wanting to buy an ereader for a while now, been looking at the Kindle, wondered if anyone here had one or maybe has a different kind they liked better.

More guns...need more guns.
Loving Mozambique-and Africa!!!! Too bad I only have 2 months left!!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a kindle and like it. My co-worker had some offshoot from borders or some bookstore and it sucked he now has a kindle as well.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a kindle and like it. My co-worker had some offshoot from borders or some bookstore and it sucked he now has a kindle as well.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks, that seems to be what im seeing alot, people are saying that the kindle is about the best for just reading.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I have a Nook and love it. With the Kindle you can only get books from Amazon. With the Nook you can get them from nearly any place including most libraries. I have the 3G version as I travel allot. You maybe able to get buy with wifi one which would be cheaper.

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I'll have to look at the nook, i havent checked it out much, but if you use it and like it, its worth checking out.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Ring,

My wife and I each have the colornooks. We got these as we both enjoy reading magazines and newspapers from various cities. As someone said, with the nook you can access far more sources for books, such as libraries as well as Barnes & Noble books. I would advise checking into it before you decide.

Jim

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My wife thanked me again today for her Nook ( color ) a Christmas present.
She was surfing the net and updating our NetFlix que
She uses it at least daily
I may end up with one as well

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks alot guys, ive been looking at the nook, and i really like what im seeing, not sure between color or regular.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ipad with Ibook, One gadget to do it all

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
My daughter bought the Nook Color because she reads a lot of magazines and she wanted to view the photos in color. I bought my Mom a Kindle for Christmas and at 82 she took a bit of time to warm up to it. Now she loves it. I will have one soon.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a Kindle DX, if I were buying today I'd spring for an iPad (apps for kindle, nook and iBooks)or for lots less money a Nook color. The Nook gives you more access to free books through nost library systems.

Handgun Hunter no more. STILL LOVE THOSE .41's
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not an Apple fanatic, but the wife got me an iPad for Christmas. I have all the free reading apps - Nook, Kindle, iBook - for it. I am addicted. My daughter has a Kindle, and while I will agree that is a great device, the iPad can't be beat. National Geographic on the iPad is almost better than the print edition!

Stush
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Got a Kindle. Love it. One of the great things is that Amazon has a lot of the classics for free. So you can actually go back and appreciate the book you were supposed to read in high school, but bought the CliffNotes for instead....

Murphy was an optimist.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
NookColor for my wife and I. I've hacked mine so it's more like an Android tablet now.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Myself and my wife have the Kindle.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One thing no one's mentioned is the "e-ink" thing. E-readers were developed with the e-ink to ease strain and real damage to your eyes. Reading off a computer screen often is supposed to cause significant damage over time. I don't know where the ColorNooks fit in to this. But the Nook and Kindle are both easy on the eyes. So I wouldn't jump into an iPad or color screen anything just yet. If you read a lot, a dedicated e-reader is probably what you really need.

As for brand, I only have experience with the Nook. Bought one for my wife 2 years ago. She loves it. Don't go anywhere without it. And she's only paid for a couple of books. There are a few different websites that you can download e-books for free. Look into that before you buy. The ability to download from basically anywhere can save you crap loads of money. Plus Barnes and Noble will let you "borrow" tons of free books while you're in the store. If you like to sit in book stores to read, you can do so for free now.

Last edited by pira114; 03/06/11.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1badf350, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 50 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,336
Posts18,526,783
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.