Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#5015240 03/06/11
RAS2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So where do you find it? Is there something that gives you happiness or do you find it elsewhere?

I'm just curous as what makes people happy.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Went to church this morning with my wife of 41 years, sat holding my 5 mo. only grandson, ate Sunday dinner with longtime friends and my kids, talked with one of my former students who is going turkey hunting with me, looked at some old pictures with my wife of friends that have passed on, and I'm now in my reloading room loading up some .38s for a mod 14 SW that'll stackem up.

Happiness is what and who and is everwhere if you look for it..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Huntin' n' screwin', eatin' n' drinkin', younger women, older whiskey, guns, knives, campin', hikin', fishin', shootin', ridin' my motorcycles...good stuff like that!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by schoolmarm

Happiness is what and who and is everywhere if you look for it..

BINGO! The first post gets it right.

Happiness is not what you have, not where you work, not who you know, not what you eat, nor how many millions in your 401K. There are thousands out there who have all those things and cannot find happiness. Happiness is in your mind. You can choose to be happy or you can choose to be miserable. It's up to you. I choose to be happy.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just feeling good, seeing the people that are important to me be happy, living in the present and recalling good times from the past, basically living a simple life do it for me.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Scott for adding that to mine.

Yall have a happy day.. smile

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

+1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
happiest moment for me is blowing the air horn for a kid in a car.Of course helps if parents know it's coming

that for me is the most pure happiness.Putting a smile on a youngster's face with some something as simple as acknowledging them with sounding the air horn on the truck

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F

BINGO! The first post gets it right.

Happiness is not what you have, not where you work, not who you know, not what you eat, nor how many millions in your 401K. There are thousands out there who have all those things and cannot find happiness. Happiness is in your mind. You can choose to be happy or you can choose to be miserable. It's up to you. I choose to be happy.

You two have nailed it. It is your choice and I choose to find my joy not my misery.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks Scott for adding that to mine.

Yall have a happy day.. smile

You too. grin

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Happiness for me is nothing more than a great day with the family. My needs are very simple.

To put it to more material terms, when my daughter is pitching, and has it on cruise control, just plain fun to watch.

When my son is at the range with me shooting his beloved AK, to me that's fun.

When my wife is smiling, and we are together for some quality time, that's fun.

As I said, my needs are very simple. All else is just "stuff."

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I have a daughter who is constantly chasing happiness. As long as she is playing, laughing, and partying, she is too busy and distracted to think about the fact that she is not happy.

As soon as the fun stops, she becomes very depressed, but refuses medical attention for depression.

She is one of many who makes that mistake the happiness can be given to you by another.

I find happiness within myself and by sharing life with my wife, kids and grand kids.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Sometimes just a little solitude provides much comfort and well being.

Especially when found in nature as along the shores of some hidden bay in a peaceful small Western Minnesota lake ~ ~ ~ ~

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Amen to the solitude. I've got a private place that I go to think and pray sometimes that my wife doesn't even know about. Been my spot for 50years.

If the guys and gals that post here will really think about this it'll be a long thread..

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
From a serious standpoint, it comes from those within our closest circle. Nothing to do with wealth or image.

Loosely, the Limeys sang about it decades ago:

"Happiness is a warm gun, yes it is! Bang Bang shoot shoot....."

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Huntin' n' screwin', eatin' n' drinkin', younger women, older whiskey, guns, knives, campin', hikin', fishin', shootin', ridin' my motorcycles...good stuff like that!

Amen!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

She is one of many who makes the mistake the happiness can be given to you by another.

I was making that mistake for sure, until a certain someone pointed it out to me, and now I know the difference. I have spent a lot of time since Thanksgiving/Christmas finding happiness within myself, and learning not to worry about things I can not control. I am not completely changed or running around deliriously happy all the time, but I am far more at peace with myself and my life. I know complete change is not an overnight thing, but rather something that comes with time

Lynn

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Amen to the solitude. I've got a private place that I go to think and pray sometimes that my wife doesn't even know about. Been my spot for 50years.

If the guys and gals that post here will really think about this it'll be a long thread..

I wrote a short story about solitude several years ago. It is a fiction but relates to my inner workings.

I love my wife and our time together is refreshing and renewing to me like almost nothing else. But once in a while I need a little solitude.

RAS2 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I must say that I am happy by what I read.

Some define happiness as money, possesions or such.

Family ,friends and contentment are indeed big factors.

I realized today the most happiness I find is in serving Jesus. I am not perfect by any means but strive day by day.

Still serving Him and spending time in fellowship brings me the most happiness.

May God enrich your days and bless you all. Seeing such fine people here, with all the chaos in the world, gives me hope for the future.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A comfortable bed with flannel sheets on a cold night in a completely dark room.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1badf350, 21, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 51 invisible), 2,166 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,663
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.