Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
CBS Sunday News had an update.....according to CBS the Mexican government is saying they were unaware of the ATF op ( didn't their president just meet with our current resident of our White House....you'd think this would have been discussed) and and are demanding the details.
Will be curious to see who gets the skinny first......the American voter or some foreign leader.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can bet your bippy the American public will NEVER get the straight skinny. eek

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He!! no. If that happened the people would realize they have been sold out by their own government.

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would like to know why the he// the republicans have started a congressional investigation about this! Thought Issa was supposed to be Obama'a worse nightmare and he hasn't done a thing. Business as usual.

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jnyork
You can bet your bippy the American public will NEVER get the straight skinny. eek
The only source I will believe are the whistle blowers.No way I will accept the official release.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
UHhhhh, I DON'T think this is going to "Go away quietly",
And present supporting verifiers for that theorum below.

These are just a quick grab,......this story is bigger then it was two days ago, by the power of FIVE.

WRITE, CALL, and E-MAIL your reps and tell them to get behund Grassly !

GTC

Link: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/oberndorf/110306

Link: http://azstarnet.com/news/blogs/border-boletin/article_83809dd6-45f6-11e0-9802-001cc4c002e0.html

Link: http://www.examiner.com/law-enforce...rder-agent-brought-beanbag-to-a-gunfight

Link: http://www.examiner.com/conservativ...e-atf-agents-to-d-c-for-strategy-meeting

Link: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2011/03/03/1897206/us-agents-assail-gun-tracing-effort.html

Link: http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/e...ce-program-backfires-on-u.s.-agents-.ece

Last edited by crossfireoops; 03/06/11.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
CBS to their credit -gawd, i have to control the puke sensation- is keeping this alive.

Email your representatives to pressure them into knowing there is a growing voter interest in this matter......get your friends,co-workers,gun club members,etc to email DC.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I sent off emails to both Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell today about this. Got zero faith in McConnell, but Paul has been receptive to firearms owners a lot, at least in his campaign. He's shown up at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot a couple of times, and has been consistent in his support of firearms owners.

I asked both of them to support fully, in any and every way possible, Senator Grassley.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have contacted Senator Hatch, who is on the Judiciary Committee with Sen. Grassley. He is more than a little ticked off at ATF right now. Sen Mike Lee, also from Utah, is on the committee and I expect that he has little tolerance for BS.

You can add to all this the fact that ATF instructed all its Public Information Officers to make a special effort to flood news channels with positive stories. CBS has a copy of the memo on their web page.

Just for the record, I did a little research on the Mexican gun numbers:

29,844: The number of crime guns seized in Mexico in 2008 according to a GAO report.

Just under 29,000: The total number of crime guns seized in Mexico in 2007-2008 according to Mexico's Attorney General.

7,743: The number of guns submitted for ATF trace by Mexico in 2008, according to the ATF. There is no accompanying statement of how many of the traces were successful. We can assume less than 100%.

60%: The percentage of all requested gun traces that result in a gun being traced to the dealer who originally sold it, according to official ATF publications. If tracing to the original purchaser, then 40%.

2,500: One credible estimate of the number of firearms ATF deliberately sent into the hands of the Mexican cartels.

90%: The percentage of guns used in crime that were traced to the US, according to Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and Eric Holder in public statements.

There is no combination of the real numbers that gives an estimate anywhere close to the 90% statement.

I don't know what's more chilling: 1) ATF is using taxpayer dollars to sway public opinion, 2) Our country's leaders can't do basic math, 3) Our country's leaders can do basic math, but think we are so stupid that nobody will check their numbers, or 4) People at ATF are more interested in inflating their numbers than protecting lives north and south of the border.

This story will have legs because in incenses liberals who are afraid of guns and conservatives who suspect the motives of the ATF.

Last edited by denton; 03/06/11.

Be not weary in well doing.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I just shake my head in disgust everytime I hear about this. The border isn't safe, it never has been and never will be. LE work of any sort isn't safe and it never will be. We carry guns for a reason, to protect ourselves and others not to scare people. Having bean bag rounds is much to the effect of not loading the gun at all. POINTLESS! Maybe the secret service ought to unload thier guns for awhile and see how the prez feels about that.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bump..

Oh, one more thing to consider since this is Mexico now asking for information.

Requests from foreign countries go through the Department of State. Hillary is Secretary of State.

Will Hillary participate in a cover-up and potentially commit perjury or other felonies to protect Obama?

Or will she throw him and Holder under the bus?

Just something to fantasize about.. I love the thoughts of Dems attacking each other.

PS: Rumor has it that Hillary is PI$$ED OFF in the extreme - meetings of all the bigwigs tomorrow at the State Dept. Keep your ears open.

Last edited by Calhoun; 03/06/11.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Her recent crack about getting straight dope from Al Jazeera just MAY have already answered your question, Sir.

I'd hate to have her seriously pizzed at me.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
oh yeah -Mexico will sue America for arming the cartels !!

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I almost lost my supper at the thought of......Hillary's crack.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TexasRick
FYI, I believe Bill had the same reaction.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, I been posting on this for awhile AND emailing & calling my reps in Wash. to get on the bandwagon with Grassley.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by TexasRick
FYI, I believe Bill had the same reaction.. laugh laugh
I have it on good authority that Wild Bill thinks Hillary is hawt.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
my uncle sent me a email last night he's going to dig into this and see what he can find out about it.when he gets back to me i'll post it here.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
my uncle sent me a email last night he's going to dig into this and see what he can find out about it.when he gets back to me i'll post it here.
That sounds pretty good Roger. I'd like to hear his take on it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
for all you guys contacting your reps

you have my sincere gratitude

Thank you each and everyone

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

446 members (160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 2,094 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,571
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.