Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Ordered the Slik EZ Pro today. I'll let you guys know what I think when it arrives next week.

GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Pulled the trigger on one today as well. For the $ it looks hard to beat.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Me, too, Brad. Sure like mine. Factory head is much lighter than the fancy after market one you recommended. Nice to have both.
BTW, if you make a little effort, one can put a pack or a jacket on a suitable rock and use that with either a binocular or a spotting scope. E

E, the Sprint EZ does away with the need for another head... it was the older sprint with only a ball head that was the reason for the after-market head recommendation.

I got rid of my Sprint Pro with the ball head and went to the EZ for the very reason it has an excellent panning head with lever...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by adkshootr

I've lived with mine for two seasons now and love it... great compromise tripod... not too heavy, not too light, not too big, not too small.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
The one I've used for a couple decades is the Bushnell BSN-783001. 4 me it works very well and is lightweight and very cost effective (cheap cheap...grin).

Take a look at it. Only thing I don't like is I'll wear one out about every 5 years or so, but it sees a bit more use than average during those 5 years as well.

Dober

Dober, I've got the same Bushnell... you need to try the Slik!

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

What price did you get, if I might ask? For others who have one, what's a good price for it?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Brad

I've lived with mine for two seasons now and love it... great compromise tripod... not too heavy, not too light, not too big, not too small.

That's what I figure. I was ready to drop the cash for a Manfrotto 190 CXPRO4 and a joystick head, but even if I still eventually do this one will get plenty of use. Thanks for the info.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I paid $104.95, and $2.95 shipping.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks, through Amazon?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B&H is the way to go...

IC B3

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I went with the BOG-POD Tripod... I love good gear that has multiple uses... I carry it around with the V attachment, then when I want to sit and really pick an area apart with the spotter, I attach the Switch-a-roo head and start glassing...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have the Velbon Ultra Maxi M. I can stand up and use it. It weighs in at 33 oz on my digital scale with the Manfrotto ball head on it.

Most people don't like them because of the the twist lock legs, but I happen to like them. Faster than the flip locks for me. Just pull to the desired height for each leg and lock it in place all by just holding the foot of each leg by twisting it tight and putting it away if just as easy. Twist lock legs means generally it packs up smaller as well. Packed away its only 14" long which is small enough to fit just about anywhere while still able to extend to 54.5" which is taller than I need to stand up and use my spotter at 5'9". If I had a straight spotter it would be just not quite tall enough. Though my bro at 5'6 can use his straight spotter on it.

Just another option. For how small it packs up and how high it extends and the weight its hard to beat IMO. Can be found for about $110 if you look online hard enough.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I just picked up a 54" Vivitar that will do the job for cheap but is too short to use standing.

It weighs 38.5 oz (2.4 lbs) on my kitchen scale and was $25 at Walmart. I haven't done anything but take it out of the box and fiddle with it but I think it will work for the price. It was hard to tell in the pictures but it does NOT have horizontal leg stabilizers which is what I was looking for.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vivitar-54-Tripod/15268435

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
standing while glassing is a moot point for my needs

if i'm gonna glass i want stability

that means azz parked, tripod just high enough to aid in comfort

and the eyepatch comes out

arrrghh matey, let's find a critter

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
2legit2quit: I agree, If I'm going to take the time to set up spotter/tripod??? I get as comfortable as possible and go to work....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 1234, 1lessdog, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 58 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,580
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.