Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I really believe that this demented "Trucking" stunt is going to end VERY very badly.

Talk about your "One Way" deals.....

GTC

On Thursday, following a meeting with Mexican President Felipe Calderon, President Obama announced that Mexican trucks will once again, be rolling across the border into the interior of his country.

A provision in the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the border was to be opened to Mexican truckers, bringing goods in from Central and South America, as well as from Mexican ports.

In June 2006, Jerome Corsi writing for Human Events reported on the NAFTA super highway. The proposed road would bring Mexican trucks over the border without a customs inspection until those trucks reach Kansas City. Corsi correctly characterized the border becoming simply a �speed bump� once the highway is finished. The road will cross the heartland of the U.S., eventually ending in Canada.

In 2007, that became a reality. Mexican trucks began coming into this country every day, without being inspected at the border. The potential for large shipments of drugs, illegal aliens, and even terrorists being carried in those trucks was tremendous. The NAFTA super highway is in fact a smuggler�s dream come true.

Congress eventually ended the flow of Mexican trucks over the border due to overwhelming safety under pressure from the U.S. trucking industry, and overwhelming safety concerns

However, Obama has now lifted the ban even as Mexico�s drug cartels battle one another for control of smuggling routes into the U.S., routes used for both the lucrative drug and human smuggling trades.

It is obvious that the most dangerous threat to this nation does not emanate from the Muslim world, nor from a former Cold War enemy, our most dangerous threat is now Mexico.

Time and time again, the government of Mexico has proven its complicity with the millions who enter this country illegally, considering the widespread corruption in that country�opening this nation�s heartland to untold numbers of Mexican trucks will translate into more crime, more drugs, more illegal aliens and fewer jobs for the American people.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Mexican trucks will mean more illegal drugs, more illegal aliens for U.S. - National Immigration reform | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/immigration...e-illegal-aliens-for-u-s-1#ixzz1FvukAIVK

Last edited by crossfireoops; 03/07/11.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
WTF!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The cargo is definitely gonna be "mixed".

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I posted this on one of your guys' another thread a week ago. I should have made a new one. Incredible isn't it?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just another effort by BO to keep the homies and their murderous gangs in business.

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
If I was Jan Brewer, I'd have DPS inspection teams waiting on the other side. Hold every one of those trucks up for safety and cargo inspection, then route them trough a state toll gate and that money goes to pay for the personnel and inspections...

Make the feds enforce any injunctions they bring against, militarily... let's force the 'whatever' out of the woodpile.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
If I was Jan Brewer, I'd have DPS inspection teams waiting on the other side. Hold every one of those trucks up for safety and cargo inspection, then route them trough a state toll gate and that money goes to pay for the personnel and inspections...

Make the feds enforce any injunctions they bring against, militarily... let's force the 'whatever' out of the woodpile.

Kent
I agree.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Rick Perry needs to do the same thing...

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
This is one area where we could stand with the teamsters, they have a vested interest in not allowing mexican truckers,and they have some pull with the dems.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"In 2007 Mexican trucks began coming into this country"???

POTUS O'Bammy sure wasn't POTUS then. Sounds like it was a former border state Gov, who was POTUS then. Why didn't this former border state Gov. put an end to this once and for all then????

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by hunter1960
"In 2007 Mexican trucks began coming into this country"???

POTUS O'Bammy sure wasn't POTUS then. Sounds like it was a former border state Gov, who was POTUS then. Why didn't this former border state Gov. put an end to this once and for all then????

crazy One idiots actions fails to justify another idiots actions, even if they are from the party you support. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Uhhhh,

"Congress eventually ended the flow of Mexican trucks over the border due to overwhelming safety under pressure from the U.S. trucking industry, and overwhelming safety concerns"

I don't understand,

"Why didn't this former border state Gov. put an end to this once and for all then????",

or what the point in posting it at all was supposed to be.

I don't think the poster knows, either.

Some reading comprehension problems at play maybe.....

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Uhhhh,

"Congress eventually ended the flow of Mexican trucks over the border due to overwhelming safety under pressure from the U.S. trucking industry, and overwhelming safety concerns"

I don't understand,

"Why didn't this former border state Gov. put an end to this once and for all then????",

or what the point in posting it at all was supposed to be.

I don't think the poster knows, either.

Some reading comprehension problems at play maybe.....

GTC

GB, could of ended this whole matter years ago, but he failed to, due to the money that was going to be made by big business. Where's the Hse of Rep. fighting this?? Haven't seen any news of it on TV. Isn't the house full of "do the best for America" Rep's now.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"Haven't seen any news of it on TV."

HMmmmmmm,

On Compean / Ramos, "Didn't this incident happen in Az?? "

Knowledge is POWER,.....

get some

GTC

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
For some people ignorance isn't bliss... it's simply ignorant...

Kent

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
So do we let Canadian truckers drive in this country?

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sporter22
This is one area where we could stand with the teamsters, they have a vested interest in not allowing mexican truckers,and they have some pull with the dems.
Where were the truckers in 08 when fuel was through the roof? Where are they now for that matter? Truckers should be converging on DC and shutting it down with their rigs over the exorbitant cost of fuel. Nada. NAFTA...GATT, where are our trucker friends? Apologies to truckers on here, but this is the truth.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ehunter
So do we let Canadian truckers drive in this country?

Canadian DOT standards replicate (maybe in some cases EXCEED) ours,....

Mexican trucks are not in that league, nor are the driver's of the appropriate quality, training or ATTITUDE wise.

So,....What's your point ?

GTC

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Mexico has damn near an un-restricted access for free trade in their rail road that enters this Country! Why everybody thinks that we need to allow their trucks into the Country also is beyond me...

Phil

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 1234, 51 invisible), 14,801 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,059
Posts18,541,087
Members74,053
Most Online21,066
07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.