Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Love the swine corner jorge... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No real trophy room; just stuff scattered here and there:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by goodnews; 03/11/11.
A
A
Originally Posted by JJHACK
The contractor just poured my cement today for the floor in my "play room" it is dark tan color and will be imprinted with dark brown for the cracked slate imprinting process. I'm a single guy with a 9 year old son. So we don't have any of the "domestic" issues that sometimes come up. I have at one time lived with 40 mounts in a living room/dining room situation. Now all my trophies and collectables will be in this detached family/trophy room. I have about completed all the taxidermy I will likely have in my life. It would take something exceptional to do a lifesize or shoulder mount rather then european mount.

I would like to get my lifesize brown hyena into the USA, and I would consider a lifesize european wild boar, but only a woolly monster with mega tusks. I have a soft spot for hunting swine. Never get enough!

[Linked Image]

Time sure flies Jim. Since we've chatted it looks like you've added a few varkies, re-located and are single. Sorry to hear about the latter.

Here are few you might recognize. smile Bug free since '06 lol...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

No real room for trophies, just a house with no room for art...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The rest of the house...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Chris, My sons mama has the same issue as Henk. The last 6 years we were married just wore me down and ........well the rest is history. It's so much less stress now and my little boy is with me.

We are in a much better situation now, healthy and with a focus for the future! Henk had these same issues for the whole time I knew him. He was a happy drunk, and always fun to be around. However much like my sons mom, it was never a problem for him in his mind. He could "control" it or even quit anytime. It's sad how absolutely convinced alcohol can make people believe they are just fine!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Shrapnel: yours looks familiar, Ive got a couple rooms with Bare ( wink ) walls too...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
Love the swine corner jorge... grin

An almost "Grand-Slam O' Ham", missing Giant Forest Hog and Red River Hog, but the chances of those are slim to none frown

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
Wade, thats my exact sentiment. I dont care if she doesnt hunt, but as long as I am the bread winner, the mounts will go where I please, ya dig?

Boise, you have some nice animals! Couple nice Ibex and that Black Buck is a dandy!

So who says she can't be the bread winner? Grins. My wife just managed to become the higher paid of the two of us... I"m happy.

Unfortunately I have to wonder about all the talk of divorce.... would seem to me that folks simply marry to quickly and for much the wrong reasons. The only line my wife has drawn is no hogs in the main house. She can't stand them even though she has the largest we've ever killed....

I digress as usual... pay attention folks before you get married, its much more serious than some take it, at least to us it is.

Nice trophy rooms by the way. Ours moved from our den to a redone garage/exercise room. I like it. Carolyn likes it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Waaaay off topic but since this has come up, I'll share something I head from a friend.

He said the vows should not simply be "for better or worse in sickness and in health"( you know the drill). He said it should be: " Are you smarter then Einstein" Cause even Einstein got divorced and he set the bar pretty freaking high for intelligence!

What chance do simple men have when a guy like Einstein could not figure this out!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
IC B3

REJ Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My man cave is a converted garage (400 sq ft). I have a part time taxidermy business so its a taxidermy/trophy/reloading/junk room. The "cave" is full of trophies so they are now spilling over to the house and the office. 23 in all and working on my kudu, springbok, and full body mount of a jackal. I head back to Namibia in June and hope to have all the project done by then.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so that we will always be free" - President Reagan
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Concerning wives who won't allow mounts in the house: I know a guy who is on his 5th wife, and none of them have ever allowed his trophy heads in the house. You'd think he'd have learned by this point, but he seems to keep marrying the same woman, over and over again.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I think after five, I'd quit . . . . but that's just me. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

REJ Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My wife protested for a few years and gave up when I hung a javelina open mouth shoulder mount on my side of the bed.

"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so that we will always be free" - President Reagan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife of 20 years knew what she was getting before we got married. I was a few minutes late to the wedding because I went shooting the morning of the wedding. I had bought her a new gun as a wedding present and couldn't wait to try it out.

I have to wonder how a guy can marry a women without her knowing how much you like hunting and shooting.

It was my wifes idea to put a moose head in the living room.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Concerning wives who won't allow mounts in the house: I know a guy who is on his 5th wife, and none of them have ever allowed his trophy heads in the house. You'd think he'd have learned by this point, but he seems to keep marrying the same woman, over and over again.

Maybe they all did something else well. There's got to be a reason to make the same bad choice time after time.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Dunno, but wife #5 seemed like a high-maintenance all-around bitch during the one evening I spent around her. But then some guys are attracted to that type.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Well...JB knows Ingwewife, she is like Eileen....half the trophies on the walls are hers... grin

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JJHACK
Waaaay off topic but since this has come up, I'll share something I head from a friend.

He said the vows should not simply be "for better or worse in sickness and in health"( you know the drill). He said it should be: " Are you smarter then Einstein" Cause even Einstein got divorced and he set the bar pretty freaking high for intelligence!

What chance do simple men have when a guy like Einstein could not figure this out!

Oh don't take it wrong, it happens now and then, I was simply commenting that I see comments often about wives not liking trophies etc.... and I often wonder at how long the relationship was before marrying, and was it all clear etc... because they'd have sure known what I did and how I did it well before I got married, I cancelled a couple of concerts when offered hunts when we were first dating, didn't bother my wife, still doesn't. She does her thing, I do mine, we do a lot together too. And we let each otehr do what they want basically.

Its just hard for me to figure out where folks end up missing the boat so to speak.

As to Einstein, you know what they say about the smart ones... no common sense......

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My first date with my wife was a portage into a little trout lake with an 18 ft canoe. Our honeymoon was a three week canoe trip after a six month south east asia backpacking trip whick included a month in the Nepalese Himalayas.

Right from the start we have been open and up front. She taught me to love the theater and has taken off a few of my rough edges. I say she has domesticated me, and she says I am just house broke.

At any rate she and my daughters have been my hunting buddies for thirty five years. I consider her the perfect trophy, of a life well lived. She can outshoot me most any day of the week. I could not ask for more.

If she read these posts she would give me a blast about talking about her.....

I feel bad about others failed marriages, it is a loss.

Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 47 invisible), 2,250 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,097
Posts18,502,051
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.