-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's been said many times: mind your own bloody business.

Are you being personally hurt by his actions? No? OK. (They would take the same amount of taxes out of your check regardless.)

Are you offended? Stay away. Let your thoughts be known, maybe, and it'll be easier to keep him away since he'll be an enemy.

Just shrug it off, man.

Josh

GB1

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by okok
So this guy next door broke a bone in his hand at work 3 years ago and he's still milking Workmans comp. Mean while he is running a business working on cars out of his garage. This shiat really pisses me off! I'm really thinking of making a phone call to the State. If I decide to do this, will it be taken seriously and stay anonymous? He even laughs about what he's doing. eek

You guessed it....he just milking the State that Americans won't milk. mad

I'd turn him in. I don't know whether to call his boss or the state, but I'd do it. He's cheating the taxpayer and giving a bad name to a program designed to help those with a legitimate workman's claim.

Done deal...called the tip line this morning. I have know idea where he worked at ?

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I personally think that you did the right thing, but then I don't like thieves no matter how you dress them up. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

okok:

You absolutely did the right thing.

But don't be surprised if it takes a while for him to get nailed. There's a lot of dirtballs playing his game.

- Tom

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tough decision, but can't see where it's ethical or moral to turn a blind eye on blatant and intentional fraud.

I agree with ya, hope it all turns out okay.

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

Om Mani Padme Hum...........

When a column of troops under Lt. Col. Francis Smith moved into the countryside to collect arms and munitions gathered by the patriot militia, hostilities erupted at Lexington and Concord on Apr. 19, 1775.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most definitley did the right thing, now it is up to the state to do their part.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good for you okok! As a small business owner this kind of stuff really pizzes me off.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once worked with a chump that early one expressed a goal of acquiring a disability. He injured a forearm while working a state job that also furnished really decent housing. He didn't work, collected unemployment/medical benefits for about 3/4ths of his allotted time, and was still occupying the house when it was discovered he was double dipping with a cash job on a logging crew. His benefits were terminated and he was out of that house inside of 24 hours. Talk about one pissed off wife.

She was a hard worker and dumped him some months later. He eventually came up with a back injury on the logging job, and began enjoying retirement at the rip old age of 36.

Turn the bastard in.

1Minute
okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tjm10025

okok:

You absolutely did the right thing.

But don't be surprised if it takes a while for him to get nailed. There's a lot of dirtballs playing his game.

- Tom

I'll be shocked if anything does happen.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I knew this was going to get ugly. grin

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
So this guy next door broke a bone in his hand at work 3 years ago and he's still milking Workmans comp. Mean while he is running a business working on cars out of his garage. This shiat really pisses me off! I'm really thinking of making a phone call to the State. If I decide to do this, will it be taken seriously and stay anonymous? He even laughs about what he's doing. eek

You guessed it....he just milking the State that Americans won't milk. mad

I'd turn him in. I don't know whether to call his boss or the state, but I'd do it. He's cheating the taxpayer and giving a bad name to a program designed to help those with a legitimate workman's claim.

Done deal...called the tip line this morning. I have know idea where he worked at ?

LOL that's great. Hope they hang that little POS by the short hairs.

NRA Lifetime Member
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Probably a cop anyway! They're really good at that disability thing.
Yap, I know quite a few claiming back problems & still home collecting the $$$ for yrs. One actually has a side cash business installing cabinets. Totally BS.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
narc

GOA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Damn fine job.

now if I can catch the SOB on comp from our work, out in the yard in the garden or weedeating one day when I have my camera along.... i'll be hanging him out to dry.

Can't stand thieves or cheats. Used to be they got a rope. And because of that there was much less of them.

now it seems they feel entitled.

I wouldn't not turn in a criminal, same here.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The Lady I spoke with asked how I knew this, I told her he had bragged to me about it, she starts to laugh and said..ooooookay. grin

POC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great post!

Originally Posted by Seafire
Workman's Comp....

Sadly this is something that some folks turn into an institution.
Although this was passed on by a friend 10 to 12 years ago, that had moved from Hawaii to the mainland after being out there 20 years or so.

His wife was a teacher at a High School on the Big Island.

She was teaching a class of freshman, with roughly 40 kids in the class. The theme for the semester was planning what the kids wanted to pursue as a career. They were to research on what education to pursue, to get to their career goals.. and then follow thru with what kind of continuing education they may have to get to maintain that, like a nurse or teacher having to take continuing education courses each year.

Three different students turned in papers indicating that they want to follow in their parents footsteps, and wanted to do "Workman's Comp" as a 'career'.... not administering it... but collecting it.

All three students turned in detailed papers on how to get on workman's comp and how to stay on workman's comp for many many years. Young and naive, they looked at collecting Workman's Comp as an acceptable career in life. After all their parents did it. Two of the parents were former employees of the state of Hawaii, that had gotten 'hurt' on the job.

That is what kind of mindset our society has, courtesy of the liberal left.

If anything I state appears to be medical advice, I am not a doctor; be sure to contact your family physician before making any changes in your medical regimine.
POC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
Well I do field surveillance on these folks for a living and they are bleeding the system dry. I can hear the small business owners screaming for the guys head and everyone else should be screaming for it to. Insurance fraud cost everyone about 10-15% of every premium you pay, from the full on fake slip and falls to those who were legitimatly hurt and have just gotten used to watching TV all day. Work Comp in most states can vary from "get your azz back to work" to full on criminal prosecution that lands folks in state prison.

The bottom line is a little honesty goes a long ways. Surveillance is not cheap and the insurance companies do not like to pay us anymore than the person receiving the bogus claim. Sometimes they know a claim is fake but it is such a low dollar amount they will let it go for a certain period of time before they really lean on the person to close the case. By the time a case gets to me it has been screened on multiple levels and we investigate less than 1% of all claims. Pure fraud, the fake injuries, account for 8-10% of all cases and some studies show almost 50% of the injury claims are exagerated to extend time off.

This is a slap in the face to every one of you that had gone to work and put in your full day even when you felt like crap. I understand what is is like to have a valid claim and be treated like the bad guy by your adjuster. I was there myself and was still going to physical therapy with screws in my hands when I was tailed. But after more than a few years of this I have seen so many outlandish claims I can understand why adjusters are so cynical. I can still remember being denied a vacation when we were short handed at work because of a few people off on injuries, only to have one of the "injured" ask me if I wanted to go fishing. I drove past his house on the way to work and there he is hooking up his boat. According to his Dr. he was "bedridden". You would be amazed how many tips we get from coworkers who are sick of busting their butts when someone else is receiving a tax free paycheck and double dipping with a side job for cash as well.

I'd love to your job. At least for a while, I know every job gets old after a while....

If anything I state appears to be medical advice, I am not a doctor; be sure to contact your family physician before making any changes in your medical regimine.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Things are always as they appear to jurors. Look at how Senator John Edwards made those hundreds of millions in court for the poor damaged babies. He lied his way to riches.

[Linked Image from ]
POC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ppfd
I know a young guy doing something similar.

"Hurt" his back on the job. Yet he is able to play volunteer fireman, every day all day.

Does he have a license plate with the little guy in a wheel chair on it? That's what I love, VFD-disabled.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1_deuce, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 1234, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 47 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,456
Posts18,529,096
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.