Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I can understand where the innies will be the longer term problem.

Now I'm gonna have to invest in a few bottles of UBC and start cleaning rifles to bare metal..........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Curios, any difference between Dyna-Bore and Ultra Bore?

http://www.amazon.com/Dyna-Tek-Coatings-Dyna-Bore-Coat-Kit/dp/B004D4MUOI

They look the same?

G
GreBb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
John,
I can�t buy Montana Xtreme locally... What other cleaning solvent would you say is second best for UBCoated barrels?
What I can find here is Barnes CR, Sweets, Hoppes 9, Shooters Choice and Forrest (foam).
Alvaro

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I started using JB with a tight patch on all new barrels and almost all of them showed some metal on the patch even if it took a magnifying glass to see. Sometimes there is a lot like the barrel wasn't flushed well while being chambered.

Don't know if it is mostly from the chamber or the rifling but seems like a good idea to remove it. Probably the first shot fired would do the same thing, but maybe not.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
SU35,

I just found out the company that Ultra Coatings joined last year is now calling the gun-care products group Extreme Gun Care, and has changed the name of UBC to Dyna-Coating. I don't know why, since UBC was definitely starting to be recognized as a product. But it is the same stuff.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Alvaro,

I have no idea what Forrest is. If it's at all like Wipe-Out, where you just leave it in the bore for an hour or more, then swab it out, then that's what I'd get. Of the others, I prefer Barnes CR-10. You can't leave it in the bore indefinitely, like Montana X-Treme or Wipe-Out, but it does a fine job without being as harsh as Sweet's.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
G
GreBb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Yes, it is a foam, quite similar to Wipe-Out.
That is what I will use, then!
Alvaro

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wipe out the new bore and UBC it. Have done it to many and it works well.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Wipe out the new bore and UBC it. Have done it to many and it works well.

And if it starts to show fouling again, like a 338 win mag did many moons ago, reclean it and coat it another time. Not hard to do.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ok guys here is the info. on DYNA - TEK Bore Coat formally UBC.About a year and a half ago we mereged Ultra Coatings with two other companies. They wanted the merger so they would have have access to the Gun Shield clear coat. We are located in K.C., MO. about 15 miles east of our old location in KS. We are not part of Extreme Gun Care we sell product to them however. Our website is www.dynamicfinishes.com then click on DYNA - TEK.
We changed the name of our products to better reflect our company at the same time we repackaged our products. So yes DYNA - TEK Bore Coat and UBC are the same product. We still apply gun finishes but the merger also let us expand our Gun Shield use with Dynamic Finishes. They apply film dip or Water Transfer film aka Camo dip.In the past if you got gun cleaners on your camo it would melt it. With Gun Shield over the camo there is no problem with cleaners as they just sit on top of the clear coat. Next year you can wipe another coat of clear on your camo if it's needed. Now go to the web site and let me know what you think of the new packaging.
Doug

Doug Burche
Gun coating with Dyna Coat and CeraKote
Dyna Bore Coat,Because barrel cleaning SUCKS.
www.dynamicfinishes.com
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
You need to update the picture on this webpage Doug.

http://www.dynamicfinishes.com/companies/dynatek-coatings/ultra-bore-coat/

I clicked on your link below your tag line to get to it.

And I do like the new packaging.....

If it quits raining for a week I'll be able to move my bullet trap back to 100 yds and test some of my Coated rifles....

Allen

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I ordered 3 kits from Doug on Friday and they showed up on my doorstep today! Going to do a muzzleloader for sure, still deciding on the other 2 guns to get coated

Probably my 300 RUM and either a 270 or 243. Probably the 243 to start with

Drummond

C
C
Originally Posted by Doug_Burche
Ok guys here is the info. on DYNA - TEK Bore Coat formally UBC.About a year and a half ago we mereged Ultra Coatings with two other companies. They wanted the merger so they would have have access to the Gun Shield clear coat. We are located in K.C., MO. about 15 miles east of our old location in KS. We are not part of Extreme Gun Care we sell product to them however. Our website is www.dynamicfinishes.com then click on DYNA - TEK.
We changed the name of our products to better reflect our company at the same time we repackaged our products. So yes DYNA - TEK Bore Coat and UBC are the same product. We still apply gun finishes but the merger also let us expand our Gun Shield use with Dynamic Finishes. They apply film dip or Water Transfer film aka Camo dip.In the past if you got gun cleaners on your camo it would melt it. With Gun Shield over the camo there is no problem with cleaners as they just sit on top of the clear coat. Next year you can wipe another coat of clear on your camo if it's needed. Now go to the web site and let me know what you think of the new packaging.
Doug

Hello Doug! I am trying to get some Dyna-Bore Coat up here in Canada. Do you ship to us Canucks or maybe have a dealer that will ship over the border? Maybe a Canadian dealer???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Dave

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by huntsonora
I ordered 3 kits from Doug on Friday and they showed up on my doorstep today! Going to do a muzzleloader for sure, still deciding on the other 2 guns to get coated

Probably my 300 RUM and either a 270 or 243. Probably the 243 to start with

Drummond

I was under the impression that one kit would do more than one rifle. Is that incorrect?

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
One kit will do at least 5 rifles, IME.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Thanks

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
So, since I hate cleaning ... is there any reason not to apply UBC in every darn rifle I own, from the pre-war Model 70 to the NULA with fewer than 30 rounds through it?

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
That's what some people do. In fact, I know somebody who treats every firearm he has, whether centerfire, rimfire, muzzleloader, handgun or long gun.

John Steinbeck
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
crazy davie, contact Jordan Smith who posted following you. I bought some Dyna Tek through him a couple of weeks ago.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
That's what some people do. In fact, I know somebody who treats every firearm he has, whether centerfire, rimfire, muzzleloader, handgun or long gun.

Thanks, John. I'd think it would really make a heck of a lot of sense for muzzleloaders.

Cutting down plastic fouling in shotgun slug barrels would be a real win, too. I've long suspected that as a culprit for poor accuracy in my 20-ga. Hastings barrel.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (akrange, 3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, Alan_C, 15 invisible), 1,995 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,891
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.