Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
A couple of years ago, I had one artery 100% blocked and one at 95%. By the grace of God a good cardiologist got to me before the heart attack occurred. It was too close, though. 3 stents and some serious diet modification and meds later, and I'm rockin' and rollin'.

Take note - in as bad a shape as I was, I passed a stress test. Just because you pass a stress test doesn't mean you're not in danger. A heart CT scan showed the calcified plaque deposits in my arteries, and helped convince the doc to do my angiogram TODAY! Good thing he did - I was feeling worse as the day wore on.

The angiogram is the gold standard of detection, but a heart CT scan may convince your doc that you need the angiogram. If you're over 40 don't ignore this. A very close friend of mine my age didn't get checked and just had a major heart attack. The crack-open-the-chest-and-perform-heart-massage kind. Take this seriously - lotsa guys in their 40s are having heart attacks these days, and in the 50s it's a real problem.

"It is, I think, going to be a very harsh and unpleasant kind of business...and will, I think, require an extremely harsh and unpleasant kind of man to see to it." [Martha McCandles (Maureen O'Hara) speaking of Jacob McCandles (John Wayne) in "Big Jake"]
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've never had the pleasure of meeting him but I've heard that's he's a good guy to talk too.

I consider him one of the top two or three gun writers currently out there and hope he can get back to 100%.

I know we would all like him back to work so we can read his writings but I know he's far far more important to his family, best wishes to them and for a speedy recovery....................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
best wishes! hang in there, we need our best hunting buddy, who else makes us feel like we are with him when he wrights his stories? god bless!

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Ignored the Angina attacks for some 15 years after the first one. A stress test took me to a 3xBypass a week later, saved my life. I m now almost 66 and have done 4500 logged miles on my bicycle in the last 21 months. Two great stress tests in the interim with the Doc saying my heart function is like I never had a bypass. I had a 100% blockage of the Widow Maker and a collateral artery that had done its own bypass was 60% blocked. The collateral artery was the only thing that got me thru those 15 years. Not rare I was told, but it does happen. Don't take chances like I did.

Buzz Gillis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had two stents put in that prevented a heart attack. And that is only because I had some early warning signs, and I reacted to them.

Craig is a lot tougher guy than I am, and he probably did not have the early warning signs.

But if I had to bet on anybody, it would be Craig.

I've met and talked to him a few times at SHOT, and he was gracious and generous.

My prayers, and bets, are with him.

Steve

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Best wishes to Craig a great writer and Marine, also a fellow southpaw.

"Good tings come to dose who shoots straight." Alphonse Soady
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Craig Boddiington.

JD338

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I really like to read his stuff and think he is a good guy. I wish him all the best and know what he is going thru. It changes Your life, You look at things differently. Craig get better.

MOLON LABE
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Wishing Craig a speedy recovery!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First I'd heard that he had a heart attack - certainly bad news, and of coarse I'm wishing all the best for him, and his family.

I've read, and watched countless hours of his work, and hope to benefit as much in the future as I have in the past from his work.

I consider his writing (and broadcasts) about Africa as excellent, and hold them dear - because it's as close as I'm likely to get to that type of hunting.

Get well soon Craig.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
An inspiration to us all.... God bless Craig and his family!!

I take a lickin', and SOMEHOW, Keep On Tickin'!!!! smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sure hope all is well with him, and he makes a full recovery.

He brings Class to our sport.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prayers Sent.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Prayers sent to Craig and his family.

I had a full cardiac work up done about 2 years ago, and I'm 51 now. I had a nuclear stress test done because the cardiologist suspected a blockage (long story leading up to that). End result was no blockages and the echo-cardiagram showed everything was within the normal parameters.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
prayers to him and his, hopin he bounces back strong, would wager that he will

diet might get, me, stress??? maybe, but I've read enough here to know that hard work seems like a cause

so I'm cutting that chit out for evermore!

though there's an argument to be made I already did about 10 years ago

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Just a note: Craig has always liked to work very, very hard--which may be obvious. But I saw it as somebody who worked for him for a number of years, back when he was editor of Petersen's Hunting.

He and I were 2nd Lt.s together at Quantico and later at Pendleton. During the Basic School, after a long week of crawling thru the woods on our bellys most of us would "crash" on the weekends; Craig would go deer hunting!!

Six years later when he was in charge of the Specialty Books Division of Peterson, I wrote a few pieces for him--he had maintained that same work ethic.

Thirty years later, I'm the one that's put on 80 lbs. and lives a sedate life style while he's maintained the vigor of his youth. Yet a quirk of Karma, he's the one that had the heart attack. He's a special breed and will be living life in ftontal assault mode soon.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Best wishes to Craig and family...We met several years ago at SCI. You were and still a gentleman.

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Prayers for you Mr. Boddington......

GOA
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
All the best to a great outdoor writer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers on the way for a speedy recovery.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (007FJ, 204guy, 222Sako, 160user, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,527
Posts18,491,115
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.