Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
I heard on one of the news stations today that Mexico is indeed building a fence on its SOUTHERN border to keep out illegal immigrants!
Unbelieveable.
Here is an excerpt from a news article that I found when I did a search (Mexico building fence southern border).

"Reporting from Guatemala City, Danilo Valladares of the Inter-Press Service (IPS) notes that there will be one more barrier for Guatemalan immigrants in their trek to the United States. In addition to dodging dangerous drug traffickers and immigration officials, the latest obstacle is emerging: a wall between Guatemala and Mexico.

According to the head of customs for Mexico�s tax administration, Raul Diaz, the Mexican border state of Chiapas is constructing a wall along the country�s southern border with Guatemala, along the river Suchiate which divides the countries. Diaz says the purpose of the wall is to prevent the passage of contraband, but admits, �It could also prevent the free passage of illegal immigrants.�
End of article quote.

Some of "our" politicians should be jailed for treason.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Probably heard you wanted to sneak in.. whistle

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
POC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It appears the crap runs *uphill* in the Northern hemisphere....

If anything I state appears to be medical advice, I am not a doctor; be sure to contact your family physician before making any changes in your medical regimine.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've worked a bit in Chiapas,....you would not BELIEVE the way the Guatemalans are treated there.

I'm talking SLAVERY, on those big Coffee plantations,...and from there it gets worse.

Goddam their (Mexican) dishonesty, and corruption.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
I heard on one of the news stations today that Mexico is indeed building a fence on its SOUTHERN border to keep out illegal immigrants!
Unbelieveable.
Here is an excerpt from a news article that I found when I did a search (Mexico building fence southern border).

"Reporting from Guatemala City, Danilo Valladares of the Inter-Press Service (IPS) notes that there will be one more barrier for Guatemalan immigrants in their trek to the United States. In addition to dodging dangerous drug traffickers and immigration officials, the latest obstacle is emerging: a wall between Guatemala and Mexico.

According to the head of customs for Mexico�s tax administration, Raul Diaz, the Mexican border state of Chiapas is constructing a wall along the country�s southern border with Guatemala, along the river Suchiate which divides the countries. Diaz says the purpose of the wall is to prevent the passage of contraband, but admits, �It could also prevent the free passage of illegal immigrants.�
End of article quote.

Some of "our" politicians should be jailed for treason.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Well that's not right, we need Guatemalans to do the jobs Mexicans won't do.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Well that's not right, we need Guatemalans to do the jobs Mexicans won't do.

Oh,that is rich!

Would love to hear that line on a network talk show!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yet I wonder how the Mexican government would respond if we ever got around to building our fence...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"If" is the right word, unfortunately.

The "vehicle barriers" do nothing to stop foot traffic. The Ports of Entry are staffed by humans, who can be fallible (or even bought at times). The "Gun Runner" scheme is the latest example of a fiasco on our southern border, "supervised" by the BATFX. The drug smuggling is a huge and unique problem in addition to the money that corrupts (at least) the Mexican authorities.

They can't build the real fence fast enough for me.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Probably the best place for it. After all, when they unify the U.S., Mexico and Canada a fence along the U.S. Mexican border would be a mute point.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Mexico has always had the tightest border on the continent.
Their southern one.

If they are building a fence it means they need their troops somewhere else.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
mexico should get our presidenta to go there a tell his people how to do things an thats a no no

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Living along the border our local news reports when the Mexican Soldiers rescues people in Northern Mexico that are trying to get to the U.S. It is always people from Central or South America. I guess they just want their people to get across.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just think we could hire illegals to dig a 300' wide chanel from the gulf to the pacific. Then fill it with gators and croc's.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember awhile back there was a gator found in the Rio Grande. The people on the other side of the river were more concerned about it than on our side.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scotty
I remember awhile back there was a gator found in the Rio Grande. The people on the other side of the river were more concerned about it than on our side.

import some Nile croc's

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, AB2506, 406_SBC, 14 invisible), 4,158 guests, and 757 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,808
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.