Print Thread
Hop To
L
LRF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
I was at the Hertiage gunshow here in the Minneapolis area and found and bought my frist Savage 1907 in 32. Have no idea why but I just have wanted one for a long time. Also from another dealer bought the Savage pistol book so now I am about to become an expert. LOL.
Its quite nice with 90% plus blueing, no marks or scratches, grips are mint, probably never used much at all. The clip shows little wear but is not unfired.

Now I may want one in 45 Auto....hint hint smile

Save the Earth...its the only planet with chocolate!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congrats. They really are nice little pistols. Got any pictures?

Rod

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
L
LRF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I best I can do right now.
casecolors on right side of trigger are near 100% and on left a bit of wear where it enters frame as it moves back. You can see this in the pic of left side.
Slight wear of the blueing at the safety also however all the edges are sharp and blue without wear. The polish is that typical Savage mirror. SN is 64K range.
I'll read the book but anyone know a manu date?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're right. Nice little rig and if it makes you happy, that's all that counts.

I just have one little eencey weencey little guestion??????? Where's the lever????????? grin grin grin

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wanting one is good enough reason to buy one.

No need to explain. smile

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Nice little pistol. Of course, a .45 in that shape would be a nice companion piece to it wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Made in 1912.

Should have the old style riveted rear sight with the u knotch.

At 65000 they changed to the integral square knotch rear sight.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
L
LRF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Thanks Mad Dog.
U notch riveted exactly. The Brower book says 1910 to 1911 for this serial numbers, not an issue other then if 1911 my gun is 100 years old. cool

Also one note, mine looks way better then most of the examples in his book. smile I really like that mirror shiny blue Savage put on its early guns.

In addition, I only say this for reference and not for comment as I am perfectly happy with the buy..the price was $500 even.

FYI there were only a couple of 99's at the show, one was quite nice with an engraved monogram on the receive (looked very factory) fancy wood with that really thick rubber buttplate. Wanted a fortune for it.
I also bought Steyr M95 for $100, how could you go wrong at that price.

Boltman sent you a PM over on the Doublegun

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nice looking pistol. I used to go to the Heritage show and also the March MWCA show at the fairgrounds every year. Lots of good memories and fine people. Some of the old faces still around? Did you happen to see Dale Peterson? We all have guns that we have sold and wish we could get back - mine was a small collection of Savage pistols that I sold about 15 years ago.

L
LRF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
I call Dale a friend and talk to him when ever we see each other. He was at both shows.

Who are some of the others and I will tell if I know?

I thought this years show was particular good. I think the economy is starting to really hurt and people are trying to move stuff.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Wow! That is a really nice example. You gonna shoot it? Mike

Leave the gun, take the canolis.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have 4-5 of the savage pistols, they are great little guns, and very well made. shoot it and enjoy!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yes, I call Dale a friend also....what a class act. As we say in northern Minnesota - he is "good people". I don't know how many rifles I have bought from him - traded - and also other collectibles.

Other people that come to mind...Jim Jasken is one...last I heard he retired and is spending a lot of time in Arizona. A lot of other faces that I can't put a name to right now....would have to go thru my old correspondence.

Thanks, LRF, for stirring up these memories. I may have to get off my rear end and start hitting these shows again!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LRF
Thanks Mad Dog.
U notch riveted exactly. The Brower book says 1910 to 1911 for this serial numbers, not an issue other then if 1911 my gun is 100 years old. cool

Could very well be. I just grabbed the 1912 date from Baileys book because I saw that they switched to the integral sights at 1912 and the serial number was 65000. Maybe that was the year change as well.

I grabbed up my first 1907 in 380 last week for $150 but it needs an extractor. Hopefully won't be to hard to find. Will make a nice addition to the pair of 1915's I've got in 380. Now to just find that elusive 1917.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
L
LRF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Mad Dog...best of luck in your search. Since I am not a collector this is probably the only one I will ever buy. That leaves you with one less competition. smile

Klondike...why would you buy one if not to shoot. An unfired gun is one that we do not know whether it will work or not. grin

JackPine...I know Jim J and yes I think he has hung it up. He use to have a table at the March show and a couple of times right next to ours. He was a class act. Never a collector but rather a straight forward business man. He bought guns right and sold them for more...an honorable trait.

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (10gaugemag, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 3333vl, 358WCF, 17 invisible), 15,280 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,976
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.