Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
in the Senate.....you've pretty much got it:

Forty-one senators have pledged to filibuster any bipartisan spending bill that includes an amendment to strip federal funding from Planned Parenthood, threatening an impasse with House conservatives.

The group, led by Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.), includes thirty-nine Democratic senators and two Independents, Sens. Joe Lieberman (Conn.) and Bernie Sanders (Vt.)�

The group outlined their opposition in a letter to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and GOP leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.), asking Reid and McConnell to �stand with us against extreme proposals by some members of the House to eliminate support for women�s health and family planning programs and providers that service millions of women and families.��

Reid has already declared the Planned Parenthood rider would not be part of a final deal with the House on 2011 spending levels.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
GB1

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
�stand with us against extreme proposals

After Schmuckie Schumer's remarks about talking points from his masters, this is what really stands out. Once you learn the language...

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
the day is coming...........

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
that service millions of women

silly bastards, they have already been serviced.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's a documentary from 1984. I don't like abortion, but am just sayin'...

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Ohio will be voting on the "heartbeat" bill soon.
A real test against Roe V Wade

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Steve - I know I'm slow, but ..

You support a Florida pastor�s right to free speech, but you don't support a woman's right to have an abortion. The former has major ramifications while the second is between the woman, the doctor and, God.

Abortion is none of the government�s business including financing it.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
( Abortion is none of the government�s business including financing it.)nor ours!!!!
i dont feel any taxpayer money should be used,but also we shouldnt be able to tell a women what she can or cant do, jmo

Last edited by rong; 04/04/11.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
the Senators aren't voting on whether abortion should be legal.....the US congress has never had the opportunity to do that. This is simply an issue of whether the abortionists at Planned Parenthood (what an Orwellian name for an abortion mill) will continue to pocket hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars every year.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
All this free speech and woman's choice talk conveniently leaves out any mention of the life and rights of the unborn person. The woman made a choice to lie on her back with her legs open doing the wild monkey dance knowing full well she might be making an unwanted baby. Why should a baby be killed because of the bad choice of a woman? "between the woman, the doctor, and God" leaves the baby out of the discussion, and the baby is the one whose very life is on the line.

I don't like the government getting involved in things any more than necessary but do realize that the government does generally attempt to see that the lives of individuals are not snuffed out just because someone does not want to be inconvenienced.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rong
( Abortion is none of the government�s business including financing it.)nor ours!!!!
i dont feel any taxpayer money should be used,but also we shouldnt be able to tell a women what she can or cant do, jmo

Agree 100 percent.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
does that include not telling little women that they don't get to live?

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
The little women don't have a choice while the big women do. Nobody protects the rights of the little women to make choices or even to have any.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by djs
Steve - I know I'm slow, but ..

You support a Florida pastor’s right to free speech, but you don't support a woman's right to have an abortion. The former has major ramifications while the second is between the woman, the doctor and, God.

Abortion is none of the government’s business including financing it.

shocked Rather a harsh comparison, free speech to baby killing. frown GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
life starts at the moment of conception and if you deny that you seriosly have a moral compass so f'ed up you won't fine your way and i pity you

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
life starts at the moment of conception and if you deny that you seriosly have a moral compass so f'ed up you won't fine your way and i pity you

Cowboy:
Best guess is that remarks was not directed at me, if it was, suggest you reread the post. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
no oldtimer just a general comment, for some reason abortion is a sore spot that gets me fired up

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
"I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born." Ronald Reagan

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I am pleased that it does. Sad situation when so many think otherwise. GW

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 12savage, 62 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,684
Posts18,475,043
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.