Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
if you're serious Scott, I'll give you whatever you want for the lot of it.

when you're ready to buy it back, let me know, same price.

shoot me a pm if you need to get rid of it

My exact first thoughts, until I caught the drift...

blush note to self, perhaps read the whole thread instead of just the OP before posting

I'm not a dumbazz but I play one on TV

sorry Scott

good thread, thought provoking

makes me wish they still made LEOs or men like TLee

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Scott F
Input appreciated. I will tuck my 1911 in my belt and Mr Nice Guy goes to work in the morning.

I retire July 15th, then Mr Stand His Ground shows up.

I am still in favor of seeing the illegals with felony warrants locked up.

So what can be done about our governments total lack of desire to do anything about out illegal invasion. I have yet to see any name on a ballot that would stand up and do something. We as the people of this country are being robbed, murdered, raped, assaulted and facing various other crimes while our federal and most state governments not only do nothing but have no desire to lift a finger to stop the atrocities. Then we top it all off by paying out tax dollars to support such people.

If I have missed where to vote for such a person pleas let me know. It is twenty years past the time to do something about this problem.
I don't know how to fix it, but this is the best way to start. Being in prison significantly affects your ability to enact political change. So many scared people out there, wanting to be protected from everything, willing to give up freedom for a (perceived) certain level of protection. Don't know how you fix that, but that is what drives it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
..so much drama shocked

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am always polite when dealing with others, I do not believe in making trouble where there is none. My tact has been when in other jurisdictions that do these things is polity ask what sort of checkpoint it is. If they reply that it is a sobriety one, I state that no I have not ingested any alcohol before driving and I do not use drugs. If asked about where I am coming from or going to I simply state I am peacefully going about my business.

I will provide my License, insurance card & registration as that is a legal requirement of my state and refusing or not having them with you is a ticketable offense here.

I am not one of those folks that will make a scene out of the deal. If they want to search my vehicle I will ask for the warrant to do so. Sans a warrant I will refuse and if not under arrest will at that point attempt to leave. I have not been detained for politely exercising my rights yet and I do not play the retired LEO card ever.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

R
R
Hi Scott,
I am a New Zealander and haven't been in a situation like this, but I do recall working in an underground coal mine, and it became very dangerous, and we had been told that in 2 weeks the mine would be closed. So I thought it better to leave the job and take the redundancy offered, rather than risk life and limb and hope to get selected for a job at another mine. Is it possible for you to take sick leave or some other leave even if you dont get payed for it???. I do know how you feel as I often "blow my stack" at the crazy goings on in NZ, but it is better to eat humble pie now, and then vent your frustrations after you have retired...ie, legally through the media. Life behind bars is not what you need...please obey the Law and live a long and prosperous life.
Richard B. Western Australia

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These roadblocks increased exponentially around here after they lowered the blood alcohol content.

All an officer needs is probably cause. In other words, he needs nothing at all, other than a couple of more or less meaningless words...

I remember one of thse stops the officer walked up to my truck and the first thing out his mouth was "I think I smell alcohol". I said, "well, sir, that'd be quite a trick as I havn't had a drop in over 8 years."
He waved me on through.

If you refuse the vehicle search and pat down (read: treated like a criminal for no other reason than because the officer spoke those 2 words... PC) You WILL be detained until other officers arrive, often bringing the K9, and they'll haul you in for finger printing and tow your vehicle. Standing up for your rights will waste the remainider of your day, cost you a bunch of money, and get your name in the paper even if nothing is found and no laws have been broken.

Most of these roadblocks have only one representative of the Sheriff's office and the rest of the officers are State Patrol. They import SP personnel from down in more populated areas. Local deputies know pretty much everyone traveling to and fro around here. These imports know none of us and we know none of them. And you can always tell when there's going to be a batch of roadblocks set up for our enjoyment, there's a bunch of vehicles for several days down by the state patrol office and "training" exercises going on out back. Dressed in black or camo and repelling down a wall, etc. People who don't know to keep an eye on these 2 places and what to look for over there are surprised by the roadblocks. When I see abnormal activity I know there's probably going to be some raids on suspected druggies and probably going to be some roadblocks in the area.

The whole thing stinks of tyranny. A new level of tyranny building towards yet another new level.
Right here in our own free country...
Looks to me like too many cops on the payroll and nothing better for them to do.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
This does remind me though, of an incident here last year. I was driving N on US 441 to my mechanic's shop. There were a LOT of flashing lights in the distance, in the median. I drove up to see what was going on.
Before I got to the police cars, there was a sign saying 'drug check ahead'.
Satisfied as to the situation, I turned around, and drove on to the shop.
On the way, a Sheriff's deputy pulled in behind me and hit the blues. I pulled over, and asked the officer the reason for the stop.
He said I was suspected of trying to avoid a drug check point, and would have to let him inspect my vehicle.
I refused his request, and was told that it might be an hour or more before another unit with a drug dog would show up.
I smiled, and said fine. I said I had a book, a bottle of water and lots of time.
He sighed, and told me to get the heck out of there.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fishing expedition.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Fishing expedition.

Don't know Fla. law, they may have a law regarding avoiding checkpoints. That's why they put up the sign and watch those who turn around.

One of the better ones i've ever seen was on I-40 in E.Tn. an S.O. up there, put a sign on the interstate stating "drug checkpoint 2mi's ahead". The only exit prior to it, exited to a dead end county road, that appeared to run beside the interstate.

There was no "drug checkpoint", LE was more interested in the out of state veh's. that exited the interstate and went down this road.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Scott ,

Take a deep breath or three and finish your career out.
Once you're retired you will have time on your hands to fight this kind of aggrevating BS.

There are road blocks here a lot -tax basturds doubled the price of tags in one year when the economy dropped off.
Had the gall to say "we don't want to lose anyone" meaning workers at the tax/tag office.
So they have road blocks trying to find a guy who is on hard times.

Here's what someone i know well does -there are certain places where the road blocks are set up -someone -don't know who -pours out simplex nails by the bucket where they park.
Hundreds of simplex nails in the commies tires i'd bet.

T Lee you are what every cop should be -a true american but unfortunately cops like you are few and far between.

You can operate road blocks, and still have good repore with the citizens. In my area they put the road block notice in the paper. The majority of them are for simple things like DL. Veh. registration and insurance. One of the reason that insurance rates are high is the number of uninsured drivers running around.

The majority of DUI checkpoints normally occur, hours after many of you are in bed. The agencies that i'm familiar with, who do these check points, don't start till after midnight and run to about 3am. on Fri. or Sat. nights.

The percentage of good law abiding citizens driving around is normally lower at that hour. The percentage of drunks and criminals is normally higher. This with better results for the intended purpose and less intrusion on the citizens.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1OntarioJim, 160user, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 47 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,336
Posts18,526,767
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.