Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
7 STW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Our group has 2 spring griz draws.Hunted the other side of the highway 7-07 ect.Any B.C guys hunted this area..Lots of mountains and slides but never been there myself..

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
7STW;
Sorry that I've nothing to share about the area, but all the best luck to your group on the grizz hunt.

I hope to see photos of defunct bruins when you all return.'

Have a good week and stay safe Mike.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

7 STW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Guess the snowpack will dictate how the hunting is.Myself I'll have a black bear tag but really have no intenions of shooting any bear.More or less going just to get out and ride my quad in some new country.

Hoping just to feed my eyes and help with their bears.Thats always a 50/50 bet.

All the best Dwayne.

Mike

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Let me try this again, I'll be across the Mcgregor from you in 7-17. Seen a few grizz right along the river on both sides. Here's a picture of one off a video clip.

[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hey Mike,there should be no lack of bears.I've seen plenty in 7-16,and a friend hunting 7-17 was over run with them(over 30 griz spotted in one week!)That was in the fall when the salmon were in the Torpy,but the slides in your area should hold plenty of bears if you timing is right! Good luck,I'll be hunting 2 hours from the house this spring! Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
IC B2

7 STW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks guys.
Were about 2.5 hrs away from were they want to hunt Murray.Not too bad.Gonna camp for a week or so I believe.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by redmtn
Let me try this again, I'll be across the Mcgregor from you in 7-17. Seen a few grizz right along the river on both sides. Here's a picture of one off a video clip.

[Linked Image]

Looks like the bears around the homestead....fellow I work with has invited me to join him in 7-18 for a grizz hunt....luck dog got an leh....only about 20 miles up the road from our place.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
CS, you live in Upper Fraser? Had a friend who worked at the mill there before they closed it down.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not far from there.....we have hoards of bears around the property all the time. They sure left a mess at that old mill site.....should clean it up if they are not going to use it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Always thought it would be a great place to film another Deliverance movie, I drive through there quite often to my hunting area.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You see the mess those pigs left at Otter Lake?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
No, i dont go up there, hunting camps?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, I presume so. With ropes and tarps left on the meat poles it was most likely hunting camp. I hadn't been out that way in years so we did some road hunting [exploring]....some real nice grizz country up that way too!!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've seen a couple of very nice griz on the slides at the top of the Captain road (left just before Otter Lake).Took a nice bull at that little pond where the road flattens out near the top,there was a griz on the gutpile next morning. Monashee

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Saw some caribou up at that exact spot last fall....and a wolverine down by the lake.....I might just mix things up a bit this fall and do some serious hunting up that-a-way.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
CS, do you know anything about this memorial in 7-17? found it on a side road back in the bush abit last fall.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No idea.....looks like someone made quite an effort on it though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I haven't seen that before either.

Amazing what we find out there huh?

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
Saw some caribou up at that exact spot last fall....and a wolverine down by the lake.....I might just mix things up a bit this fall and do some serious hunting up that-a-way.
That's mighty nice country in there but since they split 7-16 into A,B and C zones it's much tougher to draw the C area.We saw quite a few wolves in there,never could get a shot.Lots of bulls and lots of griz. Monashee

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I cut my teeth hunting with a buddy up in 7-7. His parents have land out in Upper Fraser with a huge swamp in the back yard. Beautiful area. It's sure grown since I first started going there. I haven't been hunting out that way in more than a few years though.

The last time I was out that way you had two vehicles in front of you and three behind you trying to pass. Even ran into one vehicle that would stop in the middle of the road to let the passenger out to have a look in the bush, but wouldn't let anyone go by. He'd cut you off and try to run you into the ditch when you'd attempt to pass. He'd finger you and just be a dick.

I haven't spent much time in 7-18 and haven't been out to the torpy in over a decade. I did see a sow grizzly with three PUFFY PUFFY cubs. She wouldn't get off the road. They'd run over the crest of the hill then start walking down the road again. I'd slowly crest the hill because I didn't want to pressure them and there they were. I stopped and waited for a bit and they eventually disappeared. Good luck on your trip.

<B>Make it idiot proof, and some one will make a better idiot</B>
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 12 invisible), 2,805 guests, and 736 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,816
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.