Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#5130940 04/08/11
7 STW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L.E.H is out.No regs but one can get the hunt codes off the Ministry of Enviroment website.Looks close to last years.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
THX

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Looks like they are out in the stores now,remember guys,they have to be in by May 20th,good luck! Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
7STW;
Thanks for the heads up Mike, I appreciate it.

While it doesn't look like the girls are interested this year, I'll be making my annual donation to the cause for sure.

Good luck to you and to the rest of our BC contingent here.

I hope you have a safe week Mike.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
Last year, after 10 years I finally got a mt. sheep LEH for the Ashnola. I hunted hard every day for 7 days up there, saw over 80 sheep, and not one of them was a legal (3/4 curl) ram. Bummer.

... but I'll try again. Maybe one of my sons will draw and I'll go along to help.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The "annual donation" Dwayne? I love it! It's the story of my life. I content myself with the knowledge that it's always the hunters who do anything meaningful for game and habitat. I'll be sending in my annual donation soon!

Regards, my friend.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
BCBrian;
You are of course most welcome and I'm happy I could give you a bit of a chuckle on a dreary Monday morn.

Honestly Brian I think if the odds were .5:1 and I was the only entry, I still wouldn't get drawn! blush

My record on draws is much, much less than stellar anyway, but of course if I don't put in, then I'll for sure and certain not be hunting there.

I know that the BCWF has tossed around a points system and I dearly wish we could move in that direction.

I hope you and yours have a great week Brian, stay safe and it looks like we'll have to work at it to stay dry as well!

Dwayne

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by John_G
Last year, after 10 years I finally got a mt. sheep LEH for the Ashnola. I hunted hard every day for 7 days up there, saw over 80 sheep, and not one of them was a legal (3/4 curl) ram. Bummer.

... but I'll try again. Maybe one of my sons will draw and I'll go along to help.

John G;
The Ashnola isn't a cake walk sheep hunt at all and over the years I've known lots of locals who were drawn but didn't shoot a ram.

As we're in the Okanagan - OK Falls or nearby there anyway - we spend a bit of time up the Ashnola every year and have done that since about '85 or so.

While we have seen sheep there on occasion, its almost always been in spring when we were fishing or bear hunting. It's bloody big country with not a real pile of sheep in it.

As well, they appear to be a little like our Okanagan Californias in that they don't mind a good "walkabout" from time to time.

All the best luck to you and your sons with this year's LEH John.

Regards,
Dwayne

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I saw that they were out the other day. I'll make my donation again this year too. So far I've only managed to draw 1 tag in 16 years and then it wasn't even in the area of my choice. It ended up being a December antlerless hunt way out in 7-23c or something like that. Of course the only one we saw was a bull WITH antlers.

I ran into a few other people out that way and they said they never put in for it either. They managed to get a cow despite the -28c temps and the 60km/h gusts.

<B>Make it idiot proof, and some one will make a better idiot</B>
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by John_G

John G;
The Ashnola isn't a cake walk sheep hunt at all and over the years I've known lots of locals who were drawn but didn't shoot a ram.

As we're in the Okanagan - OK Falls or nearby there anyway - we spend a bit of time up the Ashnola every year and have done that since about '85 or so.

While we have seen sheep there on occasion, its almost always been in spring when we were fishing or bear hunting. It's bloody big country with not a real pile of sheep in it.

As well, they appear to be a little like our Okanagan Californias in that they don't mind a good "walkabout" from time to time.

All the best luck to you and your sons with this year's LEH John.

Regards,
Dwayne

Dwayne,
Thanks. I should add that, while I didn't find any legal rams, I saw a few good-sized bucks up around Crater Mt., but the season wasn't open yet.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (222ND, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,474
Posts18,529,448
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.